HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

David Desharnais

Old
05-03-2011, 02:17 PM
hab4life

vCash: 500
Could be time to layoff on the stigma that young guys cannot play for JM. Eller, DD, Subban, Price, White, & MaxP had pretty good years IMO.

I have no idea why some suggest it is an either/or situation with DD and Eller. DD is an RFA who will not be making too much money on his next contract. Guys like this are a must in a cap world. We have 17 expiring contracts, the GM would be dumb to let a guy like DD go, he has shown the ability to perform in hockey’s toughest market, something that is not easy to find. What we need to do is replace the guys like Pouliot, Pyatt and Darche with Bigger players with skill to insulate our smaller skilled guys.

hab4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab4life View Post
Could be time to layoff on the stigma that young guys cannot play for JM. Eller, DD, Subban, Price, White, & MaxP had pretty good years IMO.

I have no idea why some suggest it is an either/or situation with DD and Eller. DD is an RFA who will not be making too much money on his next contract. Guys like this are a must in a cap world. We have 17 expiring contracts, the GM would be dumb to let a guy like DD go, he has shown the ability to perform in hockey’s toughest market, something that is not easy to find. What we need to do is replace the guys like Pouliot, Pyatt and Darche with Bigger players with skill to insulate our smaller skilled guys.
I think Darche is a very good fit for the team we have, he has size and will use it to go to the net, he doesn't make a lot and is a very good team player/example for young players. Unless he's looking for a huge contract, to me he should be a no brainer to bring back.

Pouliot I'm not sure how much patience JM and PG have left for him. He has skill but quite one dimensional and tends to be too high risk for JM.

Pyatt, I don't see him moving because JM likes him, but I could see some scenarios where we would replace him with a bigger/tougher role player or an enforcer.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 03:51 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Darche is a very good fit for the team we have, he has size and will use it to go to the net, he doesn't make a lot and is a very good team player/example for young players. Unless he's looking for a huge contract, to me he should be a no brainer to bring back.

Pouliot I'm not sure how much patience JM and PG have left for him. He has skill but quite one dimensional and tends to be too high risk for JM.

Pyatt, I don't see him moving because JM likes him, but I could see some scenarios where we would replace him with a bigger/tougher role player or an enforcer.
I agree, I think a 3rd line of DD, Eller and Darche would be very solid.

But we need bigger more talented players in our Top 2 lines... Laich is definitely on the radar and I hope PG will make a strong offer to Richards's camp.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 03:57 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Gotta disagree on AK, what they need to do with him is give him some consistent linemates and see how he can fare over an entire year, think about this year, he was playing great then they put him with Gomez, he never really fully recovered.

They should try playing DD on the wing with Eller on a revamped 3rd line next year, I believe they should bring back Pouliot as well, try him out on that line.

I am indifferent as to whether Darche comes back or not, he is a fine league minimum (or close to there) player, but I am not going to be upset if he isn't back. He probably will be though, maybe a 2 year 1.2 million deal would be something to look into there.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 05:05 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Gotta disagree on AK, what they need to do with him is give him some consistent linemates and see how he can fare over an entire year, think about this year, he was playing great then they put him with Gomez, he never really fully recovered.

They should try playing DD on the wing with Eller on a revamped 3rd line next year, I believe they should bring back Pouliot as well, try him out on that line.

I am indifferent as to whether Darche comes back or not, he is a fine league minimum (or close to there) player, but I am not going to be upset if he isn't back. He probably will be though, maybe a 2 year 1.2 million deal would be something to look into there.
I'd like to see AK with Eller. Get Pleks a UFA winger.

Cammy Pleks ?(Upshall, Dupuis, Hejduk)
Pacioretty Gomez Gionta>>>> Gomez should rebound hopefully
AK Eller DDH
Moen Rupp White/Darche

Trade Pouliot with our 1st rounder to move up and grab Zibenijad if he's not taken and we can find a team willing to trade.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post

AK Eller DDH
Moen Rupp White/Darche

Trade Pouliot with our 1st rounder to move up and grab Zibenijad if he's not taken and we can find a team willing to trade.
I think we could trade him to the Avalanche along with Weber and our 1rst to get him. Is it an overpayment ? Yes . Is it worth it ? Absolutely.

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I think we could trade him to the Avalanche along with Weber and our 1rst to get him. Is it an overpayment ? Yes . Is it worth it ? Absolutely.
What's so impressive about this kid? That seems like a big payment...as much as I like Swedes with size.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Maxpac

Quote:

AK Eller DDH
Moen Rupp White/Darche

Somebody who gets it. Of all the small players we have i can't believe some want to trade the one who has by far the highest potential. At 24 years old he is still learning the NHL game just like St. Louis did, and for now did not look out of place against Boston in the playoffs. He's the kind of small we should surround with big guys, not get rid of imo.

By the way, the one i would give a hard look at to play with Plekanec and Cammy is Andrew Ladd. I know Upshall and Laich are both UFA aswell but Ladd has the better skillset between the 3.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:00 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
The only coaching experience he has is in the Q. If there was one person i would bring back it would be Jaques Demers. No one else.
Agreed. Off topic and ridiculous. Love Roy always will, IN NET. Otherwise, I laugh.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 12:59 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Somebody who gets it. Of all the small players we have i can't believe some want to trade the one who has by far the highest potential. At 24 years old he is still learning the NHL game just like St. Louis did, and for now did not look out of place against Boston in the playoffs. He's the kind of small we should surround with big guys, not get rid of imo.

By the way, the one i would give a hard look at to play with Plekanec and Cammy is Andrew Ladd. I know Upshall and Laich are both UFA aswell but Ladd has the better skillset between the 3.
I didn't know Ladd was a FA. He would be perfect for Cammy and Pleks as he can grind it out near the boards. Adding Ladd and Rupp would bring some much needed size and physicality. We'd have four good lines, not league leading but solid.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I didn't know Ladd was a FA. He would be perfect for Cammy and Pleks as he can grind it out near the boards. Adding Ladd and Rupp would bring some much needed size and physicality. We'd have four good lines, not league leading but solid.
Ladd is a RFA not UFA and they are trying to re sign him. If he wants too much they may try and move him...I would definitely make some calls and see what he would cost and what he is looking for contract wise. He makes a nice piece to the top 6. At 29-30-59 he's probably looking for around 5-5.5 mil for 4-5 years.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote