HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF | GAME 2 | Sharks vs Red Wings | Sharks win 2-1 | Series 2-0

Old
05-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Mhoogasian94123

vCash: 500
I just saw the snow shower by Jumbo in the 3rd. Good God. Howard is such a wimp. It's freaking ice. Is he the wicked witch of the Mid-West? I wish SJ Sharkie could be in the rafters and dump a bunch of packaging peanuts on him. To have him looking around and then find Sharkie uptop would be hilarious. Howard would be waving his stick in the air and Sharkie would be laughing at him. That would be something that would be on blooper films forever.

Mhoogasian94123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
If they make it to game 7 I might have to bring you and leave my wife at home. She's like 0-7 lifetime when I bring her.
Keep her out of the HP for the rest of the playoffs!!!!

Mhoogasian94123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

As hard as it may be after an pathetic effort like this kudos to you guys, this is a very mean and serious Sharks team. Sad we couldn't keep up till minute 55 but that was cleary tooooo little and way to late. Todd has done an excellent job.

If you win tomorrow we might be done and you may become the cap favorites this year.

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:35 PM
stalockrox

I just got home from the game and I haven't read through the GDT or this one, but if the "snow showers" are the main topic of conversation after two game between the Wings and the Sharks....I really don't know what to say!

I was highly entertained by the face off debacle and the icing "I'm sorry I don't know who's supposed to be on the ice" time out. The Sharks were the better team today, period.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:35 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglepride View Post
As hard as it may be after an pathetic effort like this kudos to you guys, this is a very mean and serious Sharks team. Sad we couldn't keep up till minute 55 but that was cleary tooooo little and way to late. Todd has done an excellent job.

If you win tomorrow we might be done and you may become the cap favorites this year.
Game 3 is Wednesday, but your points are well taken.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:36 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Anyone see the similiarity between this series and Sharks/Hawks last year (through the first two games)?

Last year the Sharks were very well rested, Hawks had a few days, Hawks win first two, both relatively tight games that the Sharks could have won.

This year the Wings were very well rested, Sharks had a few days, Sharks win the first two, both very tight games that the Wings could have won.

Just saying, maybe too much rest is a bad thing...

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:55 PM
AngeLinTeal
Tealcat

I knew eventually Wall-e would at least make some contribution.....I never doubted him..

AngeLinTeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 08:56 PM
KzooShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
If they keep it up, they'll get an unsportsmanlike eventually, for sure. Hopefully they tone it down a little, but I like the sass, backed up by the rowdy Sharks fans chanting his name.

Serves Howard right though. I doubt the Sharks would be going out of their way to bug him if he hadn't been such a baby about the first shower by Pavs in game 1.
They'll get something on one of their first two times doing it. Even if there's no official push to get them to cut it out from the league, the crowd threatening death by blunt force Octopus to the head after a 1st time no call will force some sort of call (2 or 10, not sure) on the second.

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
I'm gonna chalk up Marleau to being hurt until I hear otherwise. His play is beneath even his worst bad games.
I agree. He doesn't seem to be moving a top speed, and he seems to be avoiding a lot of contact. It sure seems like he was injured towards the end of the season.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 09:21 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 0
What I love about this game is that every single D-man played well, with the exception of a couple of plays by Demers. Murray was a monster. Wallin was surprisingly physical and mobile. Vlasic had some great poke-checks. Boyle was tenacious. White was determined. And Demers was opportunistic. Hope they all keep it up.

The top forwards in that game IMO were Thornton, Heatley, and Wellwood. Wellwood legitimately had some Datsyuk-like moments, Joe played with such intensity, and Heater was all over the place. I was impressed with all of them.

Patty needs to get his ass in gear. He's hindering Joe and Seto, who had an excellent game. Patty had that one pass to Seto that was great, and he's still playing well on the PK, but he's really off.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 09:38 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post

I had to as well, Markus
Awesome. Is this something that could become an avatar??

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 09:45 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Pavelski has been great all playoffs. even when hes not scoring, hes making smart plays and playing great defense.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 09:47 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
I agree. He doesn't seem to be moving a top speed, and he seems to be avoiding a lot of contact. It sure seems like he was injured towards the end of the season.
I agree on the speed, I disagree on the physicality. Marleau has been finishing a lot of checks lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
Patty needs to get his ass in gear. He's hindering Joe and Seto, who had an excellent game. Patty had that one pass to Seto that was great, and he's still playing well on the PK, but he's really off.
I disagree. Setoguchi is still the weakest link on that line. He provides some forecheck, but that is pretty much it. He kills the cycle set up by Thornton and Marleau with his poor boardwork and constant blind passes into guarded areas.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
For Moo:

You, sir, are a Photoshop God!

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 09:57 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
Goodbye, Mr. Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Awesome. Is this something that could become an avatar??
How's this?

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
slocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:02 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Just got back from the game... WOW crowd was awesome, and it was sweet seeing such an exciting game live.

A few comments:
-Sharks absolutely were the better team today
-Niemi played fantastic
-This was one of Wallin's best playoff game (even if he didn't score)
-Eager probably should never play again, so many penalties we might as well have been playing 7 D tonight.

On a side note, I was sitting next to this really annoying red wing fan who would yell "Go Wings!" at the worst times -_-

For instance Wellwood would takeaway the puck from a wing and she would be like "GO WINGS!!!" So annoying...

I also don't think she knew any of the Wing player names as she was referring to them by their # and she didn't have any Red Wing clothing on. People like her give real wing fans a bad name.

So happy I made it out to this game. Oh, and the sharks are 5-0 when I post kpop songs in the GDT ^_^

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Markus
Registered Lurker

Quote:

I had to as well, Markus
I'd be offended if you didn't...

Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Through 8 playoff games, he is playing exactly the same way he did in the Sharks' first 8 games in last year's playoffs. He was absolutely useless against Colorado and not particularly good in Games 1-2 against Detroit. It was the OT goal in Game 3 of that series that turned his playoffs around. Let's hope a similar situation arises.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:24 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:
How's this?

Excellent!

Old
05-01-2011, 10:38 PM
ilikebigjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Through 8 playoff games, he is playing exactly the same way he did in the Sharks' first 8 games in last year's playoffs. He was absolutely useless against Colorado and not particularly good in Games 1-2 against Detroit. It was the OT goal in Game 3 of that series that turned his playoffs around. Let's hope a similar situation arises.
bang on. well played.

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:43 PM
sharkbite3
Custom boozer title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglepride View Post

Hey, appreciate the kindness. I was on the Sharks official facebook page during the game and wow I felt my blood pressure shoot through the roof. Some fans are just ridiculous. Trololololo...

Can't wait for the next two games. I hope we don't flop at JLA. Ride the momentum and keep showering Howard.

Markus, that snow shower gif is hilarious! Love it.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 10:51 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Oh, forgot to ask. During that one icing where there was a huge delay what were the announcers saying was the "reason?" I was surprised refs fell for that much delay after an icing. Was ridiculous.

Usually you see one guy break his stick or a goalie adjust his mask but it seemed like the whole team had a problem and guys were trying to sneak off the bench? Was so annoyed/confused.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 11:04 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Oh, forgot to ask. During that one icing where there was a huge delay what were the announcers saying was the "reason?" I was surprised refs fell for that much delay after an icing. Was ridiculous.

Usually you see one guy break his stick or a goalie adjust his mask but it seemed like the whole team had a problem and guys were trying to sneak off the bench? Was so annoyed/confused.
Yeah, I'd like to know what this was all about, too.

Old
05-01-2011, 11:05 PM
WedgeAntilles*

Quote:
His skating on the empty net breakaway looked like me with a hernia...

WedgeAntilles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post

Filppula got off and Datsyuk got on before the puck was iced. The referees thought Datsyuk was on so they made him go back out. They checked the review and saw that Babcock was right and Filppula should have been on, so they switched him back. One of the wings also went off with a skate issue, but made it back before the puck drop, lol.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote