HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2011 NHL Entry Draft Talk - Part VIII - Adam Larsson's Revenge!

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2011, 06:17 PM
kiwidevil

vCash: 500
Does anyone else get the feeling that Henrique is going to be in the same mould as Landeskog?

Two way play, Centre, Gritty and leadership qualities.

Very similar stats also.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Does anyone else get the feeling that Henrique is going to be in the same mould as Landeskog?

Very similar stats also.
Yeah I really am not falling for the Landeskog hype. He isn't going to be Richards.

He has a cool name and is tough but meh... SC or i'd even take Murphy before him.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
If I had to compare Landeskog, it would probably be Andrew Ladd instead of Mike Richards.

Edit: I knew Ladd went high but I didn't remember he went 4th overall, spooky
Andrew Ladd, two Stanley Cups.

Ovechkin 0, Malkin 1, Barker 0, Wheeler 0.

I'll take bringing championships through grit every day of the week over an Ovechkin who is just eye candy.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post

Very similar stats also.
Nope. Henrique didn't make players around him better, he played with Taylor Hall.

Landeskog didn't exactly have that.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
I said I would've prefered a center over a winger, hence the Richards/Getzlaf over Parise remark.

I get your point, you want a hard worker to get it done during the post season. If Landeskog's "intangibles" are that high and he's projected to be the player you say he will be, why didn't the Kitchener Rangers get passed the Plymouth Whalers in the 1st round with Landeskog leading the way?

All I'm saying is that you need to draft based on talent first and foremost and if there's a tie between two players, you go with "intangibles" to seperate the two. Like I said, landing a winger is alot easier to do during the off-season or the deadline compared to puck movers or centers. I would be happy with Landeskog but I would be happier with 2 or 3 other candidates. That's my POV and you don't have to like it, you just have to accept it.

Some of you are pencilling Landeskog like he's mister clutch or something. The guy hasn't even played a single game at the NHL level and it seems like he'll take the bull by the horns and show everyone how it's done... I'm just not bying that, sorry. We can get guys that want to go to war on the cheap (Lapierre or Konopka for example) but we won't be able to land a top notch blueliner/center as easily and that's why you take the guy with the best skillset.

Parise is a hard worker, Kovalchuk is a hard worker, Zubrus is a hard worker, Elias is a hard worker, Zajac is a hard worker, etc, etc, etc... It's our bottom 6 that's soft like butter, not our top 6 IMO.
Just a short one.

I think both sides are overreacting a bit, I have no problem to admit it. But saying some are penciling him as a sure playoff performer at the highest level is a little bit off. Neither does the point about OHL playoffs proving that much. (nor about Huber)

And the whole lineup (except Volchie, White and Zubrus) is one big piece of butter. It`s not just about hard working guys. Kovy may be better than we thought when he first came to Jersey, but he`s still unproven in the POs and far from being a tough guy. Teddy and Yayo won`t ever become those. Palmieri despite his size isn`t all that physical, Parise is Parise and Travis is everything but a guy that pains your ass if you`re his PO opponent. This core needs a productive tough guy with leadership. Landeskog is that, that`s the point. Anybody who stated he won`t reach his potential etc. is laughable to me, because it`s based on the air.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:31 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Ryder View Post
Andrew Ladd, two Stanley Cups.

Ovechkin 0, Malkin 1, Barker 0, Wheeler 0.

I'll take bringing championships through grit every day of the week over an Ovechkin who is just eye candy.
And I'm assuming Ladd was the key piece of both SC's?

Ladd played on a ****ing stacked team and was a 3rd liner for the Hawks. He also played with the Canes wich went on a miracle run and faced the Oilers in the finals.

If Ladd is such a key component to earn a ring, why did he get traded twice in 7 years. Would you rather have Daneyko (3 rings) or Bourque (1 ring)?

Old
05-14-2011, 06:37 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Just a short one.

I think both sides are overreacting a bit, I have no problem to admit it. But saying some are penciling him as a sure playoff performer at the highest level is a little bit off. Neither does the point about OHL playoffs proving that much. (nor about Huber)

And the whole lineup (except Volchie, White and Zubrus) is one big piece of butter. It`s not just about hard working guys. Kovy may be better than we thought when he first came to Jersey, but he`s still unproven in the POs and far from being a tough guy. Teddy and Yayo won`t ever become those. Palmieri despite his size isn`t all that physical, Parise is Parise and Travis is everything but a guy that pains your ass if you`re his PO opponent. This core needs a productive tough guy with leadership. Landeskog is that, that`s the point. Anybody who stated he won`t reach his potential etc. is laughable to me, because it`s based on the air.
I do agree that we need more grit on our skilled lines but is a 17/18 year old prospect the answer, I don't know about that. We can add someone with those exact qualities via a trade (The Hawks moved Ruutu for Ladd) cause you know exactly what you are getting but expecting to get those things out of a prospect is swinging for the fences IMO.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
And I'm assuming Ladd was the key piece of both SC's?

Ladd played on a ****ing stacked team and was a 3rd liner for the Hawks. He also played with the Canes wich went on a miracle run and faced the Oilers in the finals.

If Ladd is such a key component to earn a ring, why did he get traded twice in 7 years. Would you rather have Daneyko (3 rings) or Bourque (1 ring)?
Daneyko.

And Ladd was instrumental in both, he scored timely goals in both series. He was great in both playoff runs. And he was real good for Atlanta this year too.

Laddeskog.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:43 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Daneyko.

And Ladd was instrumental in both, he scored timely goals in both series. He was great in both playoff runs. And he was real good for Atlanta this year too.

Laddeskog.
Daneyko over Bourque = massive fail.

Ladd was moved twice, we can get a player like Ladd on the market but we won't be able to land a #1 center or top pairing d-men with the same return... garanteed.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

There`s a new thread out there. This should be locked, so the last response. It`s never that easy to get exactly what you want. Not to mention you have to give up if you want to get. UFA market is soldout quickly and those types usually get the best offers, don`t forget about that. Period.

Move on.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:58 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Nope. Henrique didn't make players around him better, he played with Taylor Hall.

Landeskog didn't exactly have that.
Hall is a very good player, but don't think Henrique didn't make him better.

How many Cups does Lando have? Ladd is known commodity. Lando is not. Therefore, you have to make the selection based on organizational need which, IMO (and most others), is a PMD.

Old
05-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
IN MY OPINION, Ladeskog has a lower ceiling than SC, Huberdeau, or Murphy. Hence why I want someone else. You shouldn't draft primarily for intangibles. Period.

And I think the whole "playoff performer" ******** is overdone anyway. Remember when Datsyuk was a playoff bust?
Quite a few players have higher ceilings then him.

Closed Thread