HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drew MacIntyre

Old
05-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

vCash: 500
Drew MacIntyre

Is Drew MacIntyre owned by the Habs of was he a FA signing by the Bulldogs. Does he have any future or is he a career minor leaguer at this point?

From http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/

"Drew MacIntyre is 1st in the league in save percentage after eight games with a .943 SV% and tied for
second in the AHL in goals-against-average with a 1.64 GAA. He has now won 14 of his last 17 games and has started the past 29-straight Dogs games dating back to the regular season".

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:42 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
Is Drew MacIntyre owned by the Habs of was he a FA signing by the Bulldogs. Does he have any future or is he a career minor leaguer at this point?

From http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/

"Drew MacIntyre is 1st in the league in save percentage after eight games with a .943 SV% and tied for
second in the AHL in goals-against-average with a 1.64 GAA. He has now won 14 of his last 17 games and has started the past 29-straight Dogs games dating back to the regular season".
Habs property, they traded Festerling for him.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Habs property, they traded Festerling for him.
Looks like that trade is working out considering Festerling only played 5 games for the Wolves

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Emanresu Wen

Drew MacIntyre, eh

I was in 6th grade at school and my teacher told me that next week we'd get a special guest to talk about his passion, the sacrifices he made and how he got there.

The following week some tall, skinny, long-haired guy walked it. He was the starting goalie for the Sherbrooke Castors back then. Some shady dude named Drew MacIntyre.

Where is he now? Ripping the AHL apart for the team of his childhood dreams, the Canadiens.

What a great story.

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:54 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
Drew MacIntyre, eh

I was in 6th grade at school and my teacher told me that next week we'd get a special guest to talk about his passion, the sacrifices he made and how he got there.

The following week some tall, skinny, long-haired guy walked it. He was the starting goalie for the Sherbrooke Castors back then. Some shady dude named Drew MacIntyre.

Where is he now? Ripping the AHL apart for the team of his childhood dreams, the Canadiens.

What a great story.
really???

cool story bro and good for him. traded for him when the regular in HAM got injured, hopefully, he'll lead the kids to another cup

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

He could serve as price's backup next year. Save 500 000 on him instead of resigning Auld. Him or Sanford could play a handful of games.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
He could serve as price's backup next year. Save 500 000 on him instead of resigning Auld. Him or Sanford could play a handful of games.
This is why I wish I could watch the AHL playoffs right now, I really want to see how this guy plays, and if he could in fact backup next year.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
This is why I wish I could watch the AHL playoffs right now, I really want to see how this guy plays, and if he could in fact backup next year.
Dont think Auld will cost 1M$. If he wants to stay in the NHL, he will have to reduce his salary by maybe 20-30%.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Dont think Auld will cost 1M$. If he wants to stay in the NHL, he will have to reduce his salary by maybe 20-30%.
I'd rather have an experienced NHL back up for 1 mil instead of a 600-700k guy with little experience unless it's a hotshot young guy like Bernier or Schneider. You don't want your season down the tubes if Price missed 4-6 weeks.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 01:54 PM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'd rather have an experienced NHL back up for 1 mil instead of a 600-700k guy with little experience unless it's a hotshot young guy like Bernier or Schneider. You don't want your season down the tubes if Price missed 4-6 weeks.
Why wouldn't we try to re-sign both Sanford and McIntyre to 2-way deals and let them battle for the backup spot? Chances are both them, or if not at least one, would be able to rise to the occasion.

I played against McIntyre and he was crazy good - then again everyone who is in the NHL was crazy good in Junior.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Why wouldn't we try to re-sign both Sanford and McIntyre to 2-way deals and let them battle for the backup spot? Chances are both them, or if not at least one, would be able to rise to the occasion.

I played against McIntyre and he was crazy good - then again everyone who is in the NHL was crazy good in Junior.
Why not go with Auld? 6-2-2 2.64 and .914 playinhg very sporadically. If Sanford or MacIntyre were NHL calibre they wouldn't pass waivers every year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why not go with Auld? 6-2-2 2.64 and .914 playinhg very sporadically. If Sanford or MacIntyre were NHL calibre they wouldn't pass waivers every year.
No they wouldn't but they can be a good backup for price. Like i was saying the extra 0,5 cap space can make the difference in keeping the Wiz or not.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 04:16 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having this guy as the potential back up next season. I fully expect Price to play 65+ games anyways.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote