HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF|Game 2|Washington Capitals vs Tampa Bay Lightning|05.01.11|7pm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
  #126
ColincampbellOscopy
Registered User
 
ColincampbellOscopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
The lack of organization, discipline and composure is, once again, a result of their blustery HC.

Backstrom and Ovechkin=terrible.

Outclassed by a club with strong leadership at the "C", Coach, and GM.

Series. Over.
Saving this one. Super LOL. Bylsma couldn't score against this PK either and he's a better coach than 3 Scotty Bowmans put together, how did Jethro from Beverly Hills even stand a chance?

Turn out the lights boys

ColincampbellOscopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
  #127
IvanMalison
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
The lack of organization, discipline and composure is, once again, a result of their blustery HC.

Backstrom and Ovechkin=terrible.

Outclassed by a club with strong leadership at the "C", Coach, and GM.

Series. Over.
This is ridiculous. Its 1-0 in the first intermission. I'm going to remember this post if the caps win this game. I'm not saying they will, but to say they have no chance after they carried play in the first is ridiculous.

IvanMalison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
  #128
Capsman
Registered User
 
Capsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Someone once asked me how San Jose's coaching change was going. I think it was after last season's playoff exit. Wish I could bump the thread.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
  #129
Harvey Specter
Boooooone
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oxford-Malmö-Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
The lack of organization, discipline and composure is, once again, a result of their blustery HC.

Backstrom and Ovechkin=terrible.

Outclassed by a club with strong leadership at the "C", Coach, and GM.

Series. Over.
Backstrom hasn't been terrible. The Russians have, along with Green who's useless at both ends right now.

The best player in this series and for most of the playoffs has consistenly been 90. That's both positive for him but worrying for the rest of the team. He should be somewhere around the Caps' 5th or 6th best skater.

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
  #130
Burgh32
Registered User
 
Burgh32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: S.J
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 500
At what point did the caps switch from an aggressive pk to a passive one? The four pkers were collapsed so far down the bolts had all sorts of room to set up the one timer by Vinny. Being aggressive is what made this pk successful in the regular season why change now?

Burgh32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
  #131
Blades of steel
log off.
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: richmond, va
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 613
how about the series is over when we lose 4 games, oh how I hope the caps wake up and win this thing, so all the nay sayers can eat crow, but then again they usually hide in the shadows till there is something else to cry about, only to say I toold you so.

Blades of steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
  #132
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,667
vCash: 500
The Caps aren't being beaten by the ZOMG CUP CHAMPIONS! They're being beaten by themselves. Once again. Same ****, different year.

The talent levels out and the team with the better Coach and leaders wins.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:56 PM
  #133
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgh32 View Post
At what point did the caps switch from an aggressive pk to a passive one? The four pkers were collapsed so far down the bolts had all sorts of room to set up the one timer by Vinny. Being aggressive is what made this pk successful in the regular season why change now?
I don't think it's intentional. They're just playing rattled.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:56 PM
  #134
tycoonheart
Registered User
 
tycoonheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColincampbellOscopy View Post
Saving this one. Super LOL. Bylsma couldn't score against this PK either and he's a better coach than 3 Scotty Bowmans put together, how did Jethro from Beverly Hills even stand a chance?

Turn out the lights boys
Bylsma's team, sans their two superstars, gave the Bolts all they could handle. Us, with all our superstars present, have done squat against TB so far.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
  #135
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Ovenchicken View Post
Backstrom hasn't been terrible. The Russians have, along with Green who's useless at both ends right now.

The best player in this series and for most of the playoffs has consistenly been 90. That's both positive for him but worrying for the rest of the team. He should be somewhere around the Caps' 5th or 6th best skater.
You're right about 90. Wrong about Backstrom. 1 pt in 7 games, a - player? This is supposed to be their 100 pt C.

He's either hurt or just another bloated contract victim.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
  #136
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,703
vCash: 1300
was that a screen? They almost scored from the slot before that. Their special teams are great. Its like a clinic.

Again, next time we get a PP, run rolo and go 4 on 4. Screw special teams.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:58 PM
  #137
sunnydaycrash
Registered User
 
sunnydaycrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
We`re 4 periods in....agreed the Caps don`t look good thus far but it`s far from over.
If the Pens can take the Bolts to 7 this stacked Caps team better fare better.
If they don`t, well changes will happen.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
  #138
pman25
Registered User
 
pman25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Man, you all some pessimistic people. Caps got this, chillax.

pman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
  #139
tycoonheart
Registered User
 
tycoonheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
We`re 4 periods in....agreed the Caps don`t look good thus far but it`s far from over.
If the Pens can take the Bolts to 7 this stacked Caps team better fare better.
If they don`t, well changes will happen.
Sorry dude, Bylsma is miles better than Bruce.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
  #140
sunnydaycrash
Registered User
 
sunnydaycrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
You're right about 90. Wrong about Backstrom. 1 pt in 7 games, a - player? This is supposed to be their 100 pt C.

He's either hurt or just another bloated contract victim.
He`s either hurt or off.....you don`t just suck all of a sudden....well you better not cos that is one long effin contract.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
  #141
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 15,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
There is some hope in the 2nd PP unit.
The what?

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
  #142
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
The Caps aren't being beaten by the ZOMG CUP CHAMPIONS! They're being beaten by themselves. Once again. Same ****, different year.

The talent levels out and the team with the better Coach and leaders wins.
Yeah, I think some of you guys are giving to much credit to Tampa their not playing thay well, just finishing their chances. Right now the caps aren't creating much in the offensive zone namely Backstrom/Ovie.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
  #143
Oldskool
Registered User
 
Oldskool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Don't mind the trio in this thread, they're like this every single game in which the Capitals lose/losing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanMalison View Post
This is ridiculous. Its 1-0 in the first intermission. I'm going to remember this post if the caps win this game. I'm not saying they will, but to say they have no chance after they carried play in the first is ridiculous.

Oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
  #144
Mickstix
Registered User
 
Mickstix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 523
vCash: 500
Anyone know a STH at the game they can text?? "Must start chant: Ovi Off The Point" anytime were on the PP.. Somehow, BB's forgotten we solved that puzzle months ago.. It's like he's too caught up in personell line shuffling and cant remember this PP scenario sucked?

Mickstix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
  #145
Atlas
Registered User
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 3,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
was that a screen? They almost scored from the slot before that. Their special teams are great. Its like a clinic.

Again, next time we get a PP, run rolo and go 4 on 4. Screw special teams.

LOL

Send out The RollDozers!

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:02 PM
  #146
Oldskool
Registered User
 
Oldskool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Didn't he break his finger toward the end of the season? Maybe it's still bothering him. But then again, Backstrom has been playing like this the entire season so there goes that theory.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
He`s either hurt or off.....you don`t just suck all of a sudden....well you better not cos that is one long effin contract.

Oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:02 PM
  #147
Capsman
Registered User
 
Capsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanMalison View Post
This is ridiculous. Its 1-0 in the first intermission. I'm going to remember this post if the caps win this game. I'm not saying they will, but to say they have no chance after they carried play in the first is ridiculous.
Carried play? TB toyed with us. They gave us low risk shots because they knew we were incapable of moving the puck well enough to get better looks and they trust Roloson. In probably the last 8 games I've seen a tick tack toe play maybe once, and that was in game 5 against the Rags. We are a team loaded with individual talent that plays like 18 guys reading a different playbook. And Bruce, who is incapable of coaching that type of quick puck moving hockey, has banked his career on creating a team that will win 2-1 or 1-0 all the way through the SC finals.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:03 PM
  #148
ColincampbellOscopy
Registered User
 
ColincampbellOscopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Bylsma's team, sans their two superstars, gave the Bolts all they could handle. Us, with all our superstars present, have done squat against TB so far.
4 periods, eh. Disco's boys also choked away a 3-1 lead FYI. They didn't really put up a fight towards the end there, so...um, things can change. If you really think they're done though, you'd practice what you preach, cut the tv off and tap out until next year, but you won't. Relax, hey? At least wait til they're dead before you bury them.

ColincampbellOscopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:03 PM
  #149
Ovys Missing Tooth
Registered User
 
Ovys Missing Tooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Holy Christ you people are bunch of damn nancies! Sack the F up, we're winning this game!

PS: If we lose this game, which we won't, but if we do, am i gonna cry that we've lost the Series. No I'm ******* not. Know when that'll happen? When the M-F'ing Washington Capitals lose 4 damn games in 1 damn series. Sack up ya buncha nancies.

Ovys Missing Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:03 PM
  #150
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,703
vCash: 1300
Did ovi run his stick across Ohlunds throat deliberately?

Nice sell job by Ohlund guaranteed it didnt get missed.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.