HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Versteeg, Carle, and Leino's rights

Old
05-07-2011, 01:26 AM
FLYERSFAN18

vCash: 500
Versteeg, Carle, and Leino's rights

What would teams give for these three.

Flyers need cap space and picks/prospects

FLYERSFAN18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 01:27 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I was literally in the process of making this thread. I'd say they should be traded for picks or a goalie.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 01:29 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Yea, i dont see a need for any of them to be honest. Leino has been driving me crazy lately

Old
05-07-2011, 01:30 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Honestly, when it comes to Versteeg and Leino, only one should go. We do need some sort of right winger that we have control of, or at least an upper hand with.

Old
05-07-2011, 01:34 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Honestly, when it comes to Versteeg and Leino, only one should go. We do need some sort of right winger that we have control of, or at least an upper hand with.
I am just sick of versteegs dangling and leino holding the puck too long. We have good scorers we just need some players who are good in the corners and in front of the net

Old
05-07-2011, 01:50 AM
SolidSnakeUS

To Wild fans, would you do Versteeg for Clutterbuck? Or would the Flyers have to add?

Old
05-07-2011, 01:58 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
To Wild fans, would you do Versteeg for Clutterbuck? Or would the Flyers have to add?
I don't know if you're being serious or not, but there is absolutely no way Minnesota trades clutterbuck for versteeg.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 02:00 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I don't know if you're being serious or not, but there is absolutely no way Minnesota trades clutterbuck for versteeg.
Just an idea.

Old
05-07-2011, 02:08 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Just an idea.
Clutterbuck would be a good addition, but I feel like he's too important to thier team moving forward to give him up for an overpaid winger who doesn't seem to fit anywhere, even if versteeg has more offensive upside.

I may be wrong though

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 02:43 AM
Unholy

Whats the deal with the recent negativity for Leino? Honest question for Flyers fans.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 02:48 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
Whats the deal with the recent negativity for Leino? Honest question for Flyers fans.
In the last quarter of the regular season and in the playoffs, he's dropped off quite a bit from what he was for most of the season. Maybe he's not used to playing this much?

Old
05-07-2011, 02:58 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

I think flyer fans are being overly critical becuase they just got swept by the B's (not being a dick, being completely serious) versteeg, leino and carle are all VERY solid players who would make most teams top 6/top 4.(cant wait for ppl to list their top 6/4 and day these guys wouldnt be in it)

all should remain flyers, perhaps one has to go due to salary reasons if philly decides to go after a big name goalie, but otherwise no reason to shake things up, suck it up and try it again next year this team has talent coming out of their ears.

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Unholy

Quote:
In the last quarter of the regular season and in the playoffs, he's dropped off quite a bit from what he was for most of the season. Maybe he's not used to playing this much?
Ah alright thanks. I think the Ducks would be interested if they could move Blake somewhere else. And if Teemu comes back we got ourselves the Finn-line

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 06:39 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
I'm still interested in keeping Leino. We've seen how good he can be when he's on, and if there's any nice thing to take away from this season, his weak final few months could result in a cheaper contract.

I'm all for moving Versteeg though. Carle, maybe a little less so, since he is also underrated around here. If someone is interested though, I'd make a move, but I wouldn't take an underpayment for Carle.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:25 AM
wej20

Leino's rights are worth next to nothing, maybe a 5th if you're lucky.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:28 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
What would teams give for these three.

Flyers need cap space and picks/prospects
Leino isn't the type of player that gets his rights traded. The others should fetch something decent but not spectacular.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:31 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Clutterbuck would be a good addition, but I feel like he's too important to thier team moving forward to give him up for an overpaid winger who doesn't seem to fit anywhere, even if versteeg has more offensive upside.

I may be wrong though
Versteeg has more offensive upside but Clutterbuck is a huge fan favorite. It would be Versteeg +

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 07:55 AM
birddog*

Quote:
From a Leafs fan, I don't think Versteeg brings anywhere near what Clutterbuck does. You can get more for Clutterbuck.

Philly fans saw first hand what Versteeg can bring -- a spotty performance with flashes of brilliance that are few and far between. What he regularly brings is soft play and turnovers in bad spots because he over-handles the puck.

Toronto fans are thrilled with the first round pick. Clarke McArthur, often used as a comparison, is a much better player. Doesn't dangle as well but does ALL the little things better.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 10:19 AM
bjtkyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Versteeg has more offensive upside but Clutterbuck is a huge fan favorite. It would be Versteeg +
Your avatar has PK holding a left handed stick, lol. (not disagreeing with you or trying to troll or whatever else just an observation.

And as for the real reason I'm posting.. The Leafs would love Leino or Carle (would also say Versteeg, but that was already a disaster).

However, I don't think they'd be willing to give up anything special for either Leino or Carle. They just aren't high-priority targets.

bjtkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 10:30 AM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
I'd rather keep Leino at this point. His falter toward the end of the year is a better bargaining chip for the Flyers to get a cheaper cap hit out of him. He still has potential and was a monster in last year's playoffs.

Versteeg and Carle need to go though.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 10:42 AM
seanlinden

Leino's rights are worth next to nothing. People realize that a big part of his production comes from his chemistry with Briere/Hartnell, and nobody trades for the rights of UFA depth players.

As for Versteeg & Carle, there will almost definitely be takers (Leafs could really use a guy like Carle), but you really have to question... what do you hope to accomplish by trading them? The Flyers have enough (barely) cap space to keep all 3 and fill out their roster if they go with the status quo in goal (Bobrovsky + a guy who makes less than $2m). If they "go big" on goaltenders, moving these guys isn't going to be enough, as the Flyers can really only afford to lose one of Versteeg/Leino without replacing him, and that won't give them enough to spend $5m+ on a goalie.

Unless they can use one of these guys to get a goalie in the $3-4m range, they're best off keeping them. When you conisder that the only goalies worth getting in that range are Halak, Lehtonen & Rinne... they're problably best served keeping them.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Jumping

Rumor's are around that Leino's been hurt the last 2 months. He can't pull away from people like he did last year. I think the Flyers retain him.

Versteeg and Carle bundled together for a trade... maybe to Atlanta. Someone like Hainsey and a pick or Stewart. I don't particularly like Hainsey but he might be useful on the Flyers.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 11:01 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
I think flyer fans are being overly critical becuase they just got swept by the B's (not being a dick, being completely serious) versteeg, leino and carle are all VERY solid players who would make most teams top 6/top 4.(cant wait for ppl to list their top 6/4 and day these guys wouldnt be in it)

all should remain flyers, perhaps one has to go due to salary reasons if philly decides to go after a big name goalie, but otherwise no reason to shake things up, suck it up and try it again next year this team has talent coming out of their ears.
No, Carle sucks. He simply isn't effective if Pronger isn't there to hold his hand when he's on the ice. Carle needs a safety blanket to be effective, and if he doesn't have Pronger out there he looks like he's afraid to have the puck and just turns it over. Versteeg has been a large disappointment, and I think his salary/value is better spent elsewhere. I'm for keeping Leino. While a lot of Leino's production is because he played on that line, he was the 2nd best player on that line all year behind Briere. He's one of the better free agent wingers out there(which says a lot about the FA class), and I other teams would be willing to pay him a good amount more than he's worth.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 11:15 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Depending on the health of David Perron, the Blues may be interested in Ville Leino. The problem is that the Blues won't make a move to fill Perron's spot in the line-up until closer to the season, by which time Leino will be an UFA.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Hip Of Rick

Nabakov maybe?

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote