HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bin Laden is Dead!!!

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2011, 10:49 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

vCash: 500
Bin Laden is Dead!!!

Sorry I feel that this deserves its own thread, but OSAMA Bin Laden is dead. This is big news for not only the united states but the entire world
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/wo...er=rss&emc=rss

Last edited by CentreKeeper12: 05-02-2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: I forgot the link
Old
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBlood1 View Post
Sorry I feel that this deserves its own thread, but OSAMA Bin Laden is dead. This is big news for not only the united states but the entire world
He is died some years...

Old
05-01-2011, 11:03 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Skraut, post the parade route! We can USE it for something!

Mods- Please don't merge this. This is awesome. Props to TigerBlood for creative use of the tag.

Old
05-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Renion

I'm not seeing a link. How can I find out if Osama is really dead without a link?

Old
05-01-2011, 11:21 PM
CBJCougar

Winning!

Old
05-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Matt Foley
Meh

Old
05-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter

This is a great day.

Old
05-01-2011, 11:58 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Obama for GM!

Old
05-02-2011, 12:02 AM
MightyMatt

I bet he wishes his iPhone could track him Anyways great day for America but our work is not done

Old
05-02-2011, 01:18 AM

Here's a video I took from Mirror Lake if you guys want to see some locals get patriotic:

U-S-A!

By the way, Mirror Lake is trending worldwide on Twitter. I just find that extremely awesome. Glad the people of Columbus can be so loud in such a good way. What a good day/night to be in the US.

Old
05-02-2011, 05:25 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Here's a video I took from Mirror Lake if you guys want to see some locals get patriotic:

U-S-A!

By the way, Mirror Lake is trending worldwide on Twitter. I just find that extremely awesome. Glad the people of Columbus can be so loud in such a good way. What a good day/night to be in the US.
Did that just happen? Or is that an old clip?

Old
05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Pluckfur

Old
05-02-2011, 06:53 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I love it this quote:

Quote:
The New York Times said bin Laden's body was taken to Afghanistan and then buried at sea.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...74107920110502

the map of Afganistan and Pakistan:

so he was killed in Pakistan /where sea is/ and than he was taken to Afganistan so that he could buried at sea despite of Afganistan does not have sea. it would be good if they would say right and not lies.

Old
05-02-2011, 07:39 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I love it this quote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...74107920110502

the map of Afganistan and Pakistan:

so he was killed in Pakistan /where sea is/ and than he was taken to Afganistan so that he could buried at sea despite of Afganistan does not have sea. it would be good if they would say right and not lies.
Most likely the body was taken to afghanistan to conduct the DNA tests/comparisons on a Military base. He was most likely then dumped afterwards

Great news, troubling that that you hear how close he was actually to a Pakistani Military outpost and how close he was to Islamabad, which is Pakistan's capital.
I'm glad they got this *******, finally.

Old
05-02-2011, 07:52 AM
blahblah

Good news, I guess.

What is this 3-3 heading into OT?

This will probably end up being nothing more then emblematic. It's nice to have some closure, but beyond that I'm sure there will another that will step in.

I've already said too much on a hockey board...

Old
05-02-2011, 07:58 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Update:

And the Red Things LOST yesterday too.
Coincidence? I think not.

Old
05-02-2011, 08:01 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Most likely the body was taken to afghanistan to conduct the DNA tests/comparisons on a Military base. He was most likely then dumped afterwards

Great news, troubling that that you hear how close he was actually to a Pakistani Military outpost and how close he was to Islamabad, which is Pakistan's capital.
I'm glad they got this *******, finally.
So, they took it to Afganistan and then again back to sea through the most Pakistan? Could not destroy his body another way?

Or it is something similar as Husain catching in "December" when there were plants on the pictures who do not flower in this time in Iraq.

I do not have heartache over laden but I want to know right.

Old
05-02-2011, 08:06 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
So, they took it to Afganistan and then again back to sea through the most Pakistan? Could not destroy his body another way?

Or it is something similar as Husain catching in "December" when there were plants on the pictures who do not flower in this time in Iraq.

I do not have heartache over laden but I want to know right.
My guess is this is so there is no outrage over "desicretion" of a body, and it rules out his grave becoming a site of rallying by terrorists. Also, Muslim law states bodies should be buried within 24 hours...

Basically, the US made sure they gave this monster's body repect, even if it didn't deserve it.

Last edited by KeithBWhittington: 05-02-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old
05-02-2011, 08:09 AM
blahblah

Quote:
You see, we have these little things that fly in the air and transport people. Dead or alive. You take the dead body back to base for identification and then you fly his body to a military vessel (most likely) so you can give him a funeral consistent to his faith.

I am sure the US did not want to be on Pakistani soil any longer then necessary. Shoot, transport bodies back to base. I wouldn't want to be in Afghanistan, but I really wouldn't want to be in Pakistan.

Not seeing anything odd here.

Old
05-02-2011, 08:12 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
My guess is this is so there is no outrage over "desicretion" of a body, and it rules out his grave becoming a site of rallying by terrorists.
They can destroy it. It is shocked for me to risk down shot. IMO it is fake. Bin Laden is died some years but elections are in the corner... .

Old
05-02-2011, 08:16 AM
blahblah

Quote:
They can destroy it. It is shocked for me to risk down shot. IMO it is fake. Bin Laden is died some years but elections are in the corner... .
And here I thought that most of the US political conspiracy theorists were located in the States.

I'm no fan of Obama, but I have no reason to doubt this to this point. If you "fake" this and you are caught, well more then your political future is at stake. Impeachment would be in play and I wouldn't be surprised if a jail sentence was in the works.

Too many people that can talk if it's a hoax.

Old
05-02-2011, 08:22 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
And here I thought that most of the US political conspiracy theorists were located in the States.

I'm no fan of Obama, but I have no reason to doubt this to this point. If you "fake" this and you are caught, well more then your political future is at stake. Impeachment would be in play and I wouldn't be surprised if a jail sentence was in the works.

Too many people that can talk if it's a hoax.
They say us that Husain was catched in December but these plants who are on the picture do not flower in December but in May. They wrote Bin Laden was killed some years ago. So, where is right?

Old
05-02-2011, 08:37 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
So, where is right?
Who knows. Just stick to hockey talk, we have enough trouble with that.

I have no doubt the guy is dead, nor do I think it's anything more than symbolic revenge. There's no end in sight to the overall conflict between the Western world and radical fundamentalism of all stripes.

Old
05-02-2011, 08:42 AM
blahblah

Quote:
They say us that Husain was catched in December but these plants who are on the picture do not flower in December but in May. They wrote Bin Laden was killed some years ago. So, where is right?
And which "they" are you talking about?

I admit I am not actively seeking information on conspiracy theories for dead terrorists. I'm still trying to grasp how we have people that think we haven't landed on the moon.

Is the government capable of making up hoaxes? Sure. Make up one heading into election season? Oh yes. Making up one that would damage the Democratic party for decades to come to re-elect a president that no longer resonates at the same level with the hard left? I'll leave that to smarter people in politics, but it doesn't seem smart.

I don't trust most governments, however in this case I'm not sure I care all that much. I care more about domestic fiscal policy, foreign trade policies at this point, or Libya. This doesn't make me any more or less likely to vote for President Obama. That's to say it hasn't raised or lowered from the 10% chance now.

Old
05-02-2011, 08:44 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
And which "they" are you talking about?

I admit I am not actively seeking information on conspiracy theories for dead terrorists. I'm still trying to grasp how we have people that think we haven't landed on the moon.

Is the government capable of making up hoaxes? Sure. Make up one heading into election season? Oh yes. Making up one that would damage the Democratic party for decades to come to re-elect a president that no longer resonates at the same level with the hard left? I'll leave that to smarter people in politics, but it doesn't seem smart.

I don't trust most governments, however in this case I'm not sure I care all that much. I care more about domestic fiscal policy and foreign trade policies at this point.
US Army

Closed Thread