HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 NHL Entry Draft Talk - Part VIII - Adam Larsson's Revenge!

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Devils731

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Hard to predict what lou will ever do. He will probably have his list of players and see whats at 4. I think, with this year being so uncertain, he might just end up reaching for a strome or murphy if he likes them this year instead of risking a trade down only to have them go off the board when the islanders reach as well
From what I can gather, based on past drafts, if the Devils have the top 8 guys all ranked the same then Lou would like to trade down to 8th. The Devils don't seem to care who they get out of similarly ranked guys, just that they get at least 1 of them.

Or if the Devils are picking at 4 and have 3 guys all ranked the same then they'd probably move down to 6 for whatever they could get because any return, even a small return, would yield more value from the draft in the teams eyes.

Of course the flipside, if the Devils do have Larsson ranked much higher than other players then they probably will try to move up to get him, they'll offer up to whatever the difference in value between Larsson and the next tier of players are.

Old
05-07-2011, 10:13 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Picked up my copy of "THN draft preview" and it's really not worth the 8$ I paid for it. They made a top #100 but here's their top #10...

1) RNH
2) Larsson
3) Landeskog
4) Couturier
5) Huberdeau
6) Ryan Strome
7) Ryan Murphy
8) Sven Bartschi
9) Zach Phillips
10) Dougie Hamilton

We got bashed, once again, for having a very weak prospect pool and Lou will have a hard time getting Parise under contract cause we have 7.2M$ left to give and we only have 17 roster spots that are filled.

Here's a nice quote I saw in a seperate article regarding the fact that we might have tree 2nd rounders in 2012...

Quote:
"It allows you a whole different philosophy to have multiple second round picks" said Devils director of hockey operations David Conte. "Sometimes you just shake your head that somebody is available with that pick. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I love the second round".

Old
05-07-2011, 10:29 AM
CerebralGenesis

Haha I love that quote because its so true and next year's 2nd is only bettter. Imagine coupling both 2nd and moving up the draft to get 2 first round talents in a deep draft.

Salvador needs to retire and we need to shed Rolston. We aren't in cap hell but it sure isn't pretty either

Old
05-07-2011, 10:38 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

the Devils get bashed for having a weak prospect pool?

i touched water this morning and my hand was wet after.

Old
05-07-2011, 11:50 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Zach Phillips being rated awfully high compared to most other sources...

Old
05-07-2011, 11:52 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Zach Phillips being rated awfully high compared to most other sources...
Just so you know... Beaulieu was rated 18th overall

Old
05-07-2011, 11:55 AM
CerebralGenesis

Woah philips at 9. After 7ish the draft is going to be a free for all. Glad we aren't in that disaster

Old
05-07-2011, 01:15 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Just so you know... Beaulieu was rated 18th overall
Just means we might get Jurco in the second round and Tesink in the 3rd

Old
05-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Just means we might get Jurco in the second round and Tesink in the 3rd
What is your assessment of Jurco? I get this feeling that he is one of those players who's talents don't really transfer to the NHL. I feel like he won't be able to break the top 6 of a team and will have to play on the 3rd line. Do you feel like that is true? What would you say his strengths are? I know you watch a bunch of sea dogs games so I trust your view more than mine.

I think I'm not a fan of him because there are other players I would rather take in the 2nd round if we are able to pick there.

Old
05-07-2011, 01:57 PM
CerebralGenesis

I don't think lou willget a 2nd for this year. The uncertainty won't let him move around as much as normal. Who knows. Can we please draft and get this over with?

Old
05-07-2011, 02:13 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedenby21 View Post
What is your assessment of Jurco? I get this feeling that he is one of those players who's talents don't really transfer to the NHL. I feel like he won't be able to break the top 6 of a team and will have to play on the 3rd line. Do you feel like that is true? What would you say his strengths are? I know you watch a bunch of sea dogs games so I trust your view more than mine.

I think I'm not a fan of him because there are other players I would rather take in the 2nd round if we are able to pick there.
Schremp comparison? Would that be fair?

Old
05-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Schremp comparison? Would that be fair?
That's exactly who I think of when I think of Jurco.

Old
05-07-2011, 06:08 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
then stay the fudge away from him. oh and the article about larsson in thn also mentioned his favorite hobby is fishing, so jim just found his new fav scandinavian.

Old
05-07-2011, 07:57 PM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Picked up my copy of "THN draft preview" and it's really not worth the 8$ I paid for it. They made a top #100 but here's their top #10...

1) RNH
2) Larsson
3) Landeskog
4) Couturier
5) Huberdeau

6) Ryan Strome
7) Ryan Murphy
8) Sven Bartschi
9) Zach Phillips
10) Dougie Hamilton

We got bashed, once again, for having a very weak prospect pool and Lou will have a hard time getting Parise under contract cause we have 7.2M$ left to give and we only have 17 roster spots that are filled.

Here's a nice quote I saw in a seperate article regarding the fact that we might have tree 2nd rounders in 2012...
Top 5 look awfully familiar.

Crap shoot after 7. Then draft falls off a cliff.

Old
05-07-2011, 08:13 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGigantic View Post

Well it's been advertised that the top #4 is set is stone (order might differ) so it's not that big of a discovery for THN but to say that Phillips and Bartschi will go before Hamilton is a major stretch IMO.

All in all, coming out with a "draft preview guide" whitout taking into consideration the U-18 tournament isn't to their advantage. Several prospects played real well and possibly elevated their draft stocks. Off the top of my head, guys like Ryan Murphy (what a surprise, I know ) and Victor Rask really impressed me and I can't see Rask going in the late 40's.

Old
05-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Yeah, theres no way Hamilton goes after Phillips. I don't think he makes it past the Islanders at #5. He'd be a real good fit there and I'd get to see him play whenever I want. Really just depends if a team reaches from 1-4 and they don't have Couturier/Landeskog etc available.

In a few years..

Streit/MacDonald - Hamilton
De Haan - Hamonic

That will be a nasty top-4 with or without Mark Streit.

Old
05-07-2011, 10:39 PM
CerebralGenesis

I hope our d corps. pans out and we are defensively competent at some year from now.

Old
05-08-2011, 07:13 AM
KohoDonuts88

Scotty Bowman on Larsson:

Quote:
Former NHL coach/general manager Scotty Bowman has no NHL draft agenda, but he’s still wondering if the Edmonton Oilers will make Swedish defenceman Adam Larsson the first overall pick next month in Minnesota.

When Bowman was told there was a groundswell of support for flashy Red Deer Rebels centre Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, he went back to talking about Larsson.

“They’re rating this Larsson with Hedman and when I saw Larsson in the world junior in Buffalo (last Christmas) he reminded me of Larry Murphy, with better foot speed.

“You know how Murphy played, gliding around guys?” said Bowman. “I know the people in Sweden who see Larsson playing in their top league and he’s used as a No. 2 guy.

“The Swedish League is a really good league, similar to the American Hockey League,” Bowman said. “Guys come out of there and can play right away in the NHL. If you can play over 20 minutes a game like Larsson was, that’s pretty good.”

Old
05-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Ripshot 43

Larssoooooooooon!

Old
05-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Goose Huckabee

You shut your whole mouth Mr. Bowman. No Larsson praise from smart people until after the draft.

Old
05-08-2011, 09:42 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

schremp can't skate worth ****. Jurco is an excellent skater with good vision. He's more of a Kovalev, which draws its own ire i suppose.

Old
05-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose Huckabee View Post
You shut your whole mouth Mr. Bowman. No Larsson praise from smart people until after the draft.
What I was thinking too. I think we should start a rumor that Larssons skating is less than up to par. We can Sean Coutuier him

Old
05-08-2011, 09:50 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
schremp can't skate worth ****. Jurco is an excellent skater with good vision. He's more of a Kovalev, which draws its own ire i suppose.
id take a kovalev clone any day of the week. the benefits outweigh the negatives on players like that. unless theyre complete zherdevs. in that case, no thanks. kovalev is an amazing talent. maybe not so much anymore though.

Old
05-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov 28 View Post
Yeah, theres no way Hamilton goes after Phillips. I don't think he makes it past the Islanders at #5. He'd be a real good fit there and I'd get to see him play whenever I want. Really just depends if a team reaches from 1-4 and they don't have Couturier/Landeskog etc available.

In a few years..

Streit/MacDonald - Hamilton
De Haan - Hamonic

That will be a nasty top-4 with or without Mark Streit.
I thought Snow's off the board pick with DeHaan at #12 was pimp. He's legit. Loved Snow's nod and Burke's subsequent reaction too after they traded up to pick him.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:36 AM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGigantic View Post

Huberdeau or Courtier (sp) if both are available who do you think Lou and co pick ? Im an Isles fan secretly pushing for Huberdeau or Ryan Murphy. The isles IMO are in position to swing for the fences. We had the 4th pick before Lou swooped in and won the lottery. Just our luck, the Devs are good for what 20 seasons in a row and the one crap year they go and win the lottery landing them a top 4 in a top 4 heavy draft..

best of luck, please detroy the queen and the blue shirts even time you play them....

Closed Thread