HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Carter on the ice (update for Game 3: "Game-time decision," per Holmgren

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2011, 10:43 AM
  #51
46zone
Guttersnipe
 
46zone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
Panaccio says he looks stiff on the ice; not good.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:50 AM
  #52
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey
 
Crescent Street's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
Panaccio says he looks stiff on the ice; not good.
He always looks like a stiff on the ice..

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:59 AM
  #53
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,460
vCash: 2539
Tim P has modified his post to saying possibility of PP only.

It is speculation at this point.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:24 AM
  #54
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Tim P has modified his post to saying possibility of PP only.

It is speculation at this point.
If that is the case, just sit him and keep healthy bodies on the bench.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:34 AM
  #55
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,460
vCash: 2539
I put this in the GDT, too, but this is Tim P.s latest:

Quote:
all indication are Carter will play in some limited capacity. Lavy said he "looked good." Carter did not push it at skate in any way

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 12:33 PM
  #56
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Welp, looks like I might be wrong on this one. ASF is reporting that Carter might return tonight. But Meltzer has said no. I prefer to rely on Meltzer for information so who knows. If he plays he had better bring some game, or my analysis will not be nice.
It also proves yet again that he has more heart than you've ever given him credit for but you go on and deny it if it makes you happy!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
  #57
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It also proves yet again that he has more heart than you've ever given him credit for but you go on and deny it if it makes you happy!
Now take that heart and go score a goal. Show the same heart and desire that JvR shows in his effort, or Giroux. That is all I want.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 12:45 PM
  #58
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Now take that heart and go score a goal. Show the same heart and desire that JvR shows in his effort, or Giroux. That is all I want.
Hard to do when your knee isn't working.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 01:06 PM
  #59
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
If Carter can't skate, then he shouldn't play... and he isn't a good enough PP player that we need him for spot duty on that unit.

That being said, if the alternative is dressing Shelley, then it doesn't really make a difference.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 01:34 PM
  #60
drownedsailors
Registered User
 
drownedsailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
If Carter can't skate, then he shouldn't play... and he isn't a good enough PP player that we need him for spot duty on that unit.

That being said, if the alternative is dressing Shelley, then it doesn't really make a difference.
I think if we lose game 3 he'll play in game 4

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:21 PM
  #61
Swiper the Fox
Registered User
 
Swiper the Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
I think if we lose game 3 he'll play in game 4
He'll play
(even if just on power play) and
stop this , "if we lose" talk because, we will WIN big time

tomas will pull himself out of the net claiming ' there's too many pucks heading his way ' and he can't deal with it any more since the last game
hehe

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 02:56 PM
  #62
drownedsailors
Registered User
 
drownedsailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiper the Fox View Post
He'll play
(even if just on power play) and
stop this , "if we lose" talk because, we will WIN big time

tomas will pull himself out of the net claiming ' there's too many pucks heading his way ' and he can't deal with it any more since the last game
hehe
lool

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 04:11 PM
  #63
tsquad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Pronger didn't skate this morning and Carter's going to play apparently, Dave Isaac is my cousin and he said he's in. Just passing it along

tsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.