HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ramo signing a 2 years contract in the KHL

Old
05-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Ramo signing a 2 years contract in the KHL

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...amo-omsk.shtml

Quote:
Selon les informations obtenues par Radio-Canada Sports, Ramo paraphera d'ici les prochains jours un pacte de deux ans avec l'Avangard d'Omsk. Il s'agira de l'un des plus lucratifs contrats pour un gardien de la Ligue continentale russe (KHL).
Quote:
« Nous avons parlé de cette réalité Kari et moi et c'était évident qu'il ne voulait pas se contenter d'un rôle mineur dans la LNH, a précisé Gandler. Price est l'homme du Canadien pour plusieurs saisons. »
Quote:
« Je peux simplement vous dire qu'il a signé pour plus du double de son salaire de l'an dernier et pour deux saisons. C'est vraiment un très bon contrat pour lui. »

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Can we put a veto and get Desjardins back?

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Damn Omsk, they literally bought out his aspirations of being a NHL goalie.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 10:29 AM
pine

Money > everything

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 10:29 AM

Ramo was and remains an organizational asset, obviously, with Price in the fold...he was never going to be more than a back-up. But it doesn't mean another team won't be interested in him at some point, especially if he keeps up his play in the KHL.

Ramo has more value than Desjardins...

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Ramo was and remains an organizational asset, obviously, with Price in the fold...he was never going to be more than a back-up. But it doesn't mean another team won't be interested in him at some point, especially if he keeps up his play in the KHL.

Unbelievable. Desjardins helped his team get two NHL wins this season. Ramo did squat for the Habs.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:

I don't see how we're going to be able to trade him with his new contract

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 10:48 AM
alexstream

Are we the organisation which is the most affected by KHL?

-Ramo
-Perezhogin
-Korneev
-Emelin

only 4, but 4 excellent players.

and we traded Valetenko to give that headache to someone else.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post

-Ramo
-Perezhogin
-Korneev
-Emelin

Actually Valentenko decided to come back after we dealt his rights and is making somewhat of a name for himself. http://theahl.com/valentenko-a-prime...locker-p170815

Old
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post

-Ramo
-Perezhogin
-Korneev
-Emelin

Well ... he was in the AHL this season.

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
Unbelievable. Desjardins helped his team get two NHL wins this season. Ramo did squat for the Habs.
Desjardins was recalled in an emergency status...I don't think the Bolts have any long term plans for him as a starter, nor should they.

Not sure why you're so concerned with Cédric Desjardins...who cares???

Old
05-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Desjardins was recalled in an emergency status...I don't think the Bolts have any long term plans for him as a starter, nor should they
I'm also pretty sure that since he didn't appear in enough NHL games he'll be an UFA July 1st.

Old
05-02-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
I don't see how we're going to be able to trade him with his new contract
Well he's signing his new deal because he doesn't have an opportunity to be a #1 guy in Montreal. Maybe another NHL team manifest its interest in Ramo next summer or the one after if he keeps up his stellar play there.

He's an asset if nothing else...

Old
05-02-2011, 11:04 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

well ****
that trade worked out well hahah

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Actually Valentenko decided to come back after we dealt his rights and is making somewhat of a name for himself. http://theahl.com/valentenko-a-prime...locker-p170815
I can still recall that guy diving head first in front of a point blank slapshot with just over a minute left in a game the Dogs had a 4 goal lead. His helmet broke and he missed a few games. But as a teammate you'd probably love that kind of commitment. That dude isn't afraid of blocking any shot.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Andy

I've never seen such an insignificant trade blown out of proportion by the couple of posts I've seen in this thread. If I wasn't a habs fan and didn't have knowledge of Desjardins you'd think we've traded a superstar.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Didn't really expect him to come over, since he wanted to be a #1 goaltender. Best of luck in the KHL, Ramo.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Desjardins was recalled in an emergency status...I don't think the Bolts have any long term plans for him as a starter, nor should they.

Not sure why you're so concerned with Cédric Desjardins...who cares???
We didn't care, THANK GOD, we were able to get McIntyre. 'Cause for our AHL team, it's not what we have that would permit our youngsters to have the kind of playoffs they're having.

I don't like it based on the fact that Ramo isn't coming here to help us, but mainly because he's one less bargaining chip for us with the kind of season he had. I don't get the "I don't want to play a minor role"....and what if we trade you to Philly? 'Cause the contract offer was on the table now? Well it prooves that his interest was not THAT big.

You just wish we'd be on the winning end of something like this. You trade Desjardins for Ramo, you hear Ramo wants to come back....and doesn't. You include Valentenko in a trade 'cause he has no interest of coming here so he's traded and then....he comes. Kinda of frustrating really. And for whoever thinks Valentenko is not a big deal, well we'll wait and see. Strangely, Timmins, the guy we love and adore has already mentioned that Valentenko was a better Emelin...an Emelin we're waiting to see if he can save us...Let's hope that Gauthier turn things around and we'll see Emelin here....He needs to close the sale at one point. If we can't get Korneev, we need to get an Emelin here.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We didn't care, THANK GOD, we were able to get McIntyre. 'Cause for our AHL team, it's not what we have that would permit our youngsters to have the kind of playoffs they're having.
I don't like it based on the fact that Ramo isn't coming here to help us, but mainly because he's one less bargaining chip for us with the kind of season he had. I don't get the "I don't want to play a minor role"....and what if we trade you to Philly? 'Cause the contract offer was on the table now? Well it prooves that his interest was not THAT big.

You just wish we'd be on the winning end of something like this. You trade Desjardins for Ramo, you hear Ramo wants to come back....and doesn't. You include Valentenko in a trade 'cause he has no interest of coming here so he's traded and then....he comes. Kinda of frustrating really. And for whoever thinks Valentenko is not a big deal, well we'll wait and see. Strangely, Timmins, the guy we love and adore has already mentioned that Valentenko was a better Emelin...an Emelin we're waiting to see if he can save us...Let's hope that Gauthier turn things around and we'll see Emelin here....He needs to close the sale at one point. If we can't get Korneev, we need to get an Emelin here.
Come on WS...only reason Habs needed to make a move for McIntyre was because of Sanford's injury.

And Curtis Sanford is much better than Cedrick Desjardins....

Again, i just think it's foolish to keep anguishing over this trade because I don't think the organization had/has any plans for either of Cedrick Desjardins OR Karri Ramo to be a major part of this organizations future, however, I do think Karri Ramo is a better asset for the Montreal Canadiens than Desjardins is/will be.

Old
05-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I've never seen such an insignificant trade blown out of proportion by the couple of posts I've seen in this thread. If I wasn't a habs fan and didn't have knowledge of Desjardins you'd think we've traded a superstar.
Insignificant? Maybe based on the role he could be able to play. Yet, if we take it as the player value itself, chances are I'd have more confidence in giving Desjardins 15 games than Auld.....So it might not be seen AS insignificant if the end it means that you are so unsure of your #2, that you have to used Price the way he was used this year and make him more tired than you'd wish he'd be.

So let's hope we find somebody else than Auld next year. Yes, there are other Desjardins in this league. Thing is, I followed this guy a lot and believes in him to at least be a pretty good #2. And to me, we didn't have 1 this year. At least, the org., didn't believe in him.

I remember, when he was part of our organization, that Desjardins was seen pretty highly. Then, came the trade and suddenly Cédric became overrated. But the majority of posters who were for the trade were mainly mentioning that the trade was not THAT bad based on the fact that Ramo WAS the best goalie....AND he had the intention of coming. Well......if we believe Price was ALWAYS be our goalie, and that Ramo doesn't seem to think that a trade would make him more valuable for another team in the NHL, well Ramo being a better goalie AND wanting to come here becomes irrelevant.

Not the end of the world...but people needs to be consequent.

Quote:
Come on WS...only reason Habs needed to make a move for McIntyre was because of Sanford's injury.

And Curtis Sanford is much better than Cedrick Desjardins....

Again, i just think it's foolish to keep anguishing over this trade because I don't think the organization had/has any plans for either of Cedrick Desjardins OR Karri Ramo to be a major part of this organizations future, however, I do think Karri Ramo is a better asset for the Montreal Canadiens than Desjardins is/will be.
Yes...and? Sanford keeps being injured lately, so how can you count on him to be a goalie then? Do you believe they won't let him go at the end of the year? If so, if he'd be THAT good and if they'd be THAT positive he'd be able to be this franchise #3 goalie, they'd sign him. I don't believe they will.

Based on numbers on his last 2 years, the gap is not THAT big between Sanford and Desjardins. Yes, Desjardins struggled in his last playoffs at some point, but overall it's not THAT big and they ended up playing the same number of games.

Nobody is anguishing over anything, we hear the news that Ramo isn't coming, we're closing the subject. But I really hope we found a #2 for our team next year....And we need to keep McIntyre 'cause I would not be confortable with coming back with Sanford and his injuries...

Old
05-02-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Insignificant? Maybe based on the role he could be able to play. Yet, if we take it as the player value itself, chances are I'd have more confidence in giving Desjardins 15 games than Auld.....So it might not be seen AS insignificant if the end it means that you are so unsure of your #2, that you have to used Price the way he was used this year and make him more tired than you'd wish he'd be.

So let's hope we find somebody else than Auld next year. Yes, there are other Desjardins in this league. Thing is, I followed this guy a lot and believes in him to at least be a pretty good #2. And to me, we didn't have 1 this year. At least, the org., didn't believe in him.

I remember, when he was part of our organization, that Desjardins was seen pretty highly. Then, came the trade and suddenly Cédric became overrated. But the majority of posters who were for the trade were mainly mentioning that the trade was not THAT bad based on the fact that Ramo WAS the best goalie....AND he had the intention of coming. Well......if we believe Price was ALWAYS be our goalie, and that Ramo doesn't seem to think that a trade would make him more valuable for another team in the NHL, well Ramo being a better goalie AND wanting to come here becomes irrelevant.

Not the end of the world...but people needs to be consequent.
Really? Alex Auld has over 200 games of NHL experience and played his role of backup perfectly this year. If you think the Habs overused Carey Price this year because they didn't trust Alex Auld, then you might of seen Carey Price start ALL 82 games this year had Cedric Desjardins been the backup.

I think you underestimate what a veteran goalie can bring to the table as a back up for Price. Not sure Desjardins would of been able to provide the same guidance and shoulder to lean on that Auld did.

With Alex Auld, the roles were clearly defined for the Habs...I don't know why everyone was so worried about how many games Price played, the guy is a thoroughbred...

I've personally never seen Desjardins as anything more than a capable AHL goalie who could help out in the NHL as a backup in a pinch. If Alex Auld is gone next year, the Habs have Sanford (though i'm not sure what his contract status is) who I think would be a better option than Desjardins...

Old
05-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
I can still recall that guy diving head first in front of a point blank slapshot with just over a minute left in a game the Dogs had a 4 goal lead. His helmet broke and he missed a few games. But as a teammate you'd probably love that kind of commitment. That dude isn't afraid of blocking any shot.
If he manages to translate his game to the NHL level people will have to find a way to hate the Gomez trade even more than they do now...which I imagine will be very difficult based on the running Gomez hate thread saga. They'll need to get creative.

Old
05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Really? Alex Auld has over 200 games of NHL experience and played his role of backup perfectly this year. If you think the Habs overused Carey Price this year because they didn't trust Alex Auld, then you might of seen Carey Price start ALL 82 games this year had Cedric Desjardins been the backup.

I think you underestimate what a veteran goalie can bring to the table as a back up for Price. Not sure Desjardins would of been able to provide the same guidance and shoulder to lean on that Auld did.

With Alex Auld, the roles were clearly defined for the Habs...I don't know why everyone was so worried about how many games Price played, the guy is a thoroughbred...

I've personally never seen Desjardins as anything more than a capable AHL goalie who could help out in the NHL as a backup in a pinch. If Alex Auld is gone next year, the Habs have Sanford (though i'm not sure what his contract status is) who I think would be a better option than Desjardins...
Desjardins is not exactly 21 years old. Yes, no NHL experience but I will start to underestimate what a veteran goalie brings when there's actually 10ish teams who didn't think he was worth keeping in the past years. Of course, if you can't give me a better vet, I wouldn't mind.

But while I'm obviously not comparing both, you can also give me a Anders Lindback, and it would also work.

The day the Habs traded Halak and kept Price, the roles were pretty much defined. Pretty sure that aside from a couple of wackos, Desjardins would not have seen as a threat to Price. Mind you, I have to agree that anybody but a threat or even anybody but a franco, THIS YEAR, was the best bet for Price. But now that he's settled in his role, he could play with anybody behind him, it wouldn't matter.

Old
05-02-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Yes...and? Sanford keeps being injured lately, so how can you count on him to be a goalie then? Do you believe they won't let him go at the end of the year? If so, if he'd be THAT good and if they'd be THAT positive he'd be able to be this franchise #3 goalie, they'd sign him. I don't believe they will.

Based on numbers on his last 2 years, the gap is not THAT big between Sanford and Desjardins. Yes, Desjardins struggled in his last playoffs at some point, but overall it's not THAT big and they ended up playing the same number of games.

Nobody is anguishing over anything, we hear the news that Ramo isn't coming, we're closing the subject. But I really hope we found a #2 for our team next year....And we need to keep McIntyre 'cause I would not be confortable with coming back with Sanford and his injuries...
I don't know...i'm really not concerned by who is the back up for Price next year. Whether it be Auld or some other veteran, doesn't really matter to me and I don't think it's a great priority for the organization, as long as it's a good fit with Price.

As for the Sanford/McIntyre situation, the Hamilton Bulldogs goalie situation will play itself out...it's really the least of my concerns when it comes to Habs heading into next year.

Old
05-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
There goes my hopes for a Carey/Kari tandem.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote