HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders 3rd jersey for next season

Old
05-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Islanders1932

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
Don't know if anybody has posted these, but:

Wow thats a sick jersey....I really like it

Last edited by Islanders1932: 05-23-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 01:05 AM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
None of the jerseys in this thread are anywhere near respectable.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 01:06 PM
doublechili

I designed a jersey with black that sounds kind of like the one described above, and I think it's actually pretty nice looking (kinda like a Sharks jersey with Isles' colors plus black). Problem is, I used a site with a jersey designer tool and I can't copy and paste it. Does anyone know whether/how a jersey from this site can be uploaded here (you have to click "open kit designer" to get into the jersey design area)? It appears to be in flash format:

http://www.owayo.com/icehockey.htm

It's a great website for fooling around with jerseys, BTW, if it can't be uploaded but someone wants to re-create it, I did a "Raider" jersey with "ocean" (blue) as the main color and black, orange and white as colors 2-4, plus an orange lace-up collar. For name/numbers/logo I used font F025 in white with black trim. Instead of uploading a logo I just did a big "NYI" on the front, and it actually looks good. Also did a small number on the upper chest.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 01:13 PM
por2gues

Sorry if this has been asked but when will the 3rd jersey be revealed?

por2gues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 02:47 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 50
My guess would be at the draft party.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 07:02 PM
ColeJ

hehehe. i designed that one lighthouse/anchor hybrid thing.

i saw it pop up in a different forum on hfboards and thought "wtf?! someone just ripped off my design!"

then i saw this thread, and thought no harm, no foul

i'm glad some of you like it. don't care much that others don't. and jones 2 better not be an indication of who you guys are going to draft, or you're going to be very very disappointed. i haven't so much as played a game of pickup in 10 years.

ColeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJ View Post

i saw it pop up in a different forum on hfboards and thought "wtf?! someone just ripped off my design!"

i'm glad some of you like it. don't care much that others don't. and jones 2 better not be an indication of who you guys are going to draft, or you're going to be very very disappointed. i haven't so much as played a game of pickup in 10 years.
My bad, sorry about that, it's clear what happened here, but I should make a note of it on the other thread.

Real nice job on that design though.

Updated: http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...&postcount=220

Last edited by Law: 05-30-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2011, 07:30 PM
TheBoss22

I just had a vision of us signing a big name UFA like Bieksa and presenting him and the new jersey to the media at the same time.

If the colour scheme is indeed Black I'm starting to have doubts...

(I just noticed the stripe lines are straight rather than wavey. Surprising they improved that rather than the Fisherman logo).

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:18 AM
And You Feel Shame

Quote:
Nice work.

And You Feel Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:23 AM
kk
diehard NYI/WPG fan

I'm on board for a black Isles 3rd jersey. Can't lose with black. Better than that orange monster a few years ago. Just skip laces on all jerseys please. It's so lame, and has no business on a modern hockey jersey.

kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
Does anyone know whether/how a jersey from this site can be uploaded here (you have to click "open kit designer" to get into the jersey design area)? It appears to be in flash format:
Take a screenshot.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:53 PM
rikker
fan since '75.

looking forward to black. simple...not alot of flash...just lots of black...

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
I designed a jersey with black that sounds kind of like the one described above, and I think it's actually pretty nice looking (kinda like a Sharks jersey with Isles' colors plus black). Problem is, I used a site with a jersey designer tool and I can't copy and paste it. Does anyone know whether/how a jersey from this site can be uploaded here (you have to click "open kit designer" to get into the jersey design area)? It appears to be in flash format:

http://www.owayo.com/icehockey.htm

It's a great website for fooling around with jerseys, BTW, if it can't be uploaded but someone wants to re-create it, I did a "Raider" jersey with "ocean" (blue) as the main color and black, orange and white as colors 2-4, plus an orange lace-up collar. For name/numbers/logo I used font F025 in white with black trim. Instead of uploading a logo I just did a big "NYI" on the front, and it actually looks good. Also did a small number on the upper chest.
you can always just take a screen cap (Command Shift 3 on Mac OR Print Screen button your keyboard then paste it into MS Paint & save.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:

Your work on thebreakaway really is brilliant. Can't wait till your next jersey. you're almost done with all 30 teams.

I especially look forward to your Devils design.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
ColeJ

my devils design is going to be pretty simple, really. i think they've got it down with their home and road already.

the third, i'm trying something slightly different. but it won't be anything amazing, i'm afraid. simplistic.

ColeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 02:02 PM
doublechili

Thanks RDC and Isle Junkie. This is the best I've been able to do, which I think is going to be a link to the image - it's a screen capture of the 3rd jersey I made using the design tool on the Owayo.com site. If you can tell me how to insert the image directly into the body of the post, that would be great.

"NYI 3rd jersey.bmp"
Attached Images
File Type: bmp NYI 3rd jersey.bmp‎ (448.8 KB, 65 views)

Old
05-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Pnut

Quote:
Thanks RDC and Isle Junkie. This is the best I've been able to do, which I think is going to be a link to the image - it's a screen capture of the 3rd jersey I made using the design tool on the Owayo.com site. If you can tell me how to insert the image directly into the body of the post, that would be great.

"NYI 3rd jersey.bmp"
dc, if you have an image site you uploaded it the picture on then you can put a full picture here. Copy the address from that site. You can hit the yellow square that looks like two mountains and a moon and paste the website into the box. Hit "ok" and then "Submit reply" and you should be good.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:14 PM
vagueoutlook
Rookie User

Just threw this together

Based off the rumors I heard last year about the script logo that was on the helmets a few years ago and the new rumor of a black jersey, I just threw this together. Thoughts?

vagueoutlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagueoutlook View Post

Based off the rumors I heard last year about the script logo that was on the helmets a few years ago and the new rumor of a black jersey, I just threw this together. Thoughts?
This is actually not horrible if it has to be black.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
doublechili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
dc, if you have an image site you uploaded it the picture on then you can put a full picture here. Copy the address from that site. You can hit the yellow square that looks like two mountains and a moon and paste the website into the box. Hit "ok" and then "Submit reply" and you should be good.

Hey Pnut, thanks. This is not working when I hit preview post, probably because the original image is in a flash format, I believe. I do have a screen shot saved to my HF account as a bitmap image per the earlier instructions from Richie and Isle Junkie, but I can't figure out how to insert that image directly into a post. I don't do graphics generally, so I'm pretty clueless in this area (note that I've never had an avatar - nuff said).

Old
05-31-2011, 04:15 PM
doublechili

Quote:

Hey, that looks like the "Odysee" jersey from the Owayo.com site - how did you get that image in your post?!

Old
05-31-2011, 07:47 PM
LAIslanderFan

I for one, would only buy a third jersey if the Islanders keep "their" colors. That means some reworking of blue, orange and white. If I wanted a black jersey I can buy a kings, penguins, stars, flyers, senators (3rd), lightening, sharks (3rd), ducks (3rd), bruins, hurricanes (3rd), blackhawks (3rd), coyotes (3rd), am I missing anyone?

Isn't it comforting to turn on an Islander game and see the coliseum dottied with orange and blue clothing? Or watching an away game in Florida or the Garden and try and pick out the Islander fans. Just look for the blue/orange scheme. If we go to black, that won't be such an easy task, especially if we play one of the gazillion teams that has black as a primary or 3rd jersey.

Does anyone see where I'm going? BLACK IS NOT AN ISLANDER COLOR!!! It's the raiders, the bruins, and any team that has the need to be "trendy".

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Bexlyspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
I for one, would only buy a third jersey if the Islanders keep "their" colors. That means some reworking of blue, orange and white. If I wanted a black jersey I can buy a kings, penguins, stars, flyers, senators (3rd), lightening, sharks (3rd), ducks (3rd), bruins, hurricanes (3rd), blackhawks (3rd), coyotes (3rd), am I missing anyone?

Isn't it comforting to turn on an Islander game and see the coliseum dottied with orange and blue clothing? Or watching an away game in Florida or the Garden and try and pick out the Islander fans. Just look for the blue/orange scheme. If we go to black, that won't be such an easy task, especially if we play one of the gazillion teams that has black as a primary or 3rd jersey.

Does anyone see where I'm going? BLACK IS NOT AN ISLANDER COLOR!!! It's the raiders, the bruins, and any team that has the need to be "trendy".
I Agree. i am actually happy that they finally went back to the original color scheme. lets just leave it at that.

Bexlyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 03:04 AM
islandersfan1677

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps527 View Post
This is actually not horrible if it has to be black.
Quote:

i like this jersey idea alot. i can't wait for the black 3rd jersey if it really is gonna be black. i'll take a black jersey over the fishsticks jersey and halloween jersey anyday.

islandersfan1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:01 AM
OlTimeHockey

As the French say, "eet's a turd jursey."

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote