HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ramo signing a 2 years contract in the KHL

Old
05-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I love how Desjardins suddenly turned into a TOP PROSPECT as soon as he was traded. He spent basically all year AHL despite the fact taht TB's goaltending sucked at the NHL level.
pretty sure Desjardins was amazing in his stint in the AHL. It's similar to Gomez. They had two guys paid a good sum of money. I doubt Tampa would bury contacts either.

He wasn't a #1 prospect but considering he wins at every level.. He's not a bad one. Kid will be good. No doubt in my mind.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2011, 05:03 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

c.r.e.a.m

get the money

dolla dolla bill y'allllll

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
It's because he's a goalie that is from our "own backyard" and speaks QC.

And yes I know he's from Edmunston NB but that's basically QC anyway.

This is not trolling, if you want proof go look up the Trade Thread

Why's that? Because French people outside of Quebec are basically quebecois? I'm from Edmundston, and let me tell you one thing, it's not basically QC...

And having a young back-up isn't a good thing in Montreal. The young guy will want to be a starter and will not be happy for long. The older guy, like Auld, knows his role better and will just be happy to be there...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:10 AM
DeVries*

So I assume we draft a goalie this year somewhere after the 3rd round.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:19 AM
7th Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0246 View Post
So I assume we draft a goalie this year somewhere after the 3rd round.
You know I ask myself why we bother wasting a pick when all we need is back-up G capable of playing 15-20 games a season? Thatís something Habs are able to find in unrestricted free agency.
Considering obviously CP31 sticks around for another 10-15 years...

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

young backup french goalie was not a option last year

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:42 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It's just an interrogation. It is the summer....you know that as Habs fans, we will talk about the Dogs 13th forward....and maybe Wheeling's #2 goalie...
Now that you mention it, who is the Nailer's backup? Damn, someone get him up on screen. We need to analyze this guy. I want a full report on my desk at 6 AM guys.

Joking aside, just because we have Carey in net, Habs can't slack on Goalie development. A lot of **** can happen.

And, I'm a bit pissed re Ramo too. He could have bought us a second rounder I think. Now he's bedding Russian prossies and having a fine old time. Bummer.

KHL, party players heaven.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
You know I ask myself why we bother wasting a pick when all we need is back-up G capable of playing 15-20 games a season? That’s something Habs are able to find in unrestricted free agency.
Considering obviously CP31 sticks around for another 10-15 years...
Very true. I'd be surprised if they spent a draft pick to choose and try to develop a suitable back up as opposed to choosing from known ("tried and tested") NHL free agent options. You never know, though. At some point, if a certain goalie drops and drops, you can get faced with a tough decision; especially if your drafting strategy highly prioritizes some notion of BPA value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
young backup french goalie was not a option last year
They certainly seemed to say that loud and clear, didn't they. Don't see why it would be any different for the next few years.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:49 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I think Alexander Radulov trumps all of those players. With an elite D-corps and what looks like an amazing young, goalie, Nashville is one star forward (such as Radulov) away from being a serious Cup contender.
Yeah that was bad **** for Nashville. Radulov. Also enjoying caviar, champagne and babe Prossies I guess. Some Russian guys are just like that. Can't blame them really.

Old
05-03-2011, 10:54 AM
7th Player

[QUOTE=Ohashi_Jouzu;32840788]Very true. I'd be surprised if they spent a draft pick to choose and try to develop a suitable back up as opposed to choosing from known ("tried and tested") NHL free agent options. You never know, though. At some point, if a certain goalie drops and drops, you can get faced with a tough decision; especially if your drafting strategy highly prioritizes some notion of BPA value.[QUOTE]

With UFA status at 27 years old in the new CBA, I thought you'd see more quality goaltenders hit the market in their prime. But the result was different, teams chose to lock up their undisputed #1 goalies to 5-6-7 year contracts. Now all you have in terms of goaltenders option are #1a #1b, backups or reclamation projects.

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:57 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
My point was that his success in the KHL is worth nothing if he never plays for the Habs. I'd rather have a 7th round pick than Emelin and Perezhogin combined. Plus, Desjardin's replacement (Mayer) was a very dramatic downgrade.
I'm the third guy to tell you your post is: WRONG! After his great year, KR could of landed us a second round pick if he was keen on the NHL. Now that he's eating Caviar and drinking Champers in Russia the next 2 years, he'll land us a 7th round pick at best. The um, point of this entire thread by the way: KHL 1, HABS 0. Again.

Old
05-03-2011, 11:11 AM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
It is not worst then Winnipeg
You might want to tell that to the Phoenix goalie, Bryzgalov

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Bunka Gurndeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Why's that? Because French people outside of Quebec are basically quebecois? I'm from Edmundston, and let me tell you one thing, it's not basically QC...

And having a young back-up isn't a good thing in Montreal. The young guy will want to be a starter and will not be happy for long. The older guy, like Auld, knows his role better and will just be happy to be there...
I meant more on the proximity to the border not the language issue....

Bunka Gurndeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
pretty sure Desjardins was amazing in his stint in the AHL. It's similar to Gomez. They had two guys paid a good sum of money. I doubt Tampa would bury contacts either.

He wasn't a #1 prospect but considering he wins at every level.. He's not a bad one. Kid will be good. No doubt in my mind.
He's going to be 26 before the start of next year, hardly a kid. He's two years older than Price. Plus .905 save % in the AHL is nothing to write home about. If we miss him so much we can re-sign him after July 1st as he is going to be a UFA I believe.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 01:13 PM
habsfanwpg27*

I think its a pretty interesting stragety. By the time his contract will be up, he'll be 27 and in the midst of his prime. By looking at his numbers this year 33-6, he could blossom into a legit number 1 goalie. I don't believe he'll ever play a game as a hab, but could devolp into a decent trading piece. Its always good to have options.

habsfanwpg27* is offline   Reply With Quote