HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Sharks playoff performance has surprised you the most so far?

View Poll Results: Which Sharks playoff performance has surprised you the most so far?
Patrick Marleau 2 1.60%
Joe Thornton 5 4.00%
Dany Heatley 4 3.20%
Ryane Clowe 1 0.80%
Joe Pavelski 2 1.60%
Logan Couture 1 0.80%
Devin Setoguchi 4 3.20%
Dan Boyle 4 3.20%
Marc-Edouard Vlasic 8 6.40%
Kyle Wellwood 12 9.60%
Jason Demers 16 12.80%
Niclas Wallin 18 14.40%
Antti Niemi 4 3.20%
Ian White 41 32.80%
Other (please specify) 3 2.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
By the way, my vote is for Wellwood.
I think it's close, but I'd give Wellwood the edge because he's playing well beyond his cap hit.

Although, maybe I'm just used to overpaying for forwards as a sharks fan.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Wedontneedroads

vCash: 374
gotta be ian white. he is holding that blue line together.

brought in as a puckmover, but has ended up being a defensive stopper.

his defensive stickwork is possibly the best on the team, ESPECIALLY in terms of blocking passing lanes along the ice.

The Sharks' defense has been the only real roadblock I have been harping on all year long. They may be figuring it out at the right time with White and the rest of the defense's increased play.

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
I don't know how you can say that about Pavelski. He's been all over the puck all series. He and Wellwood are such great spark-plugs for the offense. If Mitchell were to pick up his game that third line might be our best line.

Yeah Pavs has been great this series. He's not lighting up the scoreboard (he would be if Mitchell didn't have hands of stone), but he's getting chances and playing very well defensively.

Last edited by Tkachuk4MVP: 05-06-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
I don't know how you can say that about Pavelski. He's been all over the puck all series. He and Wellwood are such great spark-plugs for the offense. If Mitchell were to pick up his game that third line might be our best line.
sadly i think this is the best mitchell will ever be, he's a great team mate but useless other then that.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbelikewall View Post
gotta be ian white. he is holding that blue line together.

brought in as a puckmover, but has ended up being a defensive stopper.

his defensive stickwork is possibly the best on the team, ESPECIALLY in terms of blocking passing lanes along the ice.

The Sharks' defense has been the only real roadblock I have been harping on all year long. They may be figuring it out at the right time with White and the rest of the defense's increased play.
I'm going with Ian White also. Late trade acquisitions have the toughest time adjusting to a system and it is especially true for defensemen. It took him some time to get settled in, find his role, get some chemistry with anyone (lucky for all it happened to be Wallin), and get to a point where he can be trusted and he can trust others to be where they're supposed to be.

White has been almost as productive as Boyle in less time on average. If there was any pairing that was going to be a question mark in the playoffs, it was White and Wallin. Wallin for obvious reasons. White due to the fact that he was struggling for the most part as a Shark and it was his first playoff appearance. They've come through with flying colors.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Le Rosbeef

vCash: 500
Patty is an obvious choice but I am going to throw Nichol's game in there.

His sandpaper has been such a help in years gone by. Chippy, reliable - in this year's playoffs he has 0 points, -6 and just 1 hit in the second round (and only 3 blocks and 6 shots in total).

That's very un-Nichol like - I hope he can find some zip because we need guys like him to put forth some momentum-changing shifts.

I know he's not getting much ice time but he also hasn't really been anything other than a guy to make up the numbers so far. His faceoffs in the series are 16-15 which is so-so but if it's not that, what is he adding right now?

On a more general note, I think we need to get physical with Detroit in Game 5. We have size and speed to compete with them. Playing a nice finesse game is all well and good but Detroit seems to rattle easily and take some dumb penalties at times. If we allow them to play their own brand of hockey, they are easily good enough to win 4 in a row.

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote