HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #3: Flyers @ Bruins - Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
05-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
Don't want to do more goaltender piling on, because well you guys have said everything there is to say about it.

I do have one comment though: Does it seem like the goaltending thing is deflating the Flyers skaters? They almost seem like the goaltending thing is such an issue that they're waving the white flag. That's not something that happened at all last year. Down 2-0 in a given game last year, you would see them skate harder, not the other way around.

I'm not enjoying this as much as I thought I would, because imho a lot of Flyers aren't giving this their best effort. And that's not trolling, that's just what it looks like at arm's length.

Fwiw even a sweep doesn;t make up for last year. Nothing will...
TBH, I don't see how it can't. They played their hearts out yesterday and still lost. How frustrating must it be to play like that and lose because of a soft goal or two or ten.
I realize they're "professionals"...but they're human too.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:43 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
He's a third line player. What do you expect from him?
With the way hes playing he shouldnt even be on the bench. Id rather see shelley skating with the fourth line than see versteeg on any line at all.

FLYERSFAN18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:44 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I will gladly take a sweep if it means we get Ilya Bryzgalov or Vokoun. Hell, I'll buy some brooms for the cause. I'll take a year of heartache to just have Homer do the sensible thing, as horrifying as it sounds.
Please don't wish for vokoun...I'm 95% certain he won't be a cup winner...bryzgalov has been a fave goalie of mine for awhile, so I would be beyond stoked for that. But vokoun I think will command too much money and isn't on the same tier/deserve to make the same money as bryz, lundqvist, etc

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:44 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I will gladly take a sweep if it means we get Ilya Bryzgalov or Vokoun. Hell, I'll buy some brooms for the cause. I'll take a year of heartache to just have Homer do the sensible thing, as horrifying as it sounds.
Those two aren't worth creating any causes for, I'll get on board if you're talking Corey Schneider.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:45 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Please don't wish for vokoun...I'm 95% certain he won't be a cup winner...bryzgalov has been a fave goalie of mine for awhile, so I would be beyond stoked for that. But vokoun I think will command too much money and isn't on the same tier/deserve to make the same money as bryz, lundqvist, etc
Vokoun for $6 isn't a viable option, but I'd gladly take him at $3-4M for a transition to Bob. Bob needs a good mentor, and Vokoun can still win. Plus we wouldn't need to trade assets for him, only to clear room.

Bryzgalov would give me a heart attack, if we get him I'd just die. He's a pipe dream.

I could probably come up with a list of 20 goalies I'd rather have right now. Schneider would be on it. But I'm being realistic.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:46 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
History will be repeated?

I wish but not this year. I stood by our goalies for awhile but this is pathetic. I dont even really blame Bouch or Bob themselves because they shouldn't have been put in the position. We have GOT to get one of Vokoun or Bryzgalov here in the off season. Sacrifice some offense to become a complete defensive team. Less pressure or everyone.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:47 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
I do have one comment though: Does it seem like the goaltending thing is deflating the Flyers skaters?
I think it's definently in their minds. You watch the reactions after a soft goal and they just seem to deflate every time.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
We can't really kill Boucher, but just like it's not Michael Leighton's fault that he's Michael Leighton, it's not Brian Boucher's fault that he's Brian Boucher. He is what he is, good to come in off the bench, but that's it. He should have been Martin Gerber to Sergei Bobrovsky being Cam Ward.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:49 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
History will be repeated?

I wish but not this year. I stood by our goalies for awhile but this is pathetic. I dont even really blame Bouch or Bob themselves because they shouldn't have been put in the position. We have GOT to get one of Vokoun or Bryzgalov here in the off season. Sacrifice some offense to become a complete defensive team. Less pressure or everyone.
Last year, even down 3-0, I felt the flyers were going to come back, they were playing like they wanted to win.

Not this time... they are done.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:50 PM
FlyerSithLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Those two aren't worth creating any causes for, I'll get on board if you're talking Corey Schneider.
I'd rather get someone who's established then a young guy who 'might' be the guy. I'd keep Bob as the backup and get someone in here who is above average. Don't necessarily know who that is though.

Old
05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Don't want to do more goaltender piling on, because well you guys have said everything there is to say about it.

I do have one comment though: Does it seem like the goaltending thing is deflating the Flyers skaters? They almost seem like the goaltending thing is such an issue that they're waving the white flag. That's not something that happened at all last year. Down 2-0 in a given game last year, you would see them skate harder, not the other way around.

