HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offer Sheet Rules?

Old
05-01-2011, 02:27 PM
ct2111

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Zamboni View Post
Like Chain said, the Sabres are not offer sheeting ANYONE. Darcy is too ______ (fill in blank) to do that stuff.

So number crunchers ... If we don't bring back Connolly (at current salary), Neids, Grier, Montador and Lalime... How much cap space do the Sabres free up?
Assuming the cap goes up to $62m,
a little more than $21m with RFAs to sign.

Assuming the four RFA d-men get $1.5m on average = $6m,
assuming Gerbe gets $1.5m,
assuming Stafford gets $3.5m,
assuming Enroth gets $.8m,
assuming Morrisonn is off the team/cap (minors, trade, LTIR),
that means a little more than $50.5m and about $11.5m to sign a center and a d-man.

Sabres are in great shape cap wise.

EDIT: Forgot McCormick, so assuming he gets $.75m,
a bit more than $10.5m.

Last edited by ct2111: 05-01-2011 at 02:43 PM.
ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Rangers have 16 million in cap space right now. They can comfortably re-up both Callahan and Dubi before July 1st and make an offer to Richards since you can go 10% over the cap during the summer. Then they can buy out Drury and free up another 3.5 million (actually, i think they free up more than that, they can buy out drury at 2/3rd of 5 million, and that is spread over 2 years)

We already have a big overpaid 3rd line center....unless you want to feed Boyle 2nd line minutes?
Not advocating an OS on Boyle, but acquiring his rights in trade. A bottom 2 of Boyle/Gaustad would give them a size and physicality advantage with a bit of offensive production (30-35 points each or more wouldn't be out of order).

05-01-2011, 06:23 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Rangers have 16 million in cap space right now. They can comfortably re-up both Callahan and Dubi before July 1st and make an offer to Richards since you can go 10% over the cap during the summer. Then they can buy out Drury and free up another 3.5 million (actually, i think they free up more than that, they can buy out drury at 2/3rd of 5 million, and that is spread over 2 years)
A buyout of Drury in the offseason would leave $3.7M on the cap next year, and $1.6M the following season.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boose30 View Post
how about we send an offer for doughty, LA wont have enough money to match an offer sheet for him at around 4.5mil and still retain 8 other players with only 11.5mil available this off season for them
Uhh, no. Doughty is their franchise player. They will match any offer sheet and then worry about moving other pieces later. Ryan Smyth and Dustin Penner only have one year left on their deals, and teams would be interested in both. Heck, they'd trade Jack Johnson before walking away from Doughty. There is a 0.0% chance that we could pry Doughty away via offer sheet. Also, it bears mentioning that LA is the one team in the league with a richer owner than we have.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:47 PM
CowbellConray

I think the Ranger will have to let walk at least 1 of Dubi, Callahan, Artem, and boyle.

I expect them to keep Callahan, as he is so crucial to their team. I would think Dubi is next, the Artem and finally boyle. I would love to target any of them, but I think Boyle would be a good fit on the 3rd line. What about a trade for his rights and we ship them one of the rights to our young D corps(Butler, Grags, Webs or Sekera).

Or try to offer sheet Artem or Dubi. I would love Dubi on our second line though. Would be a great fit there with Pommers or Stafford and Ennis.

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowbellConray View Post
I think the Ranger will have to let walk at least 1 of Dubi, Callahan, Artem, and boyle.

I expect them to keep Callahan, as he is so crucial to their team. I would think Dubi is next, the Artem and finally boyle. I would love to target any of them, but I think Boyle would be a good fit on the 3rd line. What about a trade for his rights and we ship them one of the rights to our young D corps(Butler, Grags, Webs or Sekera).

Or try to offer sheet Artem or Dubi. I would love Dubi on our second line though. Would be a great fit there with Pommers or Stafford and Ennis.
There's rumblings that the Rags are going to try to be active in the trade market. If that's the case, I would imagine Anisimov is going to be the centerpiece of a deal. He's only 22 and he's coming off a 44-point season. If they sign Richards, I'd imagine they'd roll with Richards-Stepan-Boyle down the middle.

Cally is the future captain of the team, and Dubi will likely be an alternate. No way that those guys are getting away. They're the heartbeat of that organization.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote