HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will start in Game X of the Boston series?

Old
05-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Slowbro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcdougall View Post
If you go with Bob in game and he chokes, he might be done for a career. I think you have to start Boosh.
who really cares? if bob is called upon he better be ready and jump the **** in there, confidence low or not. i am so tired of hearing "well he is a rookie and we dont want to ruin his confidence or feelings blah blah" if he can't handle the pressure now, i dont think i want him in next year either.. rookie or not, what would make another low pressure regular season matter if he can't handle the pressure of the playoffs?

(i am not attacking you, your post was just the most relevant to the point i wanted to make)

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 02:09 AM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
who really cares? if bob is called upon he better be ready and jump the **** in there, confidence low or not. i am so tired of hearing "well he is a rookie and we dont want to ruin his confidence or feelings blah blah" if he can't handle the pressure now, i dont think i want him in next year either.. rookie or not, what would make another low pressure regular season matter if he can't handle the pressure of the playoffs?

(i am not attacking you, your post was just the most relevant to the point i wanted to make)
i would argue this is a 20 year old kid who doesnt speak english, and cannot communicate with his team (or anyone). He left home to come play his dream of being in the NHL, and (in his mind) isnt able to cut it in the playoffs, and subsequently has let his entire team down (who were favored to win the cup).

this is a kid who has a lot of emotion, a lot of drive, and a lot of love for his team-mates...its not a bad thing, but it is right now when things arent working out. once they click, i dont think we will ever look back

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 02:44 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Leights

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 04:36 AM
dats81

Start Bobs and let Boosh come from the bench after giving up 3 cause that is when he plays best

There is a reason why the Flyers' goalies have not stolen a single game the whole season, why there was no shutout posted: THEY ARE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Game 1: Boucher

Game 2: Brobovsky

Game 3: Empty Net, six skaters all game

Game 4: The corpse of Kate Smith

Game 5: Neil Little

Game 6: A slightly-damaged ottoman

Game 7: The ottoman steals game 6 and gets another start

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 04:49 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfo View Post
Game 1: Boucher

Game 2: Brobovsky

Game 3: Empty Net, six skaters all game

Game 4: The corpse of Kate Smith

Game 5: Neil Little

Game 6: A slightly-damaged ottoman

Game 7: The ottoman steals game 6 and gets another start
First time I saw a Phantoms game, the game was tied up and then he gave up the winning goal with 2 seconds left in regulation. Just no...

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 05:38 AM
iamcanadian23

If the Bruins are continually allowed to establish that kind of presence in front of the net, and given that many opportunities in close by our defense - Boucher. No sense putting Bobrovsky in to get shelled by these guys, because either of the two goaltenders will be torn apart if the team in front of them plays like they did today.

iamcanadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 09:45 AM
dmcdougall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
BOBs worked all year, i think you're questioning his skill

IMO the only ? with bobs is his confidence, and the only way to get that is with ice time (and success)
I am definitely not questioning his skill. I have a bad feeling about this series in general. The way we played yesterday was horrendous, and if we play like that continually, this will be a short series. I agree, confidence is Bob's issue. So, if he starts game 2, and gives up a couple of quick ones because the team in front of him doesn't play well it seems like he can't distance himself from that and thinks it is his fault. If his confidence is already that fragile, that happening might put an end to his career. That's what I was getting at, nothing against the kids talent.

dmcdougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Swiper the Fox

Coach needs to put Boosh back in
going to bob will show NO confidence in boosh
going back with boosh will show confidence in him, and he will perform outstanding next game ( or least the game 7 against buffalo boosh) will be back

if he collapses this game and they end up losing, it won't much matter who they put in next for games 3 or 4

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 05:30 PM
TimmyVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcanadian23 View Post
If the Bruins are continually allowed to establish that kind of presence in front of the net, and given that many opportunities in close by our defense - Boucher. No sense putting Bobrovsky in to get shelled by these guys, because either of the two goaltenders will be torn apart if the team in front of them plays like they did today.
This^^

This is not the same Bruins team as last year. It's also not the same B's team as last series. The Habs always give the B's a scare. Either Philly steps up to the plate(now 4-1 B's on the season series) or its over quick. The Flyers are too good of a team to let yesterdays score repeat itself. This series should go 6-7.

On a sidenote... the media needs to give a little more respect to the Bruins in this series. The top line and the powerplay do basically nothing last series and they still win. They can talk about the depth of the Flyers all they want. Depth is what got the B's into this round.

TimmyVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 06:08 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcdougall View Post
I am definitely not questioning his skill. I have a bad feeling about this series in general. The way we played yesterday was horrendous, and if we play like that continually, this will be a short series. I agree, confidence is Bob's issue. So, if he starts game 2, and gives up a couple of quick ones because the team in front of him doesn't play well it seems like he can't distance himself from that and thinks it is his fault. If his confidence is already that fragile, that happening might put an end to his career. That's what I was getting at, nothing against the kids talent.
i see...(correct me if im wrong here) so i think our main disagreement is how the teams going to play next game.

I think we are going to come out and storm them in game 2 (which is why i want BOBs to get the free confidence boost)...heres my rationale for why:
1. boston is pretty content with a 1-1 split out of philly
2. we dont want to go to boston down 2-0
3. we are a team that is great at rebounding after bad losses
4. we werent ourselves game 1 (we were to relaxed after outplaying buffalo for game 5, 6, and 7...after getting it done, we took a big exhale)

so i think that we only disagree on how the flyers will come out next game (if its the case they dominate i'd want BOBs in...if they are going to be outmatched, i totally agree that there is no reason to throw BOBs to the wolves and hamper his development)

that said, id be very surprised to see BOBs in net come monday.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:46 PM
hextall shoots

I dont think its Bob being fragile as much as teams have really figured him out. Every other rookie flyer goaltender had no problem playing in the playoffs, without worrying about their "future development"

hextall shoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:12 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I say stick with Boucher. He wasn't that bad, there was some serious defensive lapses out there. If he bungs it up again, then you make a move.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Oil Change

How come Leighton isn't getting any consideration here? You guys beat this team with him last year

Oil Change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:39 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagliano View Post
How come Leighton isn't getting any consideration here? You guys beat this team with him last year
Trouble is that team is quite different than this team.

In all honesty I think Bobrovsky would give the Bruins a lot more trouble than Boucher

that said it really isn't the goal tending in itself that needs to be fixed, tighten up the D and don't leave the netminder hanging out to dry.

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:44 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 11:13 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
I'm definitely giving a lot of consideration to Leighton. None of it, however, is hockey related.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
We have actually given much consideration to Michael Leighton, but it's pretty much all dedicated towards determining just how bad he really is.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote