HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 Discussion (Tampa) - The BB Titanic

Old
05-03-2011, 09:52 PM
TRASHCAT

vCash: 500
well in eg's case abe told him what to do and flips the coach of a team that was expected to suck.

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
aquablue

Ted doesn't deserve fans to show up. Fans should stay away from this abomination of a team. I have no interest in fattening Ted's pocketbook anymore than it already is when he keeps that idiot coach. The caps looked like quitters tonight, and I won't give that man any more of my hard earned cash to watch that piece of crap disaspointment every damn year!

They fail too much folks. Only fools would continue to watch this. I've been a fan since 1995 and it's been fail ever since. I'm not interested in watching a team that fleeces us anymore. Basically, I'm done with the caps unless something major changes. It's not worth it.

aquablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DrPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovie's Neighbor View Post
I told myself that I would not take it this hard. I said it is just hockey, it is just a sport why do you care so much. The Bolts scored first and I said oh well whatever here we go again. Then we make it 3-2 and I get my hopes up. However, as usual they choke and I am back to being extremely pissed. Why the **** do we care guys? It is just a game we have no control over but yet somehow I can't not care.
I went through the exact same process. They just had to make it frustrating for me.

DrPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

At this point I would save Neuvy the embarassment of playing behind this team. Start Varly, move Sloan into the top pair, go Costanza and do the opposite of what we normally do. Why not....you can't be more embarrassed at this point.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBjoern View Post
For some reason, all the flaws of this team become apparent in the playoffs. 3rd year where we play well in the reg.season and stink in the playoffs. 2nd year where Caps go in as a favourite to win the east and can't get it together.

They need a new leader on the ice I think.
Sorry man Ovy was awesome tonight...aside from Knuble and to a lesser extent Chimera..... he had no support

Arnott, Laich and Fehr were mediocre

Semin and Backstrom were horrid

4th line only played 5,7 and 8 min respectiveley

Won`t mention the rookies cos they should`t be expected to carry this team...they were fine for the most part.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Portable Mink
Go Walker!

thats quality.

Portable Mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPP View Post
I was just about to go to bed but wait a minute here! Backstrom has a broken thumb and he's taking critical faceoffs?! Seriously? Is BB on crack?
I think it's BS. Notice how the "injury" is being talked about pretty much when the series is over. It's excuse time, nothing more. And Green is hurt too...shocking.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Semin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
The sad thing is Neuvy probably will get benched for Game #4 in the name of providing a "spark". All the while someone worthy of benching (#19) will be on the top line tomorrow and provide nothing.
This "spark" your talking about, you mean where they play hard for bits and pieces of the game and then sit back because they think the job is all done because they put in some sort of effort.

All summer the Caps players will just say "we were injured, watch out for us this year!!!"

Semin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
The sad thing is Neuvy probably will get benched for Game #4 in the name of providing a "spark". All the while someone worthy of benching (#19) will be on the top line tomorrow and provide nothing.
Backstrom is worth benching? For whom? Who do you propose to put in his place? You have someone else in mind who is supposed to split 3 defenders every time he touches the puck? It will accomplish absolutely nothing, because he is still more dangerous than anyone else we can put in, injured or whatever. This is a team wide problem. Nicky's problems are a symptom of something bigger.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:55 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by WcRoenick97 View Post
I fear Leonsis might not be the great owner we think he is. If Boudreau isn't fire after this season, I'm going to lose a ton of faith in him. He kept Flip Saunders and EG around after one of the worst seasons ever for the Wizards. And we all know damn well GMGM doesn't have a proven record for constructing a "playoff winner." His coach hires have been ****. He found lightning in a bottle with Boudreau and his ability to do one thing right (develop young talent.)
Bruce hasn't developed young talent, he's just encouraged them. The young core of his team's maturity level and hockey IQ is severely underdeveloped. They need some time in an incubator.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Bunindza

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBjoern View Post
For some reason, all the flaws of this team become apparent in the playoffs. 3rd year where we play well in the reg.season and stink in the playoffs. 2nd year where Caps go in as a favourite to win the east and can't get it together.

They need a new leader on the ice I think.
I'm curious as to why Ovi, who's scored clutch goals and given some pretty good passes that his teammates have just flat out flubbed (This series is 1-1 had MoJo just put his effin stick on the ice in OT for game 2 - and who knows what the game 3 momentum would have been with the teams even) would need to be replaced as the on-ice leader. I know it's only 9pts in 8 games, but it's not like anyone else is doing better. Ovechkin likely wouldn't be bringing the puck up the ice as much if Backstrom wasn't flat out sucking either.

If someone wanted to be an on-ice leader at this point, they'd be playing like it. It doesn't seem like something that you have a gigantic locker-room discussion about. It seems like something that just happens.

Bunindza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK7117 View Post
This "spark" your talking about, you mean where they play hard for bits and pieces of the game and then sit back because they think the job is all done because they put in some sort of effort.

All summer the Caps players will just say "we were injured, watch out for us this year!!!"
They didn't "sit back" in the third. They were scared ####less. As they have been every game this series. They had no confidence in what they were doing.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:57 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Up until the Dallas 2-1 loss Backstrom was over a point game, about 1.2 to be exact. Did he sign his new contract at that point? No? Oh, there goes that theory.
Your right, my bad. Nicky has played at an all star level, worthy of his contract, all year and in the playoffs. Shame on me.

Why is it so impossible to fathom benching Nicky? Based on BB's calling out Fehr by name as to blame for Stamko's goal in his presser it seems safe to assume Fehr stands a good chance of getting scratched for Game #4. Nicky on the other hand has been largely ineffective for the 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs. Why not bench him in favor of someone hungry to prove themselves like MP85? What harm could it do? Not much, IMO.

WetHog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:57 PM
WcRoenick97

Boudreau is getting worked by a rookie coach.

WcRoenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:58 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
They didn't "sit back" in the third. They were scared ####less. As they have been every game this series. They had no confidence in what they were doing.
I've been saying this for 3 years. They crumble under pressure. They look like a deer in headlights. The team has no backbone or firm hand guiding them.

I'm just beating a dead horse at this point.

Old
WcRoenick97

Bring up MP, you know that little guy will give this team some life. He'll lay it all on the line, for at least 3 or 4 games.

WcRoenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Semin

One thing I always disliked but never voiced my opinion on is having Nicki mentor MJ. So you take the still raw Backstrom and thrust him and tell him too mentor MJ, when in reality Nicki needs a veteran presence mentoring him as well. That could possibly be thrown on the list of whats wrong with the Caps.

Old
Portable Mink
Go Walker!

bring in perreault.

there i said it.

EDIT: beaten to it!

Portable Mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugCostanza View Post
I feel really bad for Jason Arnott. Thought he was coming to a cup contending team, plays his ass off, brings vet experience, and everyone gives up in front of him. He is probably dumbfounded with the caps right now.
couldn't care less about Arnott. he has bled caps red, white & blue for all of 2 months. plus he already has a Cup. his other team wasn't even headed for playoffs.

plus, the guy could chip in with a freaking goal already, if the early exit is going to be so tough on him.

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez_the_Killer View Post
bring in perreault.

there i said it.
He'd be better than Backstrom. I said that after Game 1 or 2. Backstrom is not helping them at all and a liability.

A good coach would have recognized this by now.

Old
05-03-2011, 10:00 PM
IceBjoern

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Sorry man Ovy was awesome tonight...aside from Knuble he had no support

Arnott, Laich and Fehr were mediocre

Semin and Backstrom were horrid

4th line only played 5,7 and 8 min respectiveley

Won`t mention the rookies cos they should`t be expected to carry this team...they were fine for the most part.
I'm not saying Ovie stinks, but he's no leader. He's goofy and funny and a great player, but this team needs a rock for a leader- (Rock, as in sturdy player, not an actual rock) Although I wouldn't mind an actual rock instead of Bruce...

IceBjoern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

We might get a better effort if they called up 10 Bears.....

Old
Semin

Quote:
They got scared after Stamkos tied it and before they could whip the **** out of there pants they were losing. They seemed so stunned like they've never been pushed into a corner and never had to fight they're way out of it.

Old
05-03-2011, 10:01 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Backstrom is worth benching? For whom? Who do you propose to put in his place? You have someone else in mind who is supposed to split 3 defenders every time he touches the puck? It will accomplish absolutely nothing, because he is still more dangerous than anyone else we can put in, injured or whatever. This is a team wide problem. Nicky's problems are a symptom of something bigger.
Taking a high profile, high priced, "Leader" on this team that has been largely ineffective for the entire playoffs and benching him for a critical Game #4 might be just the jolt some on this team could use.

As for him splitting 3 defenders, I've watched every game of this playoffs and I don't recall him doing that. YT link or it didn't happen.

WetHog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2011, 10:01 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Of course we would prolly still lose, but at least we could use the AHL excuse....

Excuses are what they rebuilt this franchise on....