HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF: Game 3 - Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators - May 3 - 6:00PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
WCSF: Game 3 - Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators - May 3 - 6:00PM PST - CBC

Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators

Series tied 1-1

WHEN: Tuesday, May 3rd, 6:00PM PST
WHERE: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
TV: CBC, VS, RDS
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Samuelsson
Raymond - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Torres - Glass - Oreskovich

Bieksa - Hamhuis
Edler - Ehrhoff
Rome - Ballard

Luongo

Nashville Predators' Starting Lineup:
Kostitsyn - Fisher - Hornqvist
Ward - Legwand - Erat
Tootoo - Smithson - Spaling
Sullivan - Geoffrion - Halischuk

Weber - Suter
Klein - Blum
Franson - O'Brien

Rinne

Game Notes:
- Vancouver D Sami Salo is day-to-day (lower body injury), but will travel with the team to Nashville.
- Injured Vancouver F Manny Malhotra is travelling with the team to Nashville, but is still out for the remainder of the season.

The Last Meeting:

Off to Nashville! Let's roll, Canucks!

Last edited by Mr. Canucklehead: 05-01-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old
05-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

vCash: 500
Glad the team is getting some rest

Old
05-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Toblerone
RIP Hickstead

Agree that the 2 day rest should be helpful. Much like the Preds came out with a much better effort last night, I expect the same from the Canucks in game 3. Scoring more than 1 goal could go along way as well

I say Canucks win 3-1.

Old
05-01-2011, 02:40 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I'm feeling pessimistic about this game. Nashville is very, very good at home and our offense just isn't there. Our secondary scoring is decent, but our primary scoring has let us down.

I'm saying 2-0 Nashville.

05-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

I feel the opposite, Pauser. Nashville came out with a better effort last night, to be sure, but the Canucks had the lion's share of the quality scoring chances, especially in OT. Luongo seems to be back on form and our defense is holding up its end for the most part, and there's only so long that our top players will miss chances like that for.

I think the Twins finally hit the score sheet in Game 3, with the rest helping Henrik in particular.

I am wondering, however, if Samuelsson should be sat in favour of Tambellini or Hodgson at this point. Clearly injured and playing like garbage as a result.

Old
05-01-2011, 02:48 PM
EskemoJoe

Sedins looked good in OT, with a couple of days to rest and think about their under achievement they should come out guns blazing.

4-0 nucks

Danny pots one

The hits will be atleast 3 to 1 in our favor in the first 20minutes

Old
05-01-2011, 02:50 PM
The Big Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
I'm feeling pessimistic about this game. Nashville is very, very good at home and our offense just isn't there. Our secondary scoring is decent, but our primary scoring has let us down.

I'm saying 2-0 Nashville.
Are you ever optimistic?

Old
05-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Meganuck*

Farhan's Twitter:

Quote:
Gillis didn't talk at aiport today. Gillman, "last time was too expensive". #Canucks
I'd have to agree. I'm still curious as to how they didnt call that crosscheck by Erat on Hansen.

Canucks need to do the same thing the Preds are. Bump Rinne over and over. Even after the whistle.

Old
05-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I feel the opposite, Pauser. Nashville came out with a better effort last night, to be sure, but the Canucks had the lion's share of the quality scoring chances, especially in OT. Luongo seems to be back on form and our defense is holding up its end for the most part, and there's only so long that our top players will miss chances like that for.

I think the Twins finally hit the score sheet in Game 3, with the rest helping Henrik in particular.

I am wondering, however, if Samuelsson should be sat in favour of Tambellini or Hodgson at this point. Clearly injured and playing like garbage as a result.
I agree with this. I didn't see a lot of urgency in the Canucks game until Nashville scored late in the 3rd, then they really started to generate chances and looked much better. I think they will continue to roll and get chances. If they work as hard as they did in the OT it's only a matter of time before they are rewarded.

I also think Samuelsson needs to be sat. We have fresh, healthy young legs ready to go. I don't think AV will make any major changes though.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Once we beat Rinne, we'll beat Nashville.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Bleach Clean

Lol, Pauser, don't be pessimistic, it rattles some posters. Can't have that!

For this game, I'm expecting more conversion. Extra day to look at tape and have Melanson break down Rinne. Hopefully AV adjust systems to take advantage.

Van generated more than Nas in game 2, but they just need to tweek their attempts slightly and the puck should start going in for them.

Edit: Agree with Canucklehead's assessment.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Lol, Pauser, don't be pessimistic, it rattles some posters. Can't have that!

For this game, I'm expecting more conversion. Extra day to look at tape and have Melanson break down Rinne. Hopefully AV adjust systems to take advantage.

Van generated more than Nas in game 2, but they just need to tweek their attempts slightly and the puck should start going in for them.
IMO, they need to try and generate more shots from the points and crash the net. We had 3 measly shots from our defense in game 2. Lots of low hard shots with a strong net presence should reap some rewards.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
IMO, they need to try and generate more shots from the points and crash the net. We had 3 measly shots from our defense in game 2. Lots of low hard shots with a strong net presence should reap some rewards.

Yes, agreed. This strategy impedes Rinne's vision, and gets Nashville's forwards start to play the points more aggressively. It should open up the down low play a bit.

Also, I like what Colorado used to do when they played Van. They had a lot of plays coming out of the corner, behind the net, that would just get the puck moving across the front of the net. Like, a low cross-crease pass akin to a PP formation. This allows for confusion, and for Canuck players to hack and whack at the puck in front of the net. In an optimum situation, where the D breaks down, Rinne is moving side to side to prevent the one-timer, which opens up his stance significantly.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
I have no idea why Glass is in the line up, he brings nothing to this team

Old
05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
AvantiCanada*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
I have no idea why Glass is in the line up, he brings nothing to this team
He's an average fourth line grinder, not much more, not much less.

I don't see anyone knocking at the door to take his spot.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

I don't know why, but I think bringing Malholtra along is going to really spur the Canucks on to play well. They brought Malholtra into the dressing room for Game 7 when it had been reported that he hadn't really been around the team much.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Canucks take both games in all honesty. We won both games that we played there earlier this year.

Last edited by Uhmkay: 05-01-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old
05-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Once we beat Rinne, we'll beat Nashville.
I agree. I'm actually fairly optimistic about this series.

The sedins are invisible we we NEARLY went 2-0 on them. Did anyone else notice as soon as the sedins/samuelsson put on the pressure in OT, Suter / Weber no longer took care of the Kesler line. What we need is 2 lines aggressively getting opportunities and this 1 trick pony defense line is in trouble.

Sedins and samuelsson need to have a full 60 minute effort in addition to Kes / Burr / Raymond and we'll be overwhelming them too much.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Nazzy-19

i like our chances if we can score more than 1 goal

Old
05-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Moore Money

play Hodgson please. Glass clearly cannot play center and we need another center.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:50 PM
thecupismine

If the Sedins can figure out a way to get going, we got this series. If they don't, then...the two teams seem to match up a lot more evenly. Those two players are the key to winning this series, if they can light it up for even one or two games I'm quite confident in the team's odds. If they continue playing like they have for the last 6, well...we might have an issue on our hands. I will admit that Henrik does look hurt, but still, unless he's just dieing out there he should be producing more than he is right now. Plays off the rush for the two are critical to their success and its been absent IMO (Samuelsson hasn't helped in that regard); without it, the two are in 2006-2007 mode which isn't effective enough come playoff time. I still have faith in the two, as their entire careers have seemed to be based on proving everyone wrong, but they have to start producing soon.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:52 PM
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?

I think this is the breakout game for a number of struggling Canucks:

Raymond
Kesler
Samuelsson (if he's in the line-up)
Henrik
Hamhuis

I think 3 - 4 of those guys will find the back of the net as we win going away 5 - 1.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:56 PM
McLlwain
Trevor Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
I don't know why, but I think bringing Malholtra along is going to really spur the Canucks on to play well. They brought Malholtra into the dressing room for Game 7 when it had been reported that he hadn't really been around the team much.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Canucks take both games in all honesty. We won both games that we played their earlier this year.
Nope, we won one and we lost one.

That said, I don't think home ice will be that big an advantage for the Preds. Last change isn't an issue that much and as loud as their crowd may be, it'll never ever match the hostility the Canucks faced at the United Center.

I'm calling two Sedin goals, another Burrows marker and one by Hansen on a Lapierre set up. Yes, that's 4 goals for Vancouver on Rinne. You heard it here first.

Old
05-01-2011, 03:58 PM
McLlwain
Trevor Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrishriekandgo View Post
I think this is the breakout game for a number of struggling Canucks:

Raymond
Kesler
Samuelsson (if he's in the line-up)
Henrik
Hamhuis

I think 3 - 4 of those guys will find the back of the net as we win going away 5 - 1.
Wow, and I thought I made a bold prediction!

Old
05-01-2011, 04:04 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Another tight one. I think we see a better game from the Nucks though. 3-1 victory, Lapierre, Henrik and Kesler with the EN. Ward for the Preds. Both goalies play well.

Old
05-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Crows*

Sedins have 3 points in their last 6 games.

The canucks are 2-4 in their last 6 games.

If they don't get going, the canucks season will be over very soon.

Closed Thread