HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers to Buy out Drury and Avery?

Old
05-05-2011, 11:11 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Rangers to Buy out Drury and Avery?

Usually I wouldn't post Eklund's crap but this actually makes sense espically if as speculated they plan to go after Richards the extra cap space would be a huge in helping them land him.

and if they did buy them out where do you think Avery and Deuey could land?

he also talks about the rangers listening to offers on amisonov (sp?)

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:22 PM
ecemleafs

hes just stating already discussed information. i'd imagine the rangers might hold off on avery. his cap hit isnt an albatross at 1.9m and hes very good friends with brad richards.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:23 PM
ecemleafs

as for the anisimov thing, schoenfeld said we want to get an "elite" player through trade. if ur going to do that u have to give up assets so eklund is throwing his idea out there and hoping he's right.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:25 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Again, it's Eklund speculating, per usual.

Oh, and Wolski would probably be bought out before Avery. It costs much less.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:31 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Usually I wouldn't post Eklund's crap but this actually makes sense espically if as speculated they plan to go after Richards the extra cap space would be a huge in helping them land him.

I can see LA having interest in Drury. Lombardi tried to sign him as an UFA years ago and with Handzus likely not back, LA could use Drury as a PK and faceoff guy. Plus Smyth is gone after 2011-12 so adding a vet like Drury may not be bad, for the right price-CHEAP

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Blueland89

I could see Atlanta throwing there hat in for any of those players in particularly Anisimov and Avery.

I would actually love to see Klingberg - Cormier - Avery line would be dangerous

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Kaen

I think they are more likely to be buried. I don't think NY is worried about the money, where buying them out will count against the cap.

Kaen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:44 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
I think they are more likely to be buried. I don't think NY is worried about the money, where buying them out will count against the cap.
Again - Drury cannot be buried. He has a NMC, which would prevent reassignment to the AHL. Avery, on the other hand, doesn't. But really - would YOU want a disgruntled Sean Avery around your prospects?

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:44 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Chris Drury buyout from CapGeek.com

2011-12: $3,716,667
2012-13: $1,666,667

Sean Avery buyout from CapGeek.com

2011-12: $1,208,333
2012-13: $1,333,333

both players are UFA after the 2012 season

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:48 PM
mcsauer2738

Well Eklund must be reading the rangers board and he must have seen schoenfelds comment that, "you have a 21-22 year old center pair him with a 1st round pick and you may receive elite talent towards the end of their contract."

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Street Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post

I don't think they will. I think most teams, if they have a bad contract on the roster with multiple years left are better to just go into this final season with that player until the new CBA is hammered out.

One of the things that the owners might be looking to get is a lower buyout rate for contracts. Let the player's keep their guaranteed deals, but lower the buyout rate to 1/3 or 40% of the remaining value of the deal. I mean, 2/3 for not living up to expectations.....

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Again, it's Eklund speculating, per usual.
Actually, it's Eklund recycling old news that was previously reported about two weeks ago by several of the NY media sources and selling it on his website as some inside information he just uncovered.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 07:11 AM
RogerRoeper*

Wouldn't that mean Avery could be paid by 3 teams if he's signed by someone else?

I doubt they buy-out both though. That's a hell of a lot of cap room taken for years to come on buy-outs.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I'm sure that the Hawks would be interested in Drury. Depends on the $$

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Wouldn't that mean Avery could be paid by 3 teams if he's signed by someone else?

I doubt they buy-out both though. That's a hell of a lot of cap room taken for years to come on buy-outs.
I'm fairly confident that if NYR buyout Avery, they have to buyout his entire contract. Just like any team that trades for him gets his full contract, not just what NYR are paying for him.

It makes it really unfeasible for him to be on the move.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I'm sure that the Hawks would be interested in Drury. Depends on the $$
Can the Hawks afford him? Or are you talking about a deadline deal?

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov 28 View Post
Can the Hawks afford him? Or are you talking about a deadline deal?
He's saying if he was an FA after being bought out.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 02:29 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50

Eklund must have a time machine that he uses to generate his rumors.

Unfortunately, rather than going forward in time to tell us what will happen, he decided to go back two weeks and tell us what was rumored by legitimate sources then!

azrok22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 02:46 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I'm fairly confident that if NYR buyout Avery, they have to buyout his entire contract. Just like any team that trades for him gets his full contract, not just what NYR are paying for him.

The buyout for Avery would be the same as any other buyout, but the Rangers and Stars divide Avery's buyout evenly.

Quote:
Because Avery was acquired off reentry waivers, the "buyout" and "buyout cap hit" columns appearing below are split between the waiving and claiming team.
Sean Avery buyout from CapGeek.com
2011-12: $1,208,333
2012-13: $1,333,333

Divide each buyout by two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper;
No it's not, and it's only for 1 extra year. Both Avery and Drury's contracts expire at the end of this year, if they were bought out, the Rangers would save like $6-8 million this year, at the expense of $2-3 million next year. That's a pretty fair consequence.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:01 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post

No, but the buy out will effect both, the Rangers and Stars (actually be doing the Stars a favor - lowering actual salary hit of $2mil to $2/3mil) and helping the Stars to be able to resign Brad Richards!

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:27 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
I guess he's been reading the Rangers forum and other people's information and recanting it as his own. This guy is trash. Besides it doesn't make sense to buyout Drury or Avery, only Wolski and he'd state that if he had any original thought.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 03:33 PM
zeus3007*

Drury it makes sense for, and Eklund obviously didn't have to think too long or hard about it. Avery on the other hand makes little sense. He is friends with a UFA that they want badly. He is among the top pests in the league, and he has some skill for a bottom six player. There is no reason to move him at all, let alone buy him out. Unless he is still hated in the locker room of course.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:21 PM
gotmonte

wait, so EKLUND SAYS we will buy out drury and avery and THAT MAKES SENSE AND HE MAKES MONEY FOR THIS, yet EVERY rangers fan has said the same thing and basically torts said the same TYPE of thing in his exit speech.

WHY does Eklund make sense and why do people pay for this ****. Its in EVERY NEWSPAPER IN NEW YORK since they bowed the hell out of the playoffs.

I am NOT bashing the OP. Please dont take it that way. I just cant understand why people EVEN VISIT THE DAMN SITE. I didnt come in here to see what eklund had to say. But to type this in HOPES some of you guys STOP VISITING HIS SITE.

If he keeps getting hits on his site, sponsors will want to pay him to have their name up there since they can generate some business because all you dopes keep hitting his site up.

I rather come on HERE in THIS SECTION to read about rumors before I would hit that jackass'es website

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:27 PM
gotmonte

I dont see LA wanting him NOW. Back when he was a Free Agent? Sure. At the "right price" not at the albatross amount the Rangers paid him. He would have been a good target. Good locker room guy. Big team guy. Willing to do ANYTHING the coach wants him to do for the betterment of the "team".

But now? He is washed up. I hate to say that. Yes he CAN score that big goal (look, he came back early to help the rangers even MAKE the playoffs with that big goal of his in game 82!) but a guy that pots lets say 8 GOALS A YEAR is not really worth it. But hey, you want to trade for him, BE MY GUESS. We will take back a 7th rounder and anyone with a cap hit of 2 mill or under.

Old
05-06-2011, 08:29 PM
gotmonte

I didnt know Avery was a BIG FRIEND OF RICHARDS. Now THAT is something that makes Avery WELL WORTH staying on this team for.

If HE can land us Richards, he was worth his weight in GOLD!