HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blockbuster between Caps and Pens

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
The problem is this trade is not big enough. It needs to be HUGE. Therefore:

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green, Neuvirth

for

Malkin, Staal, Letang, Fleury

Boom.
And that my friends, is a blockbuster.

Old
05-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
I can't see either team doing it.

Malkin, Neal and Kennedy for Ovechkin and Johansson; how's that for value?

Old
05-04-2011, 06:21 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I can't see either team doing it.

Malkin, Neal and Kennedy for Ovechkin and Johansson; how's that for value?
As with the OP, if Ovechkin was 3 notches better than Malkin as opposed to like, half a notch then yeah.

Old
05-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Doaner19

It actually kinda makes sense for both teams, but neither does it. Ovechkin - Crosby - Neal would be the most ridiculous line in the last couple decades and it would make Washington and extremely solid cup contender for many years to come. It's actually too bad it won't happen...

Old
05-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doaner19 View Post
It actually kinda makes sense for both teams, but neither does it. Ovechkin - Crosby - Neal would be the most ridiculous line in the last couple decades and it would make Washington and extremely solid cup contender for many years to come. It's actually too bad it won't happen...
lol, Neal would be in heaven. The guy hasn't been anything special though.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:23 PM
100angryvikings

Interesting proposal, but neither side has the balls to do this.

Would be something to see Ovi and Crosby on the same team though

Old
05-04-2011, 10:28 PM
ds246pit

Penguins say no. They will be going for the cup next year and nothing about Ovechkin says cup winner

Old
05-04-2011, 10:37 PM
mpp9

Sid plays better with simple north/south players. Hes a gm's dream in that regard as he doesnt require alot of help to produce.

Kunitz-sid-tk
neal-geno-xxx
cooke-staal-xxx

is about as good as a team can be constructed in the cap era. All out assault on the league if malkin returns to 100 pt form and staal progresses.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Auzzie19

Not to jinx anything, but Crosby aint even worth kyle Wellwood right now he is not looking too well with the concussion symptoms.

Pitt would accept Ovi for Malkin and Staal no questions.

Old
05-04-2011, 10:54 PM
gotmonte

I just had to come in here to LOL.

The OP wanted to have Ovie traded?

I would trade the ENTIRE NEW YORK RANGERS, AND ALL THE MONEY DOLAN HAS TO JUST "RENT" ovie for a month.

For the fan that said Ovie is LAZY. ?????!!! Are you KIDDING ME? DId you watch him DESTROY the rangers in the p.o's? I am a RANGERS FAN and I CRINGED each time he touched the puck. He blasts through ANY PLAYER (even our BEST IN STAAL) and scored at will. As for him being in the dumps when things dont go his way or things go bad? He scored MULTIPLE TIMES when the Rangers had leads DEEEEEP into the 3rd period where he could have just felt "sorry for himself"". He TOOK OVER and scored to kill the rangers.

Ovie is NOT lazy. Shot like 20 shots on goal per game or something rediculous like that. He is SUCH A POWER SKATER and his shot is SO QUICK, SO DEADLY, SO ACCURATE.

I guess being a Flamers fan, you dont watch Ovie that much and THATS why you think that way? Maybe you watched round two and seen something DIFFERENT than I did? I dont know.

Has the Washing machines done anything in the playoffs since he has been there? NOPE. Did THIS YEAR in the Regular season Ovie had less numbers? Hell yes. And WHY? Because the coach made him buy into a DEFENSE FIRST attitude and to leave the hotdogging in the locker room where they thought it belonged. I think Ovechkin is AT HIS BEST when he is given FREE RANGE OF MOTION and let him do his thing. Same thing as Marion Gaborik. He sucked this year cause coach made him buy into block shots, back checking. Thats NOT THEIR GAME. If they played like that from the getgo in college/overseas they WOULDNT BE WHO THEY ARE NOW. They are SUPERSTARS because they KNOW HOW TO PLAY OFFENSIVELY. Let them be offensive. Let the other players WHO ARENT SUPERSTARS play the "entire game" (defense/offense) since they are not good at just one thing. Ovechkin is PAID TO SCORE AND PUT PEOPLE IN THE STANDS. Not to backcheck and be a drone.

Last edited by gotmonte: 05-04-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old
05-05-2011, 07:21 AM
PensBeerGeek

Send a message via AIM to PensBeerGeek Send a message via Yahoo to PensBeerGeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahsen Mian View Post
Not to jinx anything, but Crosby aint even worth kyle Wellwood right now he is not looking too well with the concussion symptoms.

Pitt would accept Ovi for Malkin and Staal no questions.
So, your logic is that if Sidney Crosby is somehow useless, then it would be sensible, almost imperative, that the Pens trade away their other 2 centers?

If a GM job comes open this summer, I beg you to put in a resume!

Closed Thread