HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Bin Laden is Dead!!!

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2011, 08:53 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
US Army
Sure don't remember the US Army tell me that Bin Laden was dead years ago, unless we had some false information a few years back. I know we've been looking for him.

Franky I don't care about your flowers and when they bloom, so I'm too bored to even bother looking. Saddam was captured, then executed assuming I remember things correctly. Not sure where the conspiracy is there and how it involves flowers.

Old
05-02-2011, 08:55 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Sure don't remember the US Army tell me that Bin Laden was dead years ago, unless we had some false information a few years back. I know we've been looking for him.

Franky I don't care about your flowers and when they bloom, so I'm too bored to even bother looking. Saddam was captured, then executed assuming I remember things correctly. Not sure where the conspiracy is there and how it involves flowers.
There were US Army soldiers on the picture with Husain. I wrote about it. Plus we can read in the news that Bin Laden was killed some years ago.

And when I saw the picture of dead Bin Laden... did they use Photoshop?

Simply I do not believe any politics and similar!

Old
05-02-2011, 09:02 AM
blahblah

Quote:
There were US Army soldiers on the picture with Husain. I wrote about it. Plus we can read in the news that Bin Laden was killed some years ago.

And when I saw the picture of dead Bin Laden... did they use Photoshop?
Yeah, I'm way to bored to entertain photoshop questions. As I said we have been looking actively for Bin Laden, so I have no idea what you are talking about there. If there were false reports, they've been put to bed a long time ago.

We aren't going to to be able to examine the body personally or run the DNA tests ourselves. So we have to either believe or not believe the reports. There will never be true confirmation unless we find him 10 years from now.

I might get away from by boredom long enough to look at this "evidence" you have on Sadam. However, at this point I'm not sure if you think some other sucker got executed in his stead or not.

Frankly I'll save my conspiracy theory energy for something that makes sense from a nation security perspective and not a conspiracy theory based on risking US lives to help get a president re-elected.

Last edited by blahblah: 05-02-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old
05-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Mostly cloudy? ****

Old
05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Here's a video I took from Mirror Lake if you guys want to see some locals get patriotic:

U-S-A!

By the way, Mirror Lake is trending worldwide on Twitter. I just find that extremely awesome. Glad the people of Columbus can be so loud in such a good way. What a good day/night to be in the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
Did that just happen? Or is that an old clip?
Yea it happened last night. It was great

Last edited by CentreKeeper12: 05-02-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old
05-02-2011, 09:40 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Yeah, I'm way to bored to entertain photoshop questions. As I said we have been looking actively for Bin Laden, so I have no idea what you are talking about there. If there were false reports, they've been put to bed a long time ago.

We aren't going to to be able to examine the body personally or run the DNA tests ourselves. So we have to either believe or not believe the reports. There will never be true confirmation unless we find him 10 years from now.

I might get away from by boredom long enough to look at this "evidence" you have on Sadam. However, at this point I'm not sure if you think some other sucker got executed in his stead or not.

Frankly I'll save my conspiracy theory energy for something that makes sense from a nation security perspective and not a conspiracy theory based on risking US lives to help get a president re-elected.
Look, I am glad if we is died but I only want to know right but politics do not know this word.
And Husain? I claim he was catched in December but earlier. Plants do not lie it is not conspiracy.

Old
05-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

HF has a politics board. You want to talk conspiracies or politics, head over there. You want to post vids of (for example) the celebration at Mirror Lake or post celebratory thoughts or remembrances of those lost on 9/11, this is the place.

Your mods would like this thread to remain open. Thanks.

Old
05-02-2011, 10:02 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

I think I just saw that the dna tests have confirmed it...

Old
05-02-2011, 10:08 AM
blahblah

Quote:
I claim he was catched in December but earlier. Plants do not lie it is not conspiracy.
Who cares.

Old
05-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Monk

Going out and partying in celebration of his death seems a little strange to me.

Old
05-02-2011, 10:38 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Some peculiar things happened Sunday morning that made me suspicious something was going down. I never would have guessed this in a million years.. good stuff.

Old
05-02-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
Did that just happen? Or is that an old clip?
Happened around 12:30 AM, May 2, 2011.

Old
05-02-2011, 10:41 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Going out and partying in celebration of his death seems a little strange to me.
It definitely seems like something that the fanatics that hate us would do. Celebrating a death of a hated enemy. I have no problem being happy about this development, but open street celebrations seem over the top.

A candlelight vigil at ground zero = good.

A flag waving, singing, flash-mob outside the white house = bad.

This should allow everyone in this country to have a moment of relief, if the threat level goes up, so be it, but this is a development that shouldn't be plastered on a campaign poster. Over the course of 3 U.S. Presidents, a threat to this countries peace is now no more. Everyone on both sides of the aisle should be on the same side when it comes to this.

Old
05-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
It definitely seems like something that the fanatics that hate us would do. I have no problem being happy about this development, but open street celebrations seem over the top.

My feelings exactly.

Old
05-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Ludicrous Speed

You can look at it two ways: the celebrations are a symbol of unity, however there is a small taste of irony. I'm just happy that we're one step closer to getting the troops back and getting out of this cluster****. Even if that's a ways away, Osama's death would have had to have happened at some point for things to get going.

I've been very anti-war in the past, and some things that have happened over the past 10 years have made me start to lose faith in this country. But whether you support the war(s) or are against them, I think this is a victory.

Old
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Hipster Letestu

Good read on the SEAL team that took down the compound:

National Journal

Old
05-02-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
It definitely seems like something that the fanatics that hate us would do. Celebrating a death of a hated enemy. I have no problem being happy about this development, but open street celebrations seem over the top.

This should allow everyone in this country to have a moment of relief, if the threat level goes up, so be it, but this is a development that shouldn't be plastered on a campaign poster. Over the course of 3 U.S. Presidents, a threat to this countries peace is now no more. Everyone on both sides of the aisle should be on the same side when it comes to this.
Why is waving flags and singing the National Anthem at a time when we should feel a great sense of patriotism a bad thing?

As far as students go, there generally aren't many ideal places to gather and support each other on campuses at 11:30 on a Sunday night. Mirror Lake was the most logical place. Thousands went their instead of bars. It wasn't an excuse to party - everyone would've went to bars for that. The face of terrorism and fear for many people in the US, especially those in college right now, died. They're going to be happy and want to come together and celebrate the fact that we're still united.

Old
05-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Why is waving flags and singing the National Anthem at a time when we should feel a great sense of patriotism a bad thing?

As far as students go, there generally aren't many ideal places to gather and support each other on campuses at 11:30 on a Sunday night. Mirror Lake was the most logical place. Thousands went their instead of bars. It wasn't an excuse to party - everyone would've went to bars for that. The face of terrorism and fear for many people in the US, especially those in college right now, died. They're going to be happy and want to come together and celebrate the fact that we're still united.
Because I think it will be perceived very differently by many around the world. It's not inherently bad, it just looks bad. I know it's not an excuse to party, I just think that partying is the wrong response -- reflection is much more appropriate.

I live on a college campus, too. Much of the chanting and screaming I heard wasn't of the positive, "Go America!" variety. In other words, the impression I got was that we were celebrating a death, not celebrating our own unity, and that bothered me.

Old
05-02-2011, 12:41 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Because I think it will be perceived very differently by many around the world.
Anything we do is going to look bad to the rest of the world. Not losing any sleep over their impressions. I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about us.

As the (declining) world super power, it comes with the territory. As soon as China is the world power for a couple of decades, I'm sure certain parts of the world will start to look back fondly of the glory days of the US as the world power. Just wait until you have a disaster and look to China to come to your aid. And that's a peaceful scenario. Just wait until you have China trying to play peacekeeper. Or, possibly worse, the UN as a global governance.

Old
05-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Monk

Quote:
I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about us.

Welp, there ya go. I guess it doesn't matter if you don't care.

Old
05-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Just wait until you have China trying to play peacekeeper.
I just don't like us sticking our fingers into everything that happens around the world. (not EVERYTHING. you know what I mean).

China already has everyone owing them money, and they make just about anything you see at the store. One might call your scenario an inevitability, not that I'm alright with it or anything.

Old
05-02-2011, 12:55 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Welp, there ya go. I guess it doesn't matter if you don't care.
The rest of what I said explains it. I don't care because caring won't matter. Every action we have is going to have someone pissed at us, so there is no point in losing sleep over it. I'm not going to entertain a group of people that riot and kill innocents because we burned their holy book.

I'm not going to change my religious beliefs to make radical (or even some mainstream) Islam happy with me. I'm not going to support Sharia law within the US borders. Even if I did both, other parts of the world would be upset with me.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 05-02-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old
05-02-2011, 12:59 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I just don't like us sticking our fingers into everything that happens around the world.
I don't like it either as it illustrated by my post below your response. We don't need and shouldn't have 900+ bases around the world. Nation building should be an international crime (over the top, but I'm that tired of it).

All I'm illustrating is that the alternative could be worse for the world.

Quote:
China already has everyone owing them money, and they make just about anything you see at the store. One might call your scenario an inevitability, not that I'm alright with it or anything.
Much like we bought up a lot of other nations dept around WW1.

Old
05-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Monk

I care about things even if it achieves nothing. Not really sure why I would base what I care about on how much it matters, whatever that means. It's not like I cried myself to sleep last night, all I'm saying is I didn't like it so I didn't participate.

Old
05-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
China is still a third world country by many standards. I wouldn't worry to much about them being the new world power in our lifetimes.

Closed Thread