HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #3: Flyers @ Bruins - Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
05-04-2011, 10:22 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

vCash: 500
I think some blame has to be handed to Lavy.

He did a **** job of managing the goalies in the playoffs, I think he overworked Bob during the season and thats why he faded a bit at the end.

Also, he treated Z like ****. He gave up on him waaaaaaaaaaay to early in the season. He is NOT a 3rd line player, he is a 2nd line winger who can produce points but needs smart line mates, and he needs PP time.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:22 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
What the heck has happened to briere. barely even notice when he is on the ice. I dont expect him to score six or seven goals every series but other than the one he score, cant say he has made a difference at all
He has to score to make up for his bad defence. When he doesn't score, he isn't looking good. When he does, everyone worships him.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Zherdev has been probably our second best overall player this series behind JVR. He really looks like he is trying to play solid defense. Cant really say i have seen play where a scoring chance has come directly from a mistake from him.

but hes been playing physical, skating hard every shift, passing, and creating some good scoring chances.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
He bangs bodies and is fantastic on the PK. He won't score though.

I was pissed when Homer didn't resign Asham. I still am. He could have been useful. He was a pretty decent 3rd/4th liner. Right now, I'd take him over Versteeg. And Shelley. And Rinaldo.
We have alot of 4th liners in the AHL. Like I said, dime a dozen. Holmstrom does the same thing. Our AHL team doesnt have alot of really good players, but they do have players you can play on the 4th line.

I dont see Zherdev coming back at all. I guess he goes back to the KHL, or signs with someone like the Blues, or Wild or something.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:28 PM
drownedsailors

Really heartbreaking to see them lose like that. They weren't even skating because they knew if Boston went the other way Boosh wouldn't make the save. I don't want to blame Boosh, because he's Boosh, he's a career backup and he should've never been our starter.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:29 PM
FLYERSFAN18

yea he can be replaced. Im just a fan of his energy and hard nosed play. For the right price id like to see him back. But i definately wont overpay for him. But id reather give him a caphit of 1.1 mil than shelley.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:33 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
I think some blame has to be handed to Lavy.

He did a **** job of managing the goalies in the playoffs, I think he overworked Bob during the season and thats why he faded a bit at the end.

Also, he treated Z like ****. He gave up on him waaaaaaaaaaay to early in the season. He is NOT a 3rd line player, he is a 2nd line winger who can produce points but needs smart line mates, and he needs PP time.
People have said how much of a difference Zherdev was going to make, but he only has 3 points in the playoffs. The Flyers only had 2 power plays.

Here's his biggest issue: in Philadelphia, Laviolette matched up Briere's line with Chara and Seidenberg. In Boston, Claude Julien did the same thing. Classic "ur doin it wrong."

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:34 PM
infidelappel*

This team is an embarrassment right now.

If Holmgren doesn't make significant moves to address the goaltending issue, I don't even know if I can bear to watch this garbage again.

This team knows how royally screwed it is, game in and game out, and it shows. They completely gave up after Boosh got the hook. It's horribly demoralizing to know that you simply aren't being given a good enough roster - top to bottom - to compete.

Unless, of course, you're Chris Shafer. In which case the Flyers just need a TINY bit more depth, and the goalie becomes less important than the rest of the team.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:36 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
yea he can be replaced. Im just a fan of his energy and hard nosed play. For the right price id like to see him back. But i definately wont overpay for him. But id reather give him a caphit of 1.1 mil than shelley.
I know. Im not even really mad at him. Some players on this team are pissing me off though:

****ing Brian Boucher. I dont see how the team see's him as our damn starter.

Versteeg is a terrible and the only thing his fans keep bringing up is that he is a 20 goal scorer. Well thats great,he doesnt do anything else.

Blair Betts has to be hurt. His faceoffs are terrible and he just looks slow and tired.

Hartnell hasnt done ****. Liked him during the season for the most part but now he is sucking.

Hoping that one day Matt Carle ****ing learns to play defense. That would be great. I can care less he has 40 points during the regular season. The guy is a defender, not an offender.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:38 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I know. Im not even really mad at him. Some players on this team are pissing me off though. Obviously Boosh is. Versteeg is a terrible and the only thing his fans keep bringing up is that he is a 20 goal scorer. Well thats great,he doesnt do anything else. Blair Betts has to be hurt. His faceoffs are terrible and he just looks slow and tired. Hartnell hasnt done ****. Liked him during the season for the most part but now he is sucking. Hoping that one day Matt Carle ****ing learns to play defense. That would be great. I can care less he has 40 points during the regular season. The guy is a defender, not an offender.
Disagree about Matt Carle. He is a very good offender.

He offends my preference for defensive sensibilities every game.

HEYOOOO.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
I know. Im not even really mad at him. Some players on this team are pissing me off though.

****ing Brian Boucher. I dont see how the team see's him as our damn starter.

Versteeg is a terrible and the only thing his fans keep bringing up is that he is a 20 goal scorer. Well thats great,he doesnt do anything else.

Blair Betts has to be hurt. His faceoffs are terrible and he just looks slow and tired.

Hartnell hasnt done ****. Liked him during the season for the most part but now he is sucking.

Hoping that one day Matt Carle ****ing learns to play defense. That would be great. I can care less he has 40 points during the regular season. The guy is a defender, not an offender.
His defense is certainly offensive

edit: DAMN YOU INFIDEL

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:40 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Disagree about Matt Carle. He is a very good offender.

He offends my preference for defensive sensibilities every game.

HEYOOOO.
Might as well play him on ****ing offense, cause they dont know what their doing up there. He obviously doesnt know how to play defense.

Yea I didnt want to say forward. Offender sounded better in context.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Matt Carle is -8 in the playoffs. Good for 331st. And last.

Like we've always said, it's different when Chris Pronger isn't out there being his pacifier.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:43 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Matt Carle is -8 in the playoffs. Good for 331st. And last.

Like we've always said, it's different when Chris Pronger isn't out there being his pacifier.
But he's bringing the offense! Oh wait.. he's not even doing that. I have no idea what he's doing. He's just chilling out there I guess.

I'm already preparing myself for Homer to sign him for 5 years.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:45 PM
FLYERSFAN18

I would like to see all three of leino, versteeg and Carle traded for some picks to try to replenish our prospect pool a bit. I dont even really care that we traded a first and third for versteeg. I just dont want him to take up 3 mil in cap space next year. And im getting sick of seeing leino enter the zone only to hold onto the puck too long and turn it over! Just keep or top six forawrds and find some free agents, prospects or trades to fill the last three spots. I do like nodl, If hes ever gonna play again. And i wouldnt mind zherdev back in light of his recent play. He looks like he has figured it out a bit. Lavy just needs to give him more of a chance.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Mike2000z28

I say keep Zherdev if you can get him for 2mil. Get rid of versteeg(hasn't done anything to warrant what we gave away for him).

As for the goalie, This is what the Flyers will do. They will overpay for one of the goalies that are over the hill and we will back to square one. You need a YOUNG top goalie, even if you have to trade for him. Anyone you can sign this off season isn't that going to sign for what they are really worth. I wouldn't sign a goalie who is to old or past his prime. I think you have to trade for a good goalie since maybe besides Brzy there aren't any other alternatives and thats assuming he takes under 5 million a year.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:48 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
I say keep Zherdev if you can get him for 2mil. Get rid of versteeg(hasn't done anything to warrant what we gave away for him).

As for the goalie, This is what the Flyers will do. They will overpay for one of the goalies that are over the hill and we will back to square one. You need a YOUNG top goalie, even if you have to trade for him. Anyone you can sign this off season isn't that going to sign for what they are really worth. I wouldn't sign a goalie who is to old or past his prime. I think you have to trade for a good goalie since maybe besides Brzy there aren't any other alternatives and thats assuming he takes under 5 million a year.
You dont go giving up on Bob after his first season. All these other "young top goalies" havent shown **** either. They are all fluff at the moment. They are all based on potential which doesn't mean ****. I would 110% be happy with either Vokoun or even Bryz on this team next year.

GET A DAMN GOALIE HOMER. NOT BACKUP AFTER BACKUP.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:50 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Some people said roloson was too old, but look at what hes doing right now. looks just as good as any other goalie still left, other than maybe thomas in game 2

Old
05-04-2011, 10:51 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Go get vokoun to bridge the gap to when bob is ready.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:52 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
But he's bringing the offense! Oh wait.. he's not even doing that. I have no idea what he's doing. He's just chilling out there I guess.

I'm already preparing myself for Homer to sign him for 5 years.
He's what we always said he was - a glorified Randy Jones. He's just a little bit better at just a little bit more money (than what we were paying Jones at the time).

Hopefully a team like Columbus, Florida, Ottawa, etc. will look at some of this numbers, hear people talk about how he has the most even-strength points among defensemen, and bang down Holmgren's door. Then we can go and sign someone like Wisnewski or Bieksa and put some more nasty back on the blueline.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Mike2000z28

He is looking good, but the team in front of him is playing great. Reminds of me of how we were last year. Making the majority of saves you have to make assuming your playing a sound offensive and defensive game which the flyers were playing. Now that we aren't playing anything great, You see our goalies for who they are.

On a side note, i just can't believe how awesome it is to watch Rinne on Nashville! Holy crap he is like the equalizer in that series. Granted they lost in OT, but if it wasn't for him for the most part, it would be blowouts galore.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:54 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Still feel like **** about this loss. I thought they would be really challenged by Boston, by I never thought they'd be down 3-0 again with two of the games being blowouts. So frustating to think that after all the promise in December/January we now have to make history again or the season is over.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:55 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Roloson has made some save for them though. And he also doesnt give up two or three goals in the first five minutes of every other game

Old
05-04-2011, 10:56 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
You dont go giving up on Bob after his first season. All these other "young top goalies" havent shown **** either. They are all fluff at the moment. They are all based on potential which doesn't mean ****. I would 110% be happy with either Vokoun or even Bryz on this team next year.

GET A DAMN GOALIE HOMER. NOT BACKUP AFTER BACKUP.
It's not every day we see eye to eye on goaltending, but I'm with ya 100%.

Give me a starter who can play for the next 2-3 years. I think Bob could be the answer, he just needs time. Schneider, Bernier, et al are no more of a sure thing than Bob.

Old
05-04-2011, 11:03 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

If Tampa makes it to the Cup Finals with Roloson ....Holmgren needs to be crucified....

Snider should have canned Holmgren and begged Yzerman to manage this team.....his best move has been the coach who is damn good!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote