HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

which season tix holders from the board are renewing???

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2004, 02:17 PM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
which season tix holders from the board are renewing???

they gave me an extension on my 4 tix until tomorrow and I'm undecided if I should just renew or switch to a 15 game mini plan which fits my schedule much better even though I'd hate to lose my seat location of the last 10 yrs which are awesome.

I'm thinking of renewing and just selling off the bulk of them but from the looks of things it will be a tough sell next year.

Anyway just wanted to see how many of the other seasonticket holder's are renewing this year.

Old
07-13-2004, 02:18 PM
Fletch

I thought about renewing my plan...

but wasn't sure if I wanted to front money in case there's no season.

Old
07-13-2004, 02:20 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
but wasn't sure if I wanted to front money in case there's no season.
That's the other thing that has me 2nd guessing.

Old
07-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
they gave me an extension on my 4 tix until tomorrow and I'm undecided if I should just renew or switch to a 15 game mini plan which fits my schedule much better even though I'd hate to lose my seat location of the last 10 yrs which are awesome.

I'm thinking of renewing and just selling off the bulk of them but from the looks of things it will be a tough sell next year.

Anyway just wanted to see how many of the other seasonticket holder's are renewing this year.
I did a 15 game mini plan. I figure that they are losing season ticket holders and people on the waiting list are declining. A lot of friends of mine were offered full season tickets this year so I am guessing that going from a mini plan to full season for 05-06 shouldn't be that bad and there should still be good seats available.

Old
07-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

I renewed--only after seeing the plans they had for refunding money in case of a lockout. They even pay interest (3% I think).

I really don't expect to be seeing much hockey this year.

Old
07-13-2004, 02:38 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I renewed--only after seeing the plans they had for refunding money in case of a lockout. They even pay interest (3% I think).

I really don't expect to be seeing much hockey this year.

Brook, what is the refund policy??

I didn't even open my letter this year so if you can give me some info on it I'd appreciate it.Thanks

Right now I think I'll renew and dump alot of the games b/c with my 2nd son about 2 weeks away I can't see getting to nearly as many games as I have in the past.

Getting old sucks but at least I'll be 2/3 of the way there forming my own line of players!!

Old
07-13-2004, 02:40 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Getting old sucks but at least I'll be 2/3 of the way there forming my own line of players!!
I already have my 4 year old godson on skates

Old
07-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
I renewed.

to think i spent all that money last year to see NO EFFORT from a bloated payroll resulting in losses on a nightly basis actually has me excited for this upcoming year.

I would much rather watch a bunch of reasonably priced, young, hungry kids take the ice, put in the effort, and lose. As long as they are trying, i'm there.

last year it was more fun to watch the pee wee hockey during intermission than the game itself. so bring up the pee wees and lets have some fun!!

As far as the refund policy goes, here a link to what you got in the mail:

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/subscr...newal_0405.asp

Old
07-13-2004, 02:55 PM
JR#9*

Thanks for the link Fotiu.

If I'd don't renew it has nothing to do with the state of the NYR's because I'm as pumped to see this season as I am about any of the ones I've had tix but it's a different type of excitment where I'll hopefully be able to see a very good young core of players grow and develop together.

Nothing beats catching a midweek hockey game at MSG and knocking back a few 20oz's.

Old
07-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Fletch

20 ounces?

shoot, they got 64 OZ - and you can keep the glass.

Old
07-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Bure9*

Quote:
Nothing beats catching a midweek hockey game at MSG and knocking back a few 20oz's.
Killian's???

Old
07-13-2004, 03:14 PM
JR#9*

Quote:

Had a few of those but unless you are really pounding then it gets warm at the end.

Old
07-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Jackson Ranger

I renewed mainly because I split the seats with three other guys and two of them wanted to renew.

I guess between the reduced pricing and the thought that other season ticket holders wouldn't renew and therefore I could upgrade my seats, I went along with the renewal.

I'm hoping I get a lot of weekend games IF there is a season because those are the only ones where I might have a chance to sell them. You can't even get people to go to the Flyers/Devils/Islanders games anymore.

Old
07-13-2004, 03:22 PM
tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
I did a 15 game mini plan. I figure that they are losing season ticket holders and people on the waiting list are declining. A lot of friends of mine were offered full season tickets this year so I am guessing that going from a mini plan to full season for 05-06 shouldn't be that bad and there should still be good seats available.
i gave mine up last season (had our 3rd child in dec) and a rep from msg called me multiple times throughout the season trying to talk me into a mini plan. i don't think you'll have a prob going back to a full season sub as it appears there's plenty to be had.

Old
07-13-2004, 03:55 PM
NYR469

i renewed my tix...i've been praying for a rebuild and some youth for 7 years so there is no way i'm giving up my tickets now...i can't wait to actually watch some young hardworking kids that care

Old
07-13-2004, 03:59 PM
NYR469

there is no waiting list...if you submit to the form on the official site that you are interested you'll get a call within 24 hours...

when they are advertising season ticket sales for the current season a month into the year (something that never happened in the past) then you know that you'll have no problem getting them over the summer...

of course you also know that when the rangers are finally good again people will start swarming back so if you wait too long you could find a waiting list down the road...but i think everyone here follows things closely enough that you'll know when that is coming before the average fan knows the rangers are better

Old
07-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Fotiu22

Quote:
for what, only like $25 bucks, right?

are the ones you get at the regular concessions only 20oz?? i thought (hoped) they were bigger... now im starting to question my tolerance...

Old
07-14-2004, 10:20 AM
xevious

Yup, I'm in, paid in full. I even applied for an upgrade. No big deal if I don't move down/over, I'm already pretty close to center ice but I wouldn't mind moving down a few rows. We'll see.

Count me in as another who can't wait for the puck to drop. WHO SAID RANGERS FANS WON'T TOLERATE A REBUILD!!!

Old
07-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Fotiu22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevious
Yup, I'm in, paid in full. I even applied for an upgrade. No big deal if I don't move down/over, I'm already pretty close to center ice but I wouldn't mind moving down a few rows. We'll see.

Count me in as another who can't wait for the puck to drop. WHO SAID RANGERS FANS WON'T TOLERATE A REBUILD!!!
yeah, i am pretty psyched for the season and also am pretty excited to move closer to center ice or maybe even down. if not no big deal, i love my seats...second row off the walkway (313), top of the circle on the end we shoot at twice/game. I love it because they hold up all the traffic until the whistle blows and then i get major eye-candy walking by during the time outs. woo hoo!! BUT, i WOULD like to move down or towards the center and with many "die-hard" fans (the ones who leave a 1-1 game with 3:00 left to catch their train ) not renewing, i think i'll have a good shot.

Old
07-14-2004, 10:40 PM
broadwayblue

i'll be renewing...any idea when the upgrade call-in is supposed to take place? i assume there should be a higher % of people not renewing this year...but considering most of the tickets are held by corporations i have no idea what kind of effect it will have.

Old
07-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
i'll be renewing...any idea when the upgrade call-in is supposed to take place? i assume there should be a higher % of people not renewing this year...but considering most of the tickets are held by corporations i have no idea what kind of effect it will have.
I received my upgrade letter in the mail yesterday. My date for calling is August 4th. I think it is based on how long you have been a season ticket holder, which for me is 1992.

Old
07-15-2004, 03:13 PM
OldBlueSeats

well im paid for!! This is going to be my 14th season and im pumped up for last place! Im looking to move down a few rows if I can and even pick up 2 more seats to bring my total to 4, ill split the 4 with my Brother, Section 422.. ill be there till the put me in the earth! :gman:

Old
07-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Fotiu22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats
well im paid for!! This is going to be my 14th season and im pumped up for last place! Im looking to move down a few rows if I can and even pick up 2 more seats to bring my total to 4, ill split the 4 with my Brother, Section 422.. ill be there till the put me in the earth! :gman:
HOLY S****!!

I was 422 row E seats...er..i forget, but think 7&8... the guys i split them with still have them... you might know him... the big guy who whistles the potvin sucks whistle REALLY loud (i think he got kicked out once for it).

I moved down to 313 last year, but miss the old 422. great section, center ice, concessions directly behind.

Old
07-15-2004, 07:37 PM
nyyfan2

I did not renew this year. Working (up at 4am) and living in CT I can only make it down to weekend games. In previous years was able to move all of the games to other fans. Last year I had a hard time finding anyone to go to the weekday games. It hurts a lot to give them up but it is easier for me just to buy them through ticketmaster (and get killed on the fees) for the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games.

I agree that many people will be fine with rebuilding, as I am. However, the casual fan that was going all those years will not anymore and that makes it very hard to move the mid-week games. It was a tough decision but I just took such a financial beating last year that I was worried about this year....

Old
07-15-2004, 08:19 PM
OldBlueSeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22
HOLY S****!!

I was 422 row E seats...er..i forget, but think 7&8... the guys i split them with still have them... you might know him... the big guy who whistles the potvin sucks whistle REALLY loud (i think he got kicked out once for it).

I moved down to 313 last year, but miss the old 422. great section, center ice, concessions directly behind.
This was my 1st season in 422, I was in 424 row F seats 7&8 for the past 13 years and they were tough to give up but I got down to Row C in 422 and had to make the switch. If I can grab a 1st or 2nd row for 4 seats in a good section ill grab it but ill stay there if I cant get anything else.. It is a verry good section so I hope I get 2 more right there. Not sur of the Potvin guy but now ill keep my eyes out.

Closed Thread