HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF|Game 2|Washington Capitals vs Tampa Bay Lightning|05.01.11|7pm

Old
05-01-2011, 10:03 PM
ForzaItalia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
I have zero doubt he's on every team's short list if he gets fired.
I would honestly be shocked if he got hired again as a head coach in the NHL. I see him more as an assistant coach.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Knoll View Post
Lou has also had very high character players, at what point do you stop looking for the easy ax on a guy who's done a good job and start wondering if this group of guys is built to win in the postseason. I don't think it's a matter of looking at their top two guys, they are not to be toyed with, and guys like Knuble (whom they miss) are proven. You've got a mix of questionable performance and inexperience to me.

Frankly I'm not sure how anyone can look at the two teams on paper and, in particular, how they each played in round one and say either has a decisive advantage here. It's a very even matchup, I'm still expecting Tampa in seven as I said at the outset of the series.
This is the most veteran presence on the Caps for a while. This is why losing back to home games hurts and makes a lot of us angry. This isn't the 2008 Caps. This is a team with 4 playoff appearances in a row and key areas that were weak, addressed. To, me the experience is there, maybe not like those NJ Cup winning teams, but more so than in the past playoffs. With that said, there is still a series to play, but the time to ponder and sulk is over, it is execution time and make the Lightning punish for every play they make. That means hit hard, finish checks, shoot every chance, and clear the puck out of the defensive zone. The NYR and now the TBL know they can just throw a puck in front and hope for a deflection off another team mate or Capital defender. I think most Cap opponents know that the offensive guns are going to make offensive blueline gamble passes too.

Go Caps!

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
Quote:
Sorry, personnel. On my phone.

I have zero doubt he's on every team's short list if he gets fired.
thats maybe true, its still not a legit reason to keep him, if they lose this series they need a change, he had his chances...didnt work move on.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Capitlols

Id imagine even BB knows he's in deep ****, but his 'we're trying' postgame isn't reassuring.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
He'd be the Leafs' coach by training camp.
Or someone else's.

I've said it before, at some point the players have to be held accountable. Some players on this team have either been invisible or total garbage.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 900
Vinny got us, but we got binny

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:07 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
I would honestly be shocked if he got hired again as a head coach in the NHL. I see him more as an assistant coach.
In his three full seasons, he has the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best records in Caps history. I'm pretty sure every developing team would take a chance on him: EDM, NYI, TOR, ATL, FL etc etc etc etc

05-01-2011, 10:09 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post

no problem with that, losers sign another loser
So a loser is a guy that wins more games than anyone else? Ok genius.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:09 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
I dont think many will argue were more talented that Tampa.. But none of that matters when A) you can't score goals, and B) shots are bouncing in off your own players on a nightly basis..

I give the Lightning credit for their PP goal and the OT winner.. But these **** bounces and us not able to score more than 2 goals a game will be the end of us if we can't do any better than that.. Neuvi's good and all, but he's not a shutdown, only allow 1 goal, guy.. Not yet anyway..
I hate to even say this because I am a Neuvy fan and I think he has played stellar, but maybe try a change in TB with Holtby? Holtby can help clear the puck out of the zone faster acting like a 3rd defenseman with his puckhandling skills. I mean no disrespect to Neuvy, but maybe try it. It really is nice to have the goalie depth we have. Of course trying this would create potential goalie controversy and hurt Neuvy's confidence. Lol, flame away but this is only an idea.

Go Caps!!

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:10 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

On the bright side, we apparently killed Bin Laden.

Old
05-01-2011, 10:10 PM
TampaDude

Well...on the bright side, we finally got Bin Laden...

TampaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:12 PM
desioreo87

Any one who thinks BB is a good HEAD coach doesn't know **** about coaching.

the 24/7 series exhibited his ineptitude completely. All those rants littered with the F word are an example of a coach who doesn't know how to clearly and effectively communicate his ideas to his players.

In contrast, Bylsma or whatever the **** his name his spoke clearly and concisely. His players knew exactly what to do because his messages were sent in no uncertain terms.

Disciplined teams don't ****ing lose Game 2 of a playoff series on a sloppy line change. Thats amateur ********.

The second goal. What the **** was green doing holding his stick waist level when he is responsible for protecting that crease and looking for that centering pass. Had he been ready for that pass he could have stopped it and cleared it. Lucky bounce my ass.

The first goal is an example of a team taking a chance that is presented to them. In the first two games of this series the Bolts have taken every good chance that has come there way while we have squandered guild-edged chances. SC winning teams don't waste opportunities as much as this.

We need a strong-minded coach that demands, commands, and recieves full respect from his players. A coach that gets his players to execute instructions and strategies with totality.

Players liking or not liking a coach has nothing to do with it. Wade Phillips is a players coach and you saw the results.

Also, BB has a loser's mentality if I have ever seen one. Winner's don't make excuses and don't accept reasons like "hot goalie", "bad bounces", "unlucky".

In the playoffs you create your own luck with hard work and determination. No matter how hot a goalie is, if he cannot see the puck he cannot stop the puck.

If we lose this series than he has to go. End of. If we win then he gets a reprieve.

desioreo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:12 PM
ForzaItalia

Quote:
In his three full seasons, he has the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best records in Caps history. I'm pretty sure every developing team would take a chance on him: EDM, NYI, TOR, ATL, FL etc etc etc etc
I could see that scenario but I don't see a "contender" hiring him.

Old
05-01-2011, 10:13 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Anyone that uses the 24/7 series as an indicator of a coach's ability doesn't know **** about coaching.

Old
05-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Capsman

Quote:
I think in general, non-playoff teams have worse coaches, who are least likely to "figure" out incredibly successful systems, especially when several of them end up fired after the season. And that even "figured out", they lack the personal to overpower those teams short of those teams defeating themselves.

Did Blysma also get outcoached last year?

This is pointless, if the Caps go out like *****es this series, he'll get fired, and he should. If they win, he'll be safe, and he should be. He's an above-average coach, and as you said, he'll find another job quickly. It's that simple.
I seriously doubt that. You are implying that the lesser teams are out of the playoffs because they have a lesser coach and the Caps are in because of Boudreau? You have absolutely no basis to say he is an above average coach outside of his regular season record. I would argue that his regular season record is where it should be with the talent. But it has always been plainly obvious watching this team that they would fail in the playoffs, and not because of lack of personnel. I didn't care about our record this season as long as we got in the playoffs. What perturbed me was the quality of play, which I didn't believe translated well to the playoffs. You were all giddy with a run of 2-1 wins, I was not. In fact, I said 2-1 is great at times, but I want to see more 3-2 and 4-3 wins. We won't be able to go through the playoffs holding every team to one goal.

Early in the season I was ridiculed by folks like you for saying that teams adjusted. They were flowing like amoeba to our guys (overloading), banking on us not moving the puck well enough to exploit it. "Oh, our stars will come around" you responded. Then you essentially started saying that our stars now are no good. Then you made it out to be all part of a master plan, that you have to have bad offense to play good defense. I kept saying don't pin this all on a system change, you can play defense and competent offensive hockey; it's doable. This "defensive responsibility" crap by Boudreau is a cop out. To expect no mistakes and 1-0 or 2-1 wins EVERY GAME is unrealistic, and to blame game 1 on a lack of defense shows that the man is looking for excuses. Once again, OFFENSE IS LOSING THE GAMES.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:14 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

There's a certain irony in anyone who would claim Blysma is a great coach and BB is an idiot when, if the Caps lose to the Lightning, the same team would have eliminated the Caps and Pens two years in a row.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:16 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaDude View Post
Well...on the bright side, we finally got Bin Laden...
damn interrupted my royal wedding fix

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
I hate to even say this because I am a Neuvy fan and I think he has played stellar, but maybe try a change in TB with Holtby? Holtby can help clear the puck out of the zone faster acting like a 3rd defenseman with his puckhandling skills. I mean no disrespect to Neuvy, but maybe try it. It really is nice to have the goalie depth we have. Of course trying this would create potential goalie controversy and hurt Neuvy's confidence. Lol, flame away but this is only an idea.

Go Caps!!
In a word, no. Neuvy is fine, and our problems are unrelated.

Old
05-01-2011, 10:17 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
There's a certain irony in anyone who would claim Blysma is a great coach and BB is an idiot when, if the Caps lose to the Lightning, the same team would have eliminated the Caps and Pens two years in a row.
i forgot did the caps eliminate the pens when the pens eliminated the caps? oh wait they won this stanley cup thing

Old
05-01-2011, 10:18 PM
ForzaItalia

How about the Caps score first for a change.

Old
05-01-2011, 10:19 PM
desioreo87

Quote:
Bylsma won a cup did he not?

Even if he is not a great coach he understands how to win.

BB is not an idiot. But he is also not a winner.

There is no irony at all. Pens almost won without their 2 best players but if we lost Ovie and Semin we would end up being swept.

desioreo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
TRASHCAT

and seriously if the bolts eliminate us in less than 7 games. Well blysma kinda has an excuse whats bruces?

Old
05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Blysma won a Stanley Cup, and Blysma's decimated team looks like they may win more games than us. Blysma's team actually was able to pepper Roloson with shots IN THE 3RD PERIOD. We have laid an egg each 3rd period.

No comparison, Blysma is a much better coach.

Old
05-01-2011, 10:21 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

A much better coach who blew a 3 games to 1 lead. Yeah huh, yeah huh yeah huh.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
How about the Caps score for a change.
I fixed your statement for you.