I'm not enjoying this as much as I thought I would, because imho a lot of Flyers aren't giving this their best effort. And that's not trolling, that's just what it looks like at arm's length.

Fwiw even a sweep doesn;t make up for last year. Nothing will...
I can tell you from experience that bad goaltending ruins a teams confidence and overall play at all times.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
I think it's definently in their minds. You watch the reactions after a soft goal and they just seem to deflate every time.
This series has been deflating for everyone on this team, and if we want to rally together for next year after two heartbreaking playoff seasons in a role, they need to go out there and have fun with the game. Get back to flyers hockey, forget about winning or fighting so hard for every inch...at this point our team needs a morale boost, win or lose. Make it fun to watch and play like it doesn't matter, bc most likely it doesn't

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyerSithLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
We can't really kill Boucher, but just like it's not Michael Leighton's fault that he's Michael Leighton, it's not Brian Boucher's fault that he's Brian Boucher. He is what he is, good to come in off the bench, but that's it. He should have been Martin Gerber to Sergei Bobrovsky being Cam Ward.
This. I put the blame on homer for not getting us a goaltender and on Lavy for playing goalie roulette.

Old
05-04-2011, 09:52 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
I'd rather get someone who's established then a young guy who 'might' be the guy. I'd keep Bob as the backup and get someone in here who is above average. Don't necessarily know who that is though.
My thought exactly, but would I love a young stud in net? Hell yes. Just don't see it happening.

Side note, I imagine HFBoards will explode if the Flyers make a move for a legit goalie this summer. Like, all of the tubes in teh interwebz will just fall to pieces.

Old
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Hey, there was a game on? Didn't even notice.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Flyersfan139

Quote:
This. I put the blame on homer for not getting us a goaltender and on Lavy for playing goalie roulette.
Agreed I do not blame Boosh he should never have been in this position. The defense sucked this series too.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
YES! We have them right where we want them! Let's roll!
You seem to forget that the plane slams into the ground killing everyone aboard after those words...

Then again, that kind of fits. Let's roll.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Getting swept in this series wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen considering we're showing that we're not capable of winning the Cup. The fact that we've pulled our goalie in 7 games of the playoffs so far can't be ignored this offseason.
Yeah but one of those times was because of injury, so we're totally fine. Nope, no reason to improve the goaltending, just like last year. We just need to acquire more depth up front or on the blueline.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I can tell you from experience that bad goaltending ruins a teams confidence and overall play at all times.
Seconded. Knowing that know how matter how well you play a garbage goal can happen any second is hell. Plus, it's always on the back of your minds that the goalie doesn't have your back. They used that positively last year, not this year.

Old
FlyerSithLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
This series has been deflating for everyone on this team, and if we want to rally together for next year after two heartbreaking playoff seasons in a role, they need to go out there and have fun with the game. Get back to flyers hockey, forget about winning or fighting so hard for every inch...at this point our team needs a morale boost, win or lose. Make it fun to watch and play like it doesn't matter, bc most likely it doesn't
It was deflating in the last series as too. I remember watching game six and after the last goal Leighton let in, Richards just had this lost look on his face. I know they came back to win, but how often can that happen before you start to be unable to get back up.

Old
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I actually hope we start Boosh next game so he can get torn up again and I wont see his ass on this team next year. I dont care. Dude sucks. Straight up. Defense wasnt super, but **** man, Boosh gives up atleast 2 softies a game. Team starts to build some momentum, looking positive..... oh Boosh with another softy. Nice! Now Im preparing myself for Boosh lovers to come in and somehow defend ANOTHER ****** game by him.

****ing just play Bob. ****.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrimFullofAsham45

No reason the Flyers can't get Bryzgalov or Vokoun. Not a lot of teams looking for goalies and that will drive their price down. Can't believe people are wishing for Corey Schneider.

Also, 5+ million to get Bryz or Vokoun isn't that unreasonable. We should be shedding a lot of salary, I fully expect Leino and Zherdev to be gone and Versteeg should definitely be dumped. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hartnell or Carle get shipped out either.

BrimFullofAsham45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Larry44

Quote:
They should have just stuck with Bob all the way along. Then at least he'd have some playoff experience, even if it was only one round. This way, Boosh oversees the sweep, and Bob will be an untested, inexperienced rookie next year if he has to come in in relief of whoever the starter is.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
What a bad game.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Well, at least we have lots of prospects in the system who can step in and inject some new...oh, right.

Well, at least we can use our draft picks to...oh, right.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote