HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Col

Old
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
hockeygeek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
No he wasn't better than Stastny on both ends, and I can dispute that. You see a bunch of Avs games I take it? Let me guess, "I saw 10 plus Avs games. I have league pass" no. Sorry.

And calling Kulemin a high scoring winger after 1 good season is asinine.

As an Oiler fan I'd consider trading the first overall pick for Stastny. But you're right, Kulemin is worth more than the 1st overall pick.
really...I have seasons tickets to the Oilers and Kuly would be your top winger hands down. Obviously I also watched the Avs a few times and the gap between Grabbo and Stastny is not very big. I love how you add your own hyperbole to everything I say...nice touch

hockeygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:54 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
really...I have seasons tickets to the Oilers and Kuly would be your top winger hands down. Obviously I also watched the Avs a few times and the gap between Grabbo and Stastny is not very big. I love how you add your own hyperbole to everything I say...nice touch

Hands down best winger.... That's hilarious. Do you ever wonder why every single one of your posts people argue with you?

And season tickets to the Oilers huh? Yea.... I'm sure you do. You spend most of your time in the Leafs forum, but yea, you have season tickets to the Oilers. Hell, we'll even say you do. Doesn't matter to me or change the fact your posts are laughable.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:35 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
He was last year at both ends of the ice. You can't dispute that. Moving a high scoring winger for a high scoring centre is a lateral move for any team that doesn't have a surplus of high scoring wingers
Oh I think I can. Stastny's points per game was better than Grabo's, for example. And until Stastny got AHL quality wingers like Porter and Stoa that caused his slump, Stastny was on his usual ~PPG pace. Meanwhile Grabo has had one year in which he's even been close to Stastny's numbers.

Not to mention that Stastny is a superb defender, matched against top opposition every night (his qual comp is .033 according to behind the net, 2nd on the team, highest among forwards. Grabo's is .017). To state Grabo is a better defender is laughable, and it's probably only because you're looking at +/-.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:37 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
Oh I think I can. Stastny's points per game was better than Grabo's, for example. And until Stastny got AHL quality wingers like Porter and Stoa that caused his slump, Stastny was on his usual ~PPG pace. Meanwhile Grabo has had one year in which he's even been close to Stastny's numbers.

Not to mention that Stastny is a superb defender, matched against top opposition every night (his qual comp is .033 according to behind the net, 2nd on the team, highest among forwards. Grabo's is .017). To state Grabo is a better defender is laughable, and it's probably only because you're looking at +/-.
I just talked to hockeygeek and he says he has season tickets to the Avs and that Grabovski would be your best forward hands down.

Old
05-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
It still lacks Emilio
The Toronto offers have been mor in the Joe Estavez range.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:51 PM
hockeygeek

Quote:

Your gonna throw this stat at me and then tell me that +/- doesn't matter. Did you know that QOC is based on opposing players +/-. It doesn't take into account ANY other intangibles.

Old
05-05-2011, 02:53 PM
hockeygeek

Quote:
I just talked to hockeygeek and he says he has season tickets to the Avs and that Grabovski would be your best forward hands down.
I think it's hilarious that I have seasons to the Oilers and I'm a Leafs fan. I'll sell you the Avs tickets for 300 a pop since you have a man crush on Stastny

Old
05-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Maria Sharapova

anyone bashing Kulemin is going to be eating their words next year he's only going to get better. That said Stastny fills a need of ours but i'd be extremely hesitant to let go of Kulemin now.

Maria Sharapova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:55 PM
RStar*

Quote:
I think it's hilarious that I have seasons to the Oilers and I'm a Leafs fan. I'll sell you the Avs tickets for 300 a pop since you have a man crush on Stastny
I have a man crush on Stastny because I think hes better than Grabovski? That's pretty funny.

Todays work day is just dragging by. So so slow, with 3 and a half more hours to go. You're the only bright spot in my day right now. Please, keep posting in this thread.

Old
05-05-2011, 03:00 PM
hockeygeek

So ironically if Grabbo was playing against Stastny his QOC would be deemed weak because Stastny had a -7 last year. I'm not hacking on Stastny, I'm just making a point

Old
05-05-2011, 03:01 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Kessel, Kulemin, and Grabovski will all outscore Stastny next season. Thats a TMB guarantee. You can take it to the bank.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:03 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'm confused... you're of neutral party.... you lack anything that makes you look like a Leafs fan, but this would be like me saying Hemsky + 3rd rounder for St. Louis.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:03 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOMUCHBREWER View Post
Kessel, Kulemin, and Grabovski will all outscore Stastny next season. Thats a TMB guarantee. You can take it to the bank.
They'll probably outscore Crosby as well.

We're talking about combined scores here right? Because otherwise no. Not a chance in hell.

Stastny is basically a point per game player over his career, but you're right, 3 Maple Leafs will outscore him.

Old
05-05-2011, 03:04 PM
TSA0402

Just one year ago, Grabovski as a young unestablished player scored 10 goals. Now people are comparing him to a #1 center? TMB Guarantee! I don't know whats more hilarious, that saying or your prediction.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookIt View Post
anyone bashing Kulemin is going to be eating their words next year he's only going to get better. That said Stastny fills a need of ours but i'd be extremely hesitant to let go of Kulemin now.
Are you suggesting a 7 month older Stastny is on the decline and won't get any better? If Kulemin can get better, why can't Stastny? They're both young players, but Stastny has proven more than Kulemin in the NHL to this point. Nobody can legitimately argue that Kulemin is a better hockey player.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Just one year ago, Grabovski as a young unestablished player scored 10 goals. Now people are comparing him to a #1 center? TMB Guarantee! I don't know whats more hilarious, that saying or your prediction.
Quote:

We're talking about combined scores here right? Because otherwise no. Not a chance in hell.

Stastny is basically a point per game player over his career, but you're right, 3 Maple Leafs will outscore him.
TMB is an Avs fan and he likes working people up. Don't worry, he's not serious

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Your gonna throw this stat at me and then tell me that +/- doesn't matter. Did you know that QOC is based on opposing players +/-. It doesn't take into account ANY other intangibles.
I'm well aware. while it's flawed, it's a far better measurement of a player's QOC than nothing. It's also better than comparing +/- in a vacuum.

You've not brought any other stats to the table backing up your claim that Grabo is better than Stastny defensively. It's just you saying so. I'm still waiting for you to make a coherent explanation of why you think Grabo is so much better defensively. I've given you quite reasonable support for Stastny being better than Grabo at both end last year, his worst year.

Old
05-05-2011, 03:10 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:

Each of them individually will outscore Stastny. Stastny has not been a PPG player. He's been close at times but his point totals have steadily declined since he stopped hiding behind Joe Sakic.

Maybe if Duchene has a 100 point season Stastny will get back above 75 points.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:11 PM
RStar*

Quote:
I'm well aware. while it's flawed, it's a far better measurement of a player's QOC than nothing. It's also better than comparing +/- in a vacuum.

You've not brought any other stats to the table backing up your claim that Grabo is better than Stastny defensively. It's just you saying so. I'm still waiting for you to make a coherent explanation of why you think Grabo is so much better defensively. I've given you quite reasonable support for Stastny being better than Grabo at both end last year, his worst year.
Hes got season tickets bro. To both teams.

Old
05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOMUCHBREWER View Post
Each of them individually will outscore Stastny. Stastny has not been a PPG player. He's been close at times but his point totals have steadily declined since he stopped hiding behind Joe Sakic.

Maybe if Duchene has a 100 point season Stastny will get back above 75 points.
His scoring has steadily declined yet last year (2009/2010) was his highest scoring year at 79 points?

Stastny has not been a ppg player yet he scored 71 points in 66 games in 07-08?

Facts suck don't they?

Old
05-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Maria Sharapova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
Are you suggesting a 7 month older Stastny is on the decline and won't get any better? If Kulemin can get better, why can't Stastny? They're both young players, but Stastny has proven more than Kulemin in the NHL to this point. Nobody can legitimately argue that Kulemin is a better hockey player.
RELAX... learn to read. I didn't say he's the better hockey player I just was stating that he is not getting enough credit in this thread at all. Stastny has proven more you're correct but since hes proven more it will be hard for him to get alot better(more it'll be fine tuneing). You're are a fool if you think that his ceiling is alot higher then Kulemin's.

Maria Sharapova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:18 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
His scoring has steadily declined yet last year (2009/2010) was his highest scoring year at 79 points?

Stastny has not been a ppg player yet he scored 71 points in 66 games in 07-08?

Facts suck don't they?
TMB is trolling you. She is an Avs fan, and poking fun at the spurious trends tossed around by leafs fans.

Old
05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
TMB is an Avs fan and he likes working people up. Don't worry, he's not serious
I should thank him for a good laugh. Need to watch out for those TMB Guarantees.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
hockeygeek

Quote:

I think it's safe to say that neither one of us will convince each other differently no matter what we say

Old
05-05-2011, 03:21 PM
RStar*

Quote:
TMB is trolling you. She is an Avs fan, and poking fun at the spurious trends tossed around by leafs fans.
I know. I'm just wasting time at work. Plus its nice to put some stats out there for the few TO fans who actually think Grabo is better.