HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

The GM debate

Old
05-08-2011, 12:44 PM
bonzaibondra12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post
Keeping Semin only extends the team problems. This guy is a disease for the team. not seen as a team player, only an IGM guy. Guy needs to go before anyone else, period. Waste of ice space for real players that want to be on the ice.
A disease? Can someone explain to me how a guy plays so well in the Rangers series, then becomes a disease.

Everyone sans OV sucked in the TBL series. Are we trading the whole team, since they are diseases?

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Atlas

Ted thinks he's a great owner.

If the standard is winning NHL Championships then Ted is a loser owner. A very bad owner. A clueless owner.

Until many more fans impress this fact on him he will refuse to see it--and nothing will change.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Atlas

Trading Semin might be fine if part of a coherent blueprint. But there is no coherent blueprint is there? You could've added Jonathan Toews to this team and they would've been swept by TB.

Old
05-08-2011, 04:00 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Trading Semin might be fine if part of a coherent blueprint. But there is no coherent blueprint is there? You could've added Jonathan Toews to this team and they would've been swept by TB.
Nonsense....the players are as culpable as Bruce and George.

The players need a big dose of "look in the mirror" too....

I don't buy that with an altered team chemistry with less "quit" in their heart would have resulted in the same outcome...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 04:12 PM
txpd

bad owner, weak gm, clown coach, selfish underachieving stars, role players with no heart. losers to the core, all of them. that about sums it up.

time for summer.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 04:16 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
bad owner, weak gm, clown coach, selfish underachieving stars, role players with no heart. losers to the core, all of them. that about sums it up.

time for summer.

Really dude....you continue to make these posts? Your sarcasm is lost here....just not amusing.

Old
05-08-2011, 04:36 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Ted thinks he's a great owner.

If the standard is winning NHL Championships then Ted is a loser owner. A very bad owner. A clueless owner.

Until many more fans impress this fact on him he will refuse to see it--and nothing will change.
Lol, man. You almost sounds like you are hysterical here. I mean someone cast a true resurrection spell on Abe and bring him back to run the team, heh.

05-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Lol, man. You almost sounds like you are hysterical here. I mean someone cast a true resurrection spell on Abe and bring him back to run the team, heh.

Nah--it just comes across that way. I'm a very relaxed Dude. I just see what's in store for the team and it ain't good. We've all "invested" time in the Caps--it's like losing your shirt on a bad stock--but it's not the losing, it's the refusal to take action to correct it that baffles me.

I'm not sarcastic or overstating. I mean every word.

Old
05-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Atlas

Oh sorry CapsCup, I thought the sarcasm note was addressed to me.

Old
05-08-2011, 05:40 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Semin, while scoring, did not do enough of the small stuff a forward with ice time needs to do.

Understood he's not going to hit. But he can control the things that are about mental toughness and hickey sense. He, like backstrom, reached for a lot of pucks instead of using his body to win battles. He'd shoot for corners instead of shooting for rebounds. And he would not stop consistently in front of the net. He'd blow behind the goal many times. Yeah he went there on the 5 on 3 during the scramble... Woooo!

Semin and backstrom both had several plays like fehr's "error". But there's occurred throughout the zones. Stickhandling in our zone, both of them, led to goals. At least fehr was trying to clear along the boards.
Boudreau's disdain for Fehr seems personal for reasons mentioned. He made one mistake that wasn't even that egregious and was benched for it after having shown to be productive while superstars continued to make ridiculous mistakes and contribute nothing offensively.

Maybe Bruce was always the little guy that had to work for everything and resents Fehr for being a "skilled" forward who doesn't use his size as well as he could.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
Nonsense....the players are as culpable as Bruce and George.

Man, I really don't see it that way. Everybody says Boudreau is a player's coach, meaning he is light on practice and fun to play for; but I think the player's realize by now that he gets out coached regularly. The PP is the premiere example. It's awful and Boudreau has done nothing to change it. I've never seen that happen in the NHL before--in 30+ years of watching it.

For some reason, the Caps players don't speak out. Maybe they are "character" nice guys and McPhee likes it that way. The players seem to have passive personalities--they don't love conflict. Scott Stevens wouldn't fit on this team. Dale Hunter wouldn't either. They would tell Boudreau to fix the PP or else. Eric Fehr and Nicklas Backstrom are not that type--but they can rebel in other ways.

Brooks Laich, who is not a favorite of mine though he is a solid 3rd liner, was praising Boudreau. Maybe he really means it. But maybe he realizes that his loyalty would appeal to other GMs on UFA Day. In any case, Laich didn't have a great playoffs once again. Nice guy, though.

Old
05-09-2011, 12:06 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Really dude....you continue to make these posts? Your sarcasm is lost here....just not amusing.
its all he has at this point

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post

time for summer.
Would you fire BB?

Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 04:46 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

I blame moderators.

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruProf View Post
I blame moderators.
Filthy anarchist.

SkyKerstein: #Caps Leonsis on with @MikeWiseGuy and @Holdenradio says GMGM is safe and it would be George's call on Boudreau.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:03 PM
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Filthy anarchist.

SkyKerstein: #Caps Leonsis on with @MikeWiseGuy and @Holdenradio says GMGM is safe and it would be George's call on Boudreau.
I might be reading into this too much but I'm wondering if this is Ted saying if this team fails again with BB at the helm it might be GMGM's job on the line.

Which is what many of us have thought if BB was kept.

blokeyhighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:05 PM
ColincampbellOscopy

Quote:
Filthy anarchist.

Yeah that's horrible to have something like that decided already. I think they needed to take some time and re-evaluate top to bottom. Seems to be a lack of accountability here. I understand hands off ownership as much as the next guy, but at some point, it's your money and ultimately your responsibility.

ColincampbellOscopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:38 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Filthy anarchist.

There you have it people....no changes forthcoming....

Bruce is back.....time to make your peace.

Old
05-10-2011, 12:46 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
There you have it people....no changes forthcoming....

Bruce is back.....time to make your peace.
Ted: "it's up to GMGM"

GMGM: "BB is a good coach. I expect him to return"

paraphrasing of course

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:48 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

My anger has passed.....I'm mostly over this years heartbreak. I can't even get angry at this point, because I expected Bruce to be retained.

He's built this group into a team that fills the building each night. Easy to see McPhee isn't going to poopoo that anytime soon.

Old
05-10-2011, 12:50 PM
WcRoenick97

Ugh. Another year of failure. No matter how well they play next season or who they add this upcoming offseason, I won't believe in this team until they actually prove it on the ice. This team will be done in the first or second round again with the two losers in charge. Even Arnott/Hannan/Knuble couldn't prevent a sweep. Last year I wanted Boudreau gone after the Montreal series, because it was all right there for everyone to see. He CAN'T ADJUST in a series, or enough so that leaves the opponent's coach scratching his head. But, I realize, hey MAYBE it was just a fluke..Well fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

WcRoenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 12:50 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

It's time to look at the roster....those are the only likely changes we'll see.

Old
05-10-2011, 12:59 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by WcRoenick97 View Post
Ugh. Another year of failure. No matter how well they play next season or who they add this upcoming offseason, I won't believe in this team until they actually prove it on the ice. This team will be done in the first or second round again with the two losers in charge. Even Arnott/Hannan/Knuble couldn't prevent a sweep. Last year I wanted Boudreau gone after the Montreal series, because it was all right there for everyone to see. He CAN'T ADJUST in a series, or enough so that leaves the opponent's coach scratching his head. But, I realize, hey MAYBE it was just a fluke..Well fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
It's more like 2 years of failure. You can't expect a new coach to come in and make an affect on the line-up he wants right away. Also its going to take some time for his leadership to scrub away the stink. And that's assuming they hire the right replacement.

THAT is why I wanted him gone last year. The foreshaddowing of this year was easy to see.

Time for me to focus on the things he did well and seeing if roster changes, assistance coaches, and a whole year of new system practice can overcome the fixed weaknesses in keeping BB.

Old
05-10-2011, 01:01 PM
WcRoenick97

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
It's more like 2 years of failure. You can't expect a new coach to come in and make an affect on the line-up he wants right away. Also its going to take some time for his leadership to scrub away the stink. And that's assuming they hire the right replacement.

THAT is why I wanted him gone last year. The foreshaddowing of this year was easy to see.

Time for me to focus on the things he did well and seeing if roster changes, assistance coaches, and a whole year of new system practice can overcome the fixed weaknesses in keeping BB.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE NEW WRINKLES IN THE POWERPLAY!!!

WcRoenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 01:07 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by WcRoenick97 View Post
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE NEW WRINKLES IN THE POWERPLAY!!!
I wouldn't be surprised if BB blamed the regular season officiating for not allowing for in-game practicing of the PP... therefore our struggles.

"If only the officials did their jobs and called penalties for us like they did against us and THEN our PP would be as post-season ready as our PK! Practice makes perfect and there's not enough time to practice it during camp or regular season with my commericial schedule and optional practices."