HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF|Game 4|Washington Capitals @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 05-04-2011 - 7:00PM

Old
05-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Bananas

vCash: 500
I'm 100% convinced Boudreau will be fired...now, about GMGM...that's a real interesting one imo.

Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
What did Pee-Air say?
Pee-Air went off on Semin at the end of the game. Caps were down 4-2. Semin got tangled up with another Cap and a Lightning player. Turned around and started *****ing his ass off to the ref, in the background you see St. Louis come on the ice (who would've been his man to play D on) and St. Louis scored on Neuvirth making it 5-2.

After showing that, Pee-Air just went off on Semin and said you have to get that kind of player and his mentality out of that locker room, can't win with that in the playoffs, yadda yadda yadda. It looked really bad on Semin and Pee-Air blasted him.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
SnowBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
I blame Bruce 100%

While you BB defenders want to act like the regular season is proof in the pudding that his system works, us "haters" (read: realists) noted that this Caps squad plays a style of game unlike any other successful NHL team.

It may not be borne out in the numbers, but I frankly don't care. This team RARELY manufactures hard goals that win you playoff games. They rely on individual skill and luck to win games, two things you simply can't rely on in the playoffs.

Furthermore, this entire squad has adopted Bruce's whiny attitude. Listening to Jeff Schultz attribute Tampa's lead after last game to bad bounces made me want to turn off the TV, because I knew then that the series was lost. Bruce has literally infected the minds of our players and I can only hope whoever we bring in gets rid of the egos and sense of entitlement these players have.
This is where I disagree. Many of our goals in this series were of the dirty kind. Way too many for a skilled team. Tampa's skill players always seemed to have more space or crisp passes and supporting players. Our guys were covered and had trouble finding space for shots. Either tampa's defence is good or our offensive positioning needs work.

I do agree that we need better grinders. Isn't this one of the largest teams in the East?

SnowBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:54 PM
DrPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananas View Post
The BB era which started with so much promise has now ended in epic failure...

...oh, the life of a Caps fan.

Cheer up though guys. It will be even sweeter when we do win someday.
This is weird for me. I started following the Caps on a thanksgiving weekend a couple years ago. My brother in law said they only had Ovi and I mentioned their other draft pick Backstrom might turn out to be a player. Yeap, first game I listened to on the radio driving out to the AirNSpace museum by Dulles was BB's first game.

DrPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:54 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBlue View Post
This is where I disagree. Many of our goals in this series were of the dirty kind. Way too many for a skilled team. Tampa's skill players always seemed to have more space or crisp passes and supporting players. Our guys were covered and had trouble finding space for shots. Either tampa's defence is good or our offensive positioning needs work.

I do agree that we need better grinders. Isn't this one of the largest teams in the East?
I agree...somewhere in the last summer, the Caps lost the ability to score the pretty goal with consistancy....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:55 PM
txpd

agree. its time to let the mentally fragile go. that would include 8 and 19. except that there's no support for that here and when it comes right down to it, those are the two biggest dogs on the roster and right now they are both mentally damaged goods. keep them and change everything else and you will end up in the same place.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:55 PM
DrPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Pee-Air went off on Semin at the end of the game. Caps were down 4-2. Semin got tangled up with another Cap and a Lightning player. Turned around and started *****ing his ass off to the ref, in the background you see St. Louis come on the ice (who would've been his man to play D on) and St. Louis scored on Neuvirth making it 5-2.

After showing that, Pee-Air just went off on Semin and said you have to get that kind of player and his mentality out of that locker room, can't win with that in the playoffs, yadda yadda yadda. It looked really bad on Semin and Pee-Air blasted him.
Semin was upset about the trip that prevented his break away. Pee-Air is annoying.

Old
05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Icetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i think there is a big wakeup call coming next season around here. yea, boudreau gets canned and with that many here will be expecting big things. they will be expecting that it was the coach and a new coach will fix it.

when its not fixed because its unfortunately in the character of too many of the core players, there will be some very unhappy people here. next season is going to be ugly.

the rangers series was the high water mark and its going to go downhill now for a while.
be prepared.

lets just start with what people expect to see from ovechkin and backstrom next season.
30 goals from Ov after this playoffs will not be seen as a good thing anymore.

This is rich.

How about BB supporters let another massive coaching failure sink in before predicting what will happen next year.

BB was a fraud. There were many of us who saw this very clearly during last years playoffs as well as throughout this up and down year. The man hid behind a conservative approach he knew nothing about, because he wanted to save his job. Nothing more.

He has no system that allowed for adjustments as he wasn't a student of the game as a player or as a coach.

As for next year being ugly. Take a look at the last two playoffs Caps fans have been subjected to.

That's what I call ugly.

Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sunnydaycrash

Props to Knuble who battled to the end as did OV.
The rest of em were either mediocre or invisible.
No blame to be thrown at Neuvy, Johnny,Alzner or Mojo.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Ovechkin was fine. In fact, after seeing Backstrom's playoffs, I think his play was a bigger factor in Ovie's down year than Ovie's sandbagging. 19 had an awful year, and he needs to be better if the Caps have any hope. 52 also needs to play better if he's going to stay at that salary.

05-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPP View Post
Semin was upset about the trip that prevented his break away. Pee-Air is annoying.
It wasn't that play he was talking about with Semin.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 09:58 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
agree. its time to let the mentally fragile go. that would include 8 and 19. except that there's no support for that here and when it comes right down to it, those are the two biggest dogs on the roster and right now they are both mentally damaged goods. keep them and change everything else and you will end up in the same place.
Ok now I think you're officially insane!
Bruce is that you ?

Old
05-04-2011, 09:58 PM
DrPP

Quote:
You're plan is to get rid of Ovi and Backstrom? Good call predicting people would be against that.

Old
05-04-2011, 09:59 PM
DrPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
It wasn't that play he was talking about with Semin.
I know. Semin dove on the play to try to get a makeup call and was upset there wasn't one. He was still upset about the previous non-call. At least, IMHO.

Old
05-04-2011, 09:59 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Oh bullsh*t dude. Ovy was the only guy who showed. I do believe Backstrom deserves a lot of criticism, but I don't see him or Ovy as mentally fragile like some others....like it or not, those are two career contracts that aren't getting moved.

How about you look at some of the other stars?

Old
05-04-2011, 10:00 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Ok now I think you're officially insane!
Bruce is that you ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPP View Post
You're plan is to get rid of Ovi and Backstrom? Good call predicting people would be against that.
He's just being difficult....haven't you guys learned to see through his nonsensical posts by now?

Old
05-04-2011, 10:01 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Oh bullsh*t dude. Ovy was the only guy who showed. I do believe Backstrom deserves a lot of criticism, but I don't see him or Ovy as mentally fragile like some others....like it or not, those are two career contracts that aren't getting moved.

Agreed Semin and Green to be precise.

Old
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Doom and ****ing glooooooooooooooom!

Langway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
sycamore

Quote:
They have absolutely have to make changes to the core personel. Green, Semin, and Schultz should all be gone. We need more Scott Hannan's....

Time to let the mentally fragile go...
Biggest and most difficult question for me is ...wth are we supposed to do about Backstrom?

sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:02 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananas View Post
I'm 100% convinced Boudreau will be fired...now, about GMGM...that's a real interesting one imo.
I'm not...

Old
pgreene

so when does training camp start?

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
He's just being difficult....haven't you guys learned to see through his nonsensical posts by now?
I did until that last post!

Old
DrPP

Quote:

Call me crazy but I think Backstrom was injured. Or he just hates BB and wants him gone. Backstrom really seemed to fear any bumps with others. His backdoor chance he played very awkwardly also. I just don't see how a guy goes from a horse to that without a real reason.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Bananas

The problem with keeping McPhee is that his bonds with the current players might make it hard for him to make the cold blooded hockey decisions that are going to be necessary in the coming months.

The good thing is that if I'm a GM or coach looking for a job, the Caps are at the top of my list.

Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 10:03 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

For the people still on Semin, maybe he does need to go, but he was a much smaller problem than either 19 or 52 this playoffs. So, I would be more worried about that 10 year contract right now.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote