HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Two Important Hab Players Missing from last year

Old
05-04-2011, 09:45 PM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
I don't care about Bergeron, he wouldn't have make a difference against Boston.

I agree with Moore.

And I'm even more pissed off with the fact Habs let go Lapierre since we had him in the lineup at teh start of the year. The guy was amazing in the playoffs last year, and is very valuable for Vancouver this year.

I think the Habs may have win against Boston with him in the lineup instead of Pyatt... After all, only 1 or 2 more goals were needed.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 11:44 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Dom Moore was/is a stud. The perfect playoff run pickup and also a very serviceable 2nd liner (in case of injury/suspension/etc) and a very solid 3rd liner.

I really wished we could keep him. Solid pickup by Stevie Y.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:45 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

yeah, everybody loved dominic moore, but if he was still there, there is no darche or halpern. and him leaving made space for youngins like eller or dd to try to prove themselves.

i miss him, but it was for the common good

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Woland

Wiz was there to replace MAB but he could not really because of his broken hand

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:14 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Yea.

I guess Gauthier did not want to commit 2 years to Moore but he was great for last in last year's playoffs.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:16 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Pretty sure the only thing we were missing was Markov and Gorges.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Phozzwald

Well with Markov, Gorges, and Maxpac I don't think this series would have even went to 7 games I think Boston would be finished in 5 and we'd probably be on our way to the east final now like Tampa Bay. But the question is who are the 2 players we are missing from last year.

Max Lapierre - Lappy was exactly what we needed for Boston. Hes a super pest and Boston is full of hot heads. Would have made them take a lot of penalties and our PP was pretty good against the Bruins scoring 6 times. Also if any of you have watched any of the Canucks games, he is having a great playoff. The guy works like a dog, hes 55% on faceoffs which was better then every Hab besides Halpern. and hes created chances for the Canucks. Really could use him.

Dominic Moore - I thought we should have kept this last summer. Halpern was a good replacement for him but IMO Moore is the better player and played great for us in the playoffs last year and is doing it again for Tampa this year.

Phozzwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Would you have wanted MAB to play as a forward again?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Pretty sure the only thing we were missing was Markov and Gorges.
Max Pacioretty ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
For sure!!

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
14-10-24 in 37 games would have definitely helped in the playoffs, especially in a 6'2" 208lbs package that skates like the wind.

The last 6 weeks before getting hurt 19 GP 11-6-17(not including the 1st period of the Boston game)

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Moore was replaced by Halpern... adequately though? Moore is a far better player than Halpern right now, he just brings a lot more. I wished we kept Moore last year, and when I see how good he plays this year I'm annoyed that we didn't.

As others said... MAB hell no. In case you didn't notice our PP was very good overall in the playoffs. What we certaily didn't need was ANOTHER dman that had a hard time at 5v5. Having Mara, Sopel and Spacek (hell, maybe even Gill) was enough.
Halpern was hurt, which was just bad luck. So hard to compare.

The thing people forget is that last year we had TWO veteran bottom six centers. Ladies and Gentleman, Glen Metropolit!

I think the fact that our bottom six was so young was not exactly a positive.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:19 PM
bipolarhabfan

I think we missing a player by the name of Good Health. He would of done wonders against the Bruins. A healthy Patches, Markov and Gorges means the series is likely over in five of six. As well, many of the players that were playing the series seemed to be playing with injuries (Wiz, Eller and PK to name a few).

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Pleky Roks

MAB was not missed one bit by the Habs. Moore was a guy the Habs could have used in the playoffs and a guy like Metropolit too. Halpern was good, but we needed 1 or 2 guys like him to make any noise in the playoffs. We were too young and inexperienced on the 3rd and 4th lines this year, which is why we didn't make it past the first round.

MAB never added anything to the Habs, except a slapshot. I'd much rather Sopel and Weber over MAB anyday....at least Weber and Sopel can play defence.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
IMO the two players that we sure missed in this years playoffs (that really helped us last year) were Dominic Moore And Marc Andre Bergeron. I don`t think Mab is geting much icetime this year with Tampa, but he sure BLASTED HOME some important goals for us agint both the Caps and the Pens. And it`s just painful to watch Dominic Moore winning faceoffs,digging in the corners and winning one on one battles, assisting on huge goals and scoring the odd one as well ,for the Tampa Bay Lightning. Habs gave up a 2nd rounder for him and the just let him walk away for NOTHING IN RETURN ! Yeah I`m still frustrated...........
People on this board are so ridiculous. Let's just completely forget that Halpern, the guy we brought in to replace Moore, scored a huge third period goal in Game 5 to tie it up and eventually send the game to overtime (after doing fantastic work off the faceoff, in the boards and the corners, to get the goal).

I mean...are you serious? Yep, everyone we let go is amazing and everyone on our team sucks and does nothing.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote