HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF: Game 3 - Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators - May 3 - 6:00PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChill View Post
I really feel that tonight is the night for those chances to start becoming goals. I say that the final will be 4-1 Canucks. Kesler/DSedin/Higgins/Bieksa for the goals.
Man are you in for a big disappointment.....

Old
05-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
I have a feeling the Twins will hit the scoresheet in Game 3. Anyone know when the last time they were held pointless for more than three consecutive games was, by chance?

Old
05-02-2011, 12:16 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Did anyone see Sportsnet this morning? It showed a throng of at least ten people greeting the Preds, from inches away, as they returned to Nashville. I can't IMAGINE what would happen if Canucks fans had that degree of access. If we could greet the team on the tarmac at Vancouver International, Aaron Rome would go missing.

Old
05-02-2011, 12:37 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm tired of giving goalies all this credit, when the Canucks have to step up and do better on their chances. I don't think its a coincidence that Crawford played the best hockey of his career, and now Rinne is suddenly lights out after he was poor last series.

Old
05-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

The green men are heading to Nashville

Old
05-02-2011, 01:10 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I have a feeling the Twins will hit the scoresheet in Game 3. Anyone know when the last time they were held pointless for more than three consecutive games was, by chance?
February 2010: Daniel vs. Ottawa, Boston, Tampa and Florida, Henrik vs. Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, Tampa. So there was some slight overlap.

05-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

^So more than a year ago. Granted Nashville is one of the best defensive teams in the league, but I'm confident in the Twins' ability to fight through this.

Old
05-02-2011, 01:18 PM
VanEric

A lot of the chances missed in the last two games are more mental. Once they get one, I could see a lot of those same chances being buried. When you're having trouble scoring, you revert to "just get it on net" instead taking that extra half second to pick a spot. That's what happened on a number of the chances especially Bieksa's and Henrik's where Rinne sprawled across.

Old
05-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
A lot of the chances missed in the last two games are more mental. Once they get one, I could see a lot of those same chances being buried. When you're having trouble scoring, you revert to "just get it on net" instead taking that extra half second to pick a spot. That's what happened on a number of the chances especially Bieksa's and Henrik's where Rinne sprawled across.
I agree. I thought there was a danger after game 1 of the Canucks over-planning for Rinne. They need to play their usual offense and only shoot on high quality opportunities (like they normally do). Take the extra second, make the extra pass. That's what will beat Rinne. Shooting from all angles is just going to feed his confidence.

Old
05-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Totally agreed; there was a lot of 'shooting into the goaltender' going on in Game 2...have to bury some of those open nets.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Kid_Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
Did anyone see Sportsnet this morning? It showed a throng of at least ten people greeting the Preds, from inches away, as they returned to Nashville. I can't IMAGINE what would happen if Canucks fans had that degree of access. If we could greet the team on the tarmac at Vancouver International, Aaron Rome would go missing.
Sadly, Aaron Rome goes missing from defence all the time, nobody would notice for weeks.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:06 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Interesting lines at practise:

Lines at Practice: Sedins-Burrows. Higgins-Kesler-Raymond. Torres-Lapierre-Hansen. Glass-Hodgson-Samuelsson.

via Canucks official twitter.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Crows*

New lines at practice.

Sedins-Burrows. Higgins-Kesler-Raymond. Torres-Lapierre-Hansen. Glass-Hodgson-Samuelsson.

I like it. Yes burr playing well with Kesler, but getting the twins going is priority 1.

Go back to what won you the game last time in Nashville.

Twins took over the 3rd.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
Good moves if they stick. Hopefully Samuelsson is off the point for Edler on the power play.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Kid_Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Interesting lines at practise:

Lines at Practice: Sedins-Burrows. Higgins-Kesler-Raymond. Torres-Lapierre-Hansen. Glass-Hodgson-Samuelsson.

via Canucks official twitter.

I give those lines 1 period to perform before Kes is put back with Burrows.

Samulesson getting the 4th line treatment is probably as close to scratching him as we'll get, so I will have to wait to see if Tambo ever gets a shot in Glass' place.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
I give those lines 1 period to perform before Kes is put back with Burrows.

Samulesson getting the 4th line treatment is probably as close to scratching him as we'll get, so I will have to wait to see if Tambo ever gets a shot in Glass' place.
Not enough jam in that line-up without Glass, though Tambellini and Hodgson with a half-dead Samuelsson on right wing sounds like a set-up to Weekend at Bernie's 3.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Is there any objective reason to play Glass instead of Oreskovich? Granted it isn't likely to make a big difference either way but I think VO has been doing a better job overall of forechecking and providing energy. Glass has just looked lost.

I guess he can PK, but honestly there are a half-dozen other players I'd prefer to see PKing over Glass in the first place.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Moobles

Big win tonight. Canucks'll be rested enough and have a small crowd cheering against the Preds crowd all game.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:27 PM
wholesickcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Good moves if they stick. Hopefully Samuelsson is off the point for Edler on the power play.
He is. Samuelsson now on the second unit with Bieksa.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moobles View Post
Big win tonight. Canucks'll be rested enough and have a small crowd cheering against the Preds crowd all game.
Tomorrow night. Tonight we get Boston vs. Philly, round 2.

Edit: Weird that we'll have two right handed shots on the point for the second unit.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Dado

vCash:
Nashville is a surprising loud building. No idea what to expect from this game. Hoping for a positive outcome, do not want to have to come from behind on this opponent!

Old
05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
topheavyhookjaw

I like these line changes, in this series they need a chance to score with every line. Goals are hard to come by, and in Hodgson and Sammy there are two guys there who with an opportunity could bury one, even in only 8-10 minutes a night.

Old
05-02-2011, 02:44 PM
dingdong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Ricky View Post
Not enough jam in that line-up without Glass, though Tambellini and Hodgson with a half-dead Samuelsson on right wing sounds like a set-up to Weekend at Bernie's 3.
LOL!

Old
05-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Good to see Hodgson draw back in, although I would have sat Glass over Oreskovich. I don't think Glass has looked as effective since he experienced his injury, ditto for Samuelsson. Wondering if this is Samuelsson's last box before "healthy" scratch status follows.

Old
05-02-2011, 03:12 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Good to see Hodgson draw back in, although I would have sat Glass over Oreskovich. I don't think Glass has looked as effective since he experienced his injury, ditto for Samuelsson. Wondering if this is Samuelsson's last box before "healthy" scratch status follows.
It has to be, he's been a black hole on every line he's played on in these playoffs.

Closed Thread