HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #2: Bruins @ Flyers - Monday, May 2, 2011 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
  #351
JonnyGaloshes
Registered User
 
JonnyGaloshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Philadelphia
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Dear Bruins,

If you find yourself on another breakaway against Boucher, just take a wrist shot from the blue line. He won't save it.

JonnyGaloshes is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
  #352
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox
 
Chicken Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. James's Gate
Country: Jersey
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Yeah he's the best defenseman on the ice tonight isn't he?
No, that would be Chara... but after him yes he is.

Chicken Chaser is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:27 PM
  #353
santapore
Registered User
 
santapore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 132
vCash: 50
shotscore... why cant you find anything good in that period..just crying like a baby about timonen.in every game i notice that always you whining and whining. do you really even like hockey?

santapore is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:27 PM
  #354
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
When did I say he's having a great game? You blame him for absolutely everything and it's getting tiring.
He sucks a** tonight.

Don't make excuses for him.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
  #355
Mike2000z28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philly, now montreal
Posts: 842
vCash: 500
Its retarded that even if our defense is off just a bit, its almost a goal in our end. Most games are razor thin tight, except ours. Sure we got away with things in the buffalo series, but not this one and we are playing much worse against a better team. First 10 mins, and 2 goals later the guys said ok, we can slow down now, bam its tied. No killer instinct and the teamplay better improved the second period because if it doesn't Boston will capitalize on it fairly quickly with our goaltending.

Mike2000z28 is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
  #356
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Versteeg is just trying to piss Krejci off.

mm6492 is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
  #357
46zone
Guttersnipe
 
46zone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
When did I say he's having a great game? You blame him for absolutely everything and it's getting tiring.
He's just trying to get reactions and it's working because his comments get more and more absurd.

46zone is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
  #358
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox
 
Chicken Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. James's Gate
Country: Jersey
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
true enough, as much as I don't always agree with what that poster says, he can at least make some valid points once in a while and get the other Carter apologists to bite on his jeers.

Chicken Chaser is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
  #359
BklyNBruiN
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BklyNBruiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BKLYN N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Question

Hello everyone I come in peace.. Is there any reason why Sergei Bobrovski is not starting? I dont understand cuz he is a very good goalie.

BklyNBruiN is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
  #360
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by santapore View Post
shotscore... why cant you find anything good in that period..just crying like a baby about timonen.in every game i notice that always you whining and whining. do you really even like hockey?
Well let's see....the bruins got a breakaway because he likes to shoot directly into goalies.

He gets beat to the puck on a play he had no business getting beat on.

He's on the ice for one of the goals the bruins scored on us.

But yeah, after Chara he's the best defenseman on the ice tonight.:f acepalm::f acepalm:

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:30 PM
  #361
Mike2000z28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philly, now montreal
Posts: 842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
Hello everyone I come in peace.. Is there any reason why Sergei Bobrovski is not starting? I dont understand cuz he is a very good goalie.
He is probably our best goalie, but he had a mental breakdown and hasn't been good lately, besides it would 3-2 right now since he hasn't saved a breakaway in god knows how long.

Mike2000z28 is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:32 PM
  #362
Chainsaw
Registered User
 
Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Time for Timmo to get packing

Chainsaw is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:33 PM
  #363
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,292
vCash: 50
Blame Hartnell for that 2nd goal. What a ****ing doofus.

flyersfan018 is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:34 PM
  #364
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,491
vCash: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
Hello everyone I come in peace.. Is there any reason why Sergei Bobrovski is not starting? I dont understand cuz he is a very good goalie.
He had issues of mental fatigue early in the Buffalo series some of which was based on the amount of time he played during the course of the season.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
  #365
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Well let's see....the bruins got a breakaway because he likes to shoot directly into goalies.

He gets beat to the puck on a play he had no business getting beat on.

He's on the ice for one of the goals the bruins scored on us.

But yeah, after Chara he's the best defenseman on the ice tonight.:f acepalm::f acepalm:
Sorry man you're right. It's so easy to score on the guy who just posted the best save percentage in the history of the NHL, especially when he cuts down the angle like a mother****er. What was Timonen thinking letting it get saved?

Edit: Also, because he was on the ice for a goal against it is his fault. Why? Because he is Timonen! Disregard the fact that the shot was from the top of the circle and no dman has any reason to be there. Boosh isn't at fault for letting an unscreened weakass wrister in either.

And I hear he got beat to a puck!?! That never happens to anybody but Timonen!

JVR21 is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
  #366
Mike2000z28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Philly, now montreal
Posts: 842
vCash: 500
yeah he hasn't looked good lately. Im noticing his mistakes more and more. We might not be able to overcome Pronger and Carter being out, plus this team just isn't playing like a team enough to string any consistency together. It was like this going into the playoffs and they still haven't picked it up.

Mike2000z28 is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
  #367
Ychocky
Registered User
 
Ychocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
The 2nd goal was purely nobody taking any notice of the puck in the corner.

A coachable play.

Need to get more pucks in behind the B's D.

Ychocky is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:38 PM
  #368
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,171
vCash: 500
Just got in and I'm more pissed I missed God bless America than the 4 goals!

How was it?? Is there any video of it? Sorry haven't searched, figured I'd come straight to the source.
Cheers

Wondercarrot is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:39 PM
  #369
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Just got in and I'm more pissed I missed God bless America than the 4 goals!

How was it?? Is there any video of it? Sorry haven't searched, figured I'd come straight to the source.
Cheers
It was just like any other but with a USA chant afterwards.

JVR21 is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:39 PM
  #370
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,491
vCash: 1503
The rendition of God Bless America was placed in post #345.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:39 PM
  #371
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Just got in and I'm more pissed I missed God bless America than the 4 goals!

How was it?? Is there any video of it? Sorry haven't searched, figured I'd come straight to the source.
Cheers
Lauren hit a pretty bad note at the end.

ChumpyG is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:40 PM
  #372
RoyMunson
Registered User
 
RoyMunson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Wait, so Thomas can stop unscreened wrist shots from the point? Oh, you say you're supposed to suspect that out of an NHL goalie? . ****.
sadly waterboy should be an AHL goalie.

RoyMunson is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
  #373
skoods
Registered User
 
skoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Just got in and I'm more pissed I missed God bless America than the 4 goals!

How was it?? Is there any video of it? Sorry haven't searched, figured I'd come straight to the source.
Cheers
There's a youtube of it a page back. It was the same as usual...had the color guard and everything.

skoods is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
  #374
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
Aaaand we look awful.

zarley zelepukin is offline  
Old
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
  #375
habfaninvictoria
Registered User
 
habfaninvictoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Hi Flyer fans, I want to wish you well against these D-Bags. I like the Flyers and their fan base. You've got a couple players I'm not particularly fond of but... would love on my team. I thought we had these guys but in the end we couldn't overcome the size difference and the amount of injuries.

Good luck, and please, for the love of god would someone please rearrange Marchands face.

habfaninvictoria is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.