HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Seguin for Bogosian

Old
05-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Isles_Guy*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Best case scenario? He becomes a shut-down defenseman with 40 or more points offensively.
You're basing his "Bad Play" on strictly point totals and +/-. Well, hard to put up points this year when you play on the #1 shut-down pair with Oduya. Yes, he was bad at the beginning of the year, but turned it around when Enstrom got hurt and was given a little more responsibility with more offensive ice time.

At the beginning of last year he was very good and then hurt his hand and never fully recovered from it.
See Duke once again you dont disappoint me, I knew exactly what your response would be. lets take a look at the plus minus figures of atlanta's top 6 defenders shall we

Hainsey +3
Byfuglien -2
Enstrom -10
Oduya -15
Bogosian -27
Stuart Even

What do we see ? We see that the other top 5 defenders on the thrashers are a combined -24 and Bogosian by himself is a -27

Now admitedly plus minus isnt a perfect stat, but when one player is a team worst -27 and his single plus minus is worse than the other top 5 combined that certainly tells us SOMETHING. especially since they play in front of the same Goalie, and against the same team, and its kind of counter productive to play by far your 2 worst plus minus defenders as the #1 shut-down pair with Oduya is it not? that is kinda like having the fox guard your chickens.

Only you could say that tells us hes a shut-down defenseman Hell his plus minus is almost twice as bad as Oduya's, thats a shut-down defenseman?

And thank you Zeus3007 for the kind words

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 05-04-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Z-Diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
I suppose my question would be if Tyler makes the turn how much offensive production can we expect in a best case scenario? He looks to be regulated to 2nd pair PP time behind Krejci and Bergeron for the time being. More of a concern would be that he's in the press box.

Funny how it's ok to have concerns about one guy and not the other. Even though the performance of both has been below expectations.
Not in it for the argument, but the question was not directed to taken in context as a doubt of Zach, hence why I honestly stated that I have not seen much of his play, just because I chose to ask of only one player shouldn't discredit my post for some bias

Both have numerous questions that still need to be answered, it was not an intended knock toward Bogosian, hell I think he is a good defenseman and can be a great one

Z-Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:12 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
See Duke once again you dont disappoint me, I knew exactly what your response would be. lets take a look at the plus minus figures of atlanta's top 6 defenders shall we

Hainsey +3
Byfuglien -2
Enstrom -10
Oduya -15
Bogosian -27
Stuart Even

What do we see ? We see that the other top 5 defenders on the thrashers are a combined -24 and Bogosian by himself is a -27

Now admitedly plus minus isnt a perfect stat, but when one player is a team worst -27 and his single plus minus is worse than the other top 5 combined that certainly tells us SOMETHING. especially since they play in front of the same Goalie, and against the same team, and its kind of counter productive to play by far your 2 worst plus minus defenders as the #1 shut-down pair with Oduya is it not? that is kinda like having the fox guard your chickens.

Only you could say that tells us hes a shut-down defenseman Hell his plus minus is almost twice as bad as Oduya's, thats a shut-down defenseman?

So how many times did you watch Bogosian play this year? Two, maybe three times???

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
PlayMakers

This proposal is DOA.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

not getting into the bogosian debate because as one of the only atlanta fans that defended him during his bad play this year and didn't want to trade him then it's obvious how i would answer now.

as for seguin, i wouldn't want to give bogosian up for him even if bogosian was the bust everyone outside of atlanta thinks he is simply because we already have burmistrov and little, one of which is currnetly better than seguin and the other has been compared to datsyuk and has a good chance at becoming every bit as good as seguin will be, as well as the fact that we will likely draft another center this year. don't see the point of trading for something we don't really need.

now if seguin where a RW on the other hand, i'd be all over it and just draft another defenseman in this draft.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:25 PM
dubey
Outrage Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Who the **** in Sequin? I've heard of Seguin in Boston.
I've seen that posted by so many people on this board. It can't be a typo because I doubt they're all stupid. I'm assuming it's a nickname?

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:38 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I don't know who in Sequin. Maybe Sequin in a distant cousin to Anna Paquin? Do you think that in a possibility?

I wouldn't be so quick to jump at people who can't get down the difference between a 'g' and a 'q' if you can't tell the difference between and 'n' and a 's'
Mine was a typo. I've seen a lot of people type his name as Sequin, I'm really not sure why.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
So how many times did you watch Bogosian play this year? Two, maybe three times???
Id say 10 to 12, considering he was The Guy I wanted my Isles to draft when he came out, until the thrashers grabbed him. he is somebody Ive watched with interest. I honestly dont see the same player out there that i did in his rookie year. I thought he was a future star back then and now he is tentative and indecisive.

Maybe it was being injured or maybe he needs a change of scenery, but to me he's simply not the player he once was

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:50 PM
jazznik
Thrashers forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post

Hainsey +3
Byfuglien -2
Enstrom -10
Oduya -15
Bogosian -27
Stuart Even

Bogosian was asked to play more of a shutdown role this season, something he seemd to stuggle with to start the season. He and Oduya were also given tough minutes against the oppositon's better players. This goes some way to explain his bad stats.

But the simple fact is that Bogosian was poor for the first half of the season, he seemed to be unhappy about losing some ice time to Byfuglien and had a fall out with the defensive coach. Most Thrasher fans were happy when Bogosian was scratched.

BUT, that seemed to wake him up and he came back in the 2nd half much improved and probably the Thrashers 2nd best d-man behind Enstrom. The stats just don't tell the whole story, and unless you watched Bogosian all season then it's unlikely you will know how much he improved from the start of the season to the end. His defensive game (which had been his weakness so far in his early career) was much improved. We already know that he has got great offensive potential so seeing his defensive game improve leaves most Thrashers fans happy that Bogosian will still be a great d-man.

Bogosian's upside is still huge, he's still only 20 and he has shown in stretches what sort of player he can be, he just needs to put it all together. I think a Seguin for Bogosian swap is pretty close value wise.

jazznik is offline   Reply With Quote