HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Live to fight another day." Nashville Predators @ Vancouver Game 5 7:00 PM CST

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2011, 10:16 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
"Live to fight another day." Nashville Predators @ Vancouver Game 5 7:00 PM CST

Why not, if the Preds lose you can blame me and we can have some innocence. Now a quick lesson in hockey offense, well, at least in Trotz's mind.

I'm going to stay away from the music to see what happens. I think it's a bit of a trap to fall into the same rut. And if this works, well I think there could be a trap video on Youtube.

Joel Ward is leading the Preds in offense with 9 points in the playoffs, that could explain the problems this team has been facing. Just a theory on my part.

Jerred Smithson will be out with an undisclosed injury. Too bad, the offense will miss his backside near the net.

Jordin Tootoo and Joel Ward have been the best forwards in the playoffs for the Nashville Predators. I don't need scientific formulas to explain what empirical study will show, the offense sucks.

I'm still waiting for JP Dumont to get his manhood back from Burrows for the 'hit'.

Game on! Let's see if a car can run over the Vancouver Defense before the game.

Old
05-07-2011, 10:23 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

It's all coming together. Allow the Vancouver Canucks to take a 2 game lead and then we strike.

Speaking of Ward:

Let's go Predators!

Old
05-07-2011, 10:52 AM
JacklegJack

You know what guys, I said before that regardless of what happens I'd be happy for what the boys accomplished this year, and I stand by that. I've been an awful fan lately, reaming the team out for playing horribly and completely ignoring everything great they've done. We all knew Vancouver was the better team coming in, hell, 29 other teams in the league all knew Vancouver was a better team than them, yet we have managed to keep every single game so close despite being outworked and outskilled through much of the series. That's amazing, and that's an accomplishment that deserves recognition. If we get a few lucky bounces the series is 3-1 in our favor, that's how close this is. Can you believe it?

We're spending millions less than any other team that was in the playoffs and yet we're playing right up there and beating/challenging teams who have perennial all-stars like Perry, Getzlaf, Selanne, Sedin, Kesler, Luongo, etc. That's wild, and to be honest I'm not surprised if some of our best guys are a little burned out because of it; skill-wise we've gone against a lot of players who our best guys can't even compare with on paper, but everyone has stepped their game up and beat a team filled with studs (Anaheim is no pushover, they steamrolled through everyone coming into the post-season) and now we're keeping things close against the best team during the regular season (by a wide margin, to boot) and putting ourselves in a position to win every single night.

That's an amazing accomplishment for this team, and I for one am enormously proud of them. Yeah, I'm upset that we're down 3-1 in a series we just as easily could be winning right now, but that's life, we've been on the other end of that already in these playoffs (I'm sure Ducks fans were feeling pissed that they were 30 seconds away from being up 3-2). Whatever happens, we showed the hockey world we're not first-round pushovers anymore, we have what it takes to go far. We needed a bit of luck and we didn't get it so far in Round 2, **** happens, at least we haven't just been brushed aside like the 3 other losing teams in the conference semi-finals. We have a young team who is only going to learn, grow, and get better from this experience. We know what we're capable of here and we'll be back, you can bet your ass we'll be back. And you know what, this series is not even close to being over. We've come up big so many times before, we can do it again. It's not an impossible hill to climb, this is completely doable for our boys.

When I was a little pre-teen Torontonian who started liking the "new team" because their logo was so badass I never imagined I'd grow so close to the team and follow them more loyally than any other sports organization in any league before or after. Going through all the good and the bad (and being in Leafs country all my life I got my fair share of hate through college and high-school for being a devout Preds follower... Although these past 6 years it's been easy to counter any Leafs fans with the simple "How many times has YOUR team made the playoffs since the lockout?") But I digress, going through all the good and bad just makes the good times that much better. This is one of those good times, and our team has certainly done a lot to make each and every one of us proud of them. Just don't let it end here boys, three measley wins and we're in the Stanley Cup semi-finals! I believe in this team.

Old
05-07-2011, 10:54 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackleg Jack View Post
You know what guys, I said before that regardless of what happens I'd be happy for what the boys accomplished this year, and I stand by that. I've been an awful fan lately, reaming the team out for playing horribly and completely ignoring everything great they've done. We all knew Vancouver was the better team coming in, hell, 29 other teams in the league all knew Vancouver was a better team than them, yet we have managed to keep every single game so close despite being outworked and outskilled through much of the series. That's amazing, and that's an accomplishment that deserves recognition. If we get a few lucky bounces the series is 3-1 in our favor, that's how close this is. Can you believe it?

We're spending millions less than any other team that was in the playoffs and yet we're playing right up there and beating/challenging teams who have perennial all-stars like Perry, Getzlaf, Selanne, Sedin, Kesler, Luongo, etc. That's wild, and to be honest I'm not surprised if some of our best guys are a little burned out because of it; skill-wise we've gone against a lot of players who our best guys can't even compare with on paper, but everyone has stepped their game up and beat a team filled with studs (Anaheim is no pushover, they steamrolled through everyone coming into the post-season) and now we're keeping things close against the best team during the regular season (by a wide margin, to boot) and putting ourselves in a position to win every single night.

That's an amazing accomplishment for this team, and I for one am enormously proud of them. Yeah, I'm upset that we're down 3-1 in a series we just as easily could be winning right now, but that's life, we've been on the other end of that already in these playoffs (I'm sure Ducks fans were feeling pissed that they were 30 seconds away from being up 3-2). Whatever happens, we showed the hockey world we're not first-round pushovers anymore, we have what it takes to go far. We needed a bit of luck and we didn't get it so far in Round 2, **** happens, at least we haven't just been brushed aside like the 3 other losing teams in the conference semi-finals. We have a young team who is only going to learn, grow, and get better from this experience. We know what we're capable of here and we'll be back, you can bet your ass we'll be back. And you know what, this series is not even close to being over. We've come up big so many times before, we can do it again. It's not an impossible hill to climb, this is completely doable for our boys.

When I was a little pre-teen Torontonian who started liking the "new team" because their logo was so badass I never imagined I'd grow so close to the team and follow them more loyally than any other sports organization in any league before or after. Going through all the good and the bad (and being in Leafs country all my life I got my fair share of hate through college and high-school for being a devout Preds follower... Although these past 6 years it's been easy to counter any Leafs fans with the simple "How many times has YOUR team made the playoffs since the lockout?") But I digress, going through all the good and bad just makes the good times that much better. This is one of those good times, and our team has certainly done a lot to make each and every one of us proud of them. Just don't let it end here boys, three measley wins and we're in the Stanley Cup semi-finals! I believe in this team.

Old
05-07-2011, 11:40 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:

+1,000,000,000,000

edit: I also wouldn't mind Kesler getting back what he's been dishing out, and I don't mean the goals.

Old
05-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Top 6 Spaling

If you tell me at the beginning of the year that we make the playoffs and win a round, I am totally happy with it. I'd love to win this one too, but oh well. I'm proud of the boys anyways.

Old
05-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Soundgarden

Not going to be able to listen/watch this one, going camping, but maybe that will give us some luck. I don't mind not watching the next three if we win them all.

Old
05-07-2011, 02:07 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
To borrow from the lyrical genius of LMFAO (okay, couldn't hold a straight face)

Shots shots shots shots shots
Shots shots shots shots shots shots
Everybody
Shots shots shots shots shots shots
Everybody

Old
05-07-2011, 02:23 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Quote:
Outstanding, me too and well said.

Regardless, go get 'em boys:

Last edited by preds1: 05-07-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old
05-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Oilers fan here, i've liked Nashville for a while. Really hope they beat the Canucks. Good luck boys.

Old
05-07-2011, 03:33 PM
BubbaOnTheBandwagon

Quote:
If we get a few lucky bounces the series is 3-1 in our favor, that's how close this is. Can you believe it?
I hope the players realize this and give everything they've got. And hopefully they won't be thinking about winning the next game, but winning today.

Old
05-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:

Very well said. Even if we don't win this series, lets take this team on one more wild ride. Lets take it to game 6 or 7. Atleast this way we grind down Vancouver, making a SCF debut less likely. Just win this game boys!

Old
05-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
Win tonight and we will take the series to 7 games and anything can happen.

Old
05-07-2011, 04:56 PM
cleangene

Just Freaking Win, Preds!!!!!!!!!!!!! We Are Standing With You.

Old
05-07-2011, 05:40 PM
AEM6729

Regardless of whether we ultimately win this series, there's still meaningful history to be made tonight: winning an elimination game. Even if the series ends in 6 (or 7!) games, it would be a monkey off our back and a great thing for the fellas to prove that they can claw out a win in this situation. I think it would give them a lot of confidence going forward, no matter what the outcome of this series is.

Plus, let's cash in on some revenue from one more home game and give the fans a chance for one more building-moving standing O!

Working tonight. Haven't been able to convince anyone to pick up the first few hours for me. Don't get Versus at work and would probably be too busy to watch it anyway. TORTURE. C'mon Preds, give me something awesome to watch on my DVR tomorrow morning!!!

Old
05-07-2011, 05:48 PM
braindead

I want at least one more home game. I need at least one more home game. I deserve at least one more home game. Make it so.

Keys to the game:

1. Get the lead.
2. Shut them out.

I really like our team this year. Go do it.

Old
05-07-2011, 06:15 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Win it for Warren!

Old
05-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

#WINNING

Get the tiger blood flowing!!!!

Old
05-07-2011, 07:29 PM
DracoFulmineus
Out in a storm

Been here, done this. With success, I might add. Just win Preds! I always heard that it's a bad idea to back a sabre-toother tiger into a corner. Make the 'Nucks pay for it!

Old
05-07-2011, 08:04 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Nearly game time, drop the puck already!

Old
05-07-2011, 08:10 PM
JussiM

There are no past games, there are no future games, there's just this one game And Predators know how to win a game of ice hockey, don't they? So let's do this!

Old
05-07-2011, 08:12 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
There are no past games, there are no future games, there's just this one game And Predators know how to win a game of ice hockey, don't they? So let's do this!
Good morning to you sir.

I'm sick again then again last time I was sick we won the first round.

Old
05-07-2011, 08:15 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

And the game is underway, here we go!

Old
05-07-2011, 08:16 PM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Good morning to you sir.

I'm sick again then again last time I was sick we won the first round.
Morning!

Ouch! Same thing as the last time?

Old
05-07-2011, 08:17 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Morning!

Ouch! Same thing as the last time?
Well so far it's not as bad as last time but we'll see.

Closed Thread