HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Nyr

Old
05-05-2011, 11:15 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Not sure if you actually watched Komisarek this year.

He was paired with Kaberle at the start of the season....disaster.

He was paired with Gunnarsson in mid season....disaster.

We all know the Lebda/Komisarek debacle. No matter what partner he's paired with he is continually on the ice for goals that happen because of blown coverage. He has absolutely no hockey sense. There's not an NHL scout that would watch Komisarek play and tell his GM that it would be a good idea to acquire him through trade.
He was very briefly paired with Kaberle, it wasn't very good. But I think you'd have to play together for a while to start meshing together.

Yes, he was paried with Gunnar this year, but the main factor was that Gunnar's play had been so bad he was demoted to 3rd pairing duties. 2nd half of the year Gunnar really picked it up. He was much calmer with the puck, which is what Komi would need, not the shaky Gunnar of the first half.

I should have been clearer; I'd like to see a Komi-Gunnar pairing with Gunnar playing the way he did for the last part of the year. You are correct, they were a pretty bad pairing when playing together earlier but IMO I think a lot of that was the shaky play of Gunnar.

Just my $0.02.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Lol @ you thinking Stepan is a "scrap." Just unbelievable how naive some people are around here.

Kadri may be your current first line center, but he's certainly not a "first line center." Stepan is better than him, right now.

I really can't believe you just called Stepan a scrap. : laugh:
Just a guess but I'm thinking he called Stepan a scrap because whoever referred to Kadri and Gunnarsson scraps. Both equally ridiculous.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
TMLOBI

LOL that was called sarcasm.. rangerdanger20 said that Kadri and Gunnarsson were scraps so I used that against him.. I do see how it was confusing though as I put it under your quote, sorry you didn't read my whole post.

TMLOBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLOBI View Post
LOL that was called sarcasm.. rangerdanger20 said that Kadri and Gunnarsson were scraps so I used that against him.. I do see how it was confusing though as I put it under your quote, sorry you didn't read my whole post.
No i did, i just didn't put two and two together. Guess that happens when I'm working and trying to do HF at the same time

Anyways, apologies. I certainly don't think Kadri and Gunnarsson are scraps and anyone who says so is being "naive" lol. I think, right now, both teams are better off just sticking with their guys and developing them. Kadri and Stepan both have high upside and I actually believe both will be impact players for their respective teams.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
It has nothing to do with his serviceability, it has to do with the Rangers have a TON of defensive prospects who are ready for the NHL. There would be absolutely no benefit to having Komi on the Rangers for 3 years when we have Del Zotto, V-Tank, Kundratek, Pashinin and McIlrath in the pipeline. Were not even going to be able to fit all of these guys in the lineup if they pan out, since our top 4 is pretty much set for 5+ years. Komi would be an absolute waste of space and would end up rotting in the minors with Redden.
Thats great man.

I explained why I myself would want Komi and his contract.

You seem to be under the impression I was trying to tell the poster why the NYR should take Komi. Which is not at all what I was trying to say. I stated I was not very familiar with the ins and outs of the Ragners, thus I'm not going to try and tell people what's best for them because I don't know.

Old
05-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Thats great man.

I explained why I myself would want Komi and his contract.

You seem to be under the impression I was trying to tell the poster why the NYR should take Komi. Which is not at all what I was trying to say. I stated I was not very familiar with the ins and outs of the Ragners, thus I'm not going to try and tell people what's best for them because I don't know.
Oops, then. It seemed that you were responding in general, that Komi has essentially more worth than Drury. That's probably true in most circumstances, just not on the Rangers.

Old
05-05-2011, 11:35 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Oops, then. It seemed that you were responding in general, that Komi has essentially more worth than Drury. That's probably true in most circumstances, just not on the Rangers.
nah, I was just trying to show that I think even @4.5M Komi is still very servicable on our roster.

Old
05-05-2011, 11:39 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
To Toronto:

Derek Stepan
Chris Drury

To NYR:

Nazem Kadri
Carl Gunnarsson
TOR 2011 2nd

Leafs get a nice young centre who is much further along in development than Kadri, which gives the Leafs a better shot at the playoffs next year. Kadri may turn out to be a bit of a project and Burke may decide not to wait on him.

NYR gets Drury off the books which leaves plenty of room to sign Richards and re-sign Dubinsky and Callahan. With Richards and Dubinsky as their top 2 centres NYR can give Kadri time if required.

With Stepan, the Leafs top-6 is set. Drury would be a solid 3rd line centre for the Leafs, if he goes on LTIR again he'll come off the cap anyways.

Stepan is enticing, for sure. But this deal doesn't work.

Stepan is a little bigger and probably 1 yr ahead of Kadri in terms of progression, scoring at a .54 ppg clip over all 82 games to Kadri's .41 ppg over just 29 games. Even though they're both listed at 6', I think Stepan carries himself a little stronger.

Really though, if all we're trading up for is 1 year in Kadri's development, why would we? Why would we give Gunnarsson and a 2nd for - Drury? A cap hit of 7mil for a guy who scored 1 goal this year?

Come on. Not only are we giving a young talented D man with arguable top-4 potential but we also add a 2nd - for Drury?

It makes zero sense. If anything, it would be Kadri himself for Drury and Stepan - at least with that trade New York rids themselves of the large contract that Drury carries and only sacrifices 1 year in a prospect's development, as you put it.

dubplatepressure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:43 AM
gotmonte

I havent read the responses but here is mine...

"Drury says, "HELLO MY GOOD OLD FRIEND, MR. NO TRADE CLAUSE"

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Why The **** Would The Leafs Do This............

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Stepan is enticing, for sure. But this deal doesn't work.

Stepan is a little bigger and probably 1 yr ahead of Kadri in terms of progression, scoring at a .54 ppg clip over all 82 games to Kadri's .41 ppg over just 29 games. Even though they're both listed at 6', I think Stepan carries himself a little stronger.

Really though, if all we're trading up for is 1 year in Kadri's development, why would we? Why would we give Gunnarsson and a 2nd for - Drury? A cap hit of 7mil for a guy who scored 1 goal this year?

Come on. Not only are we giving a young talented D man with arguable top-4 potential but we also add a 2nd - for Drury?

It makes zero sense. If anything, it would be Kadri himself for Drury and Stepan - at least with that trade New York rids themselves of the large contract that Drury carries and only sacrifices 1 year in a prospect's development, as you put it.
Kadri and Stepan, imo, have similar potential. I just don't see a trade here that benefits either team. Yes, Stepan is a little further in his development, but that doesn't mean that Kadri will be a schlub. I think both teams would be better off sticking with their respective players. And its an awful trade for you guys if you were to give up Kadri for Stepan and Drury. Just keep Kadri, will keep Stepan and Drury

Old
05-05-2011, 11:51 AM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Komi, while overpaid; is an effective bottom pairing guy. Just don't go above 15mins/game with him lol.

He's still an effective shutdown guy that isn't afraid to rough guys up. The quality of his play just seems to be very dependant on the play/style of his partner. Lebda was(is) a disater with him.

I'd like to see him paired with a guy that is calm with the puck and can make the outlet pass (would have loved to see him paired with Kabs). He had his best seasons in MTL with Markov when he could just make the hit and throw the puck to his partner.

I'd like to see Komi-Gunnar next year, but I'd imagine Gunnar will be on the 2nd pairing with Schenn. So maybe a UFA?

Anyways; I can't say I watch too much of Drury, so I'm sure you could make a similar argument for him.

Cheers

He's an effective shut down guy but you have to worry about giving him more than 15 minutes a game? Huh? If he was an effective shut down guy, you'd never worry having him on the ice. Komisarek sucks, not matter how you try to sugar coat it.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:58 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Kadri and Stepan, imo, have similar potential. I just don't see a trade here that benefits either team. Yes, Stepan is a little further in his development, but that doesn't mean that Kadri will be a schlub. I think both teams would be better off sticking with their respective players. And its an awful trade for you guys if you were to give up Kadri for Stepan and Drury. Just keep Kadri, will keep Stepan and Drury
Yah, exactly. I think if Toronto ate Drury's contract then they'd be wanting some form of payment to accompany it, and in this day and age of the NHL that's a dangerous game. With only 1 year remaining it may be in Sather's better interest to eat the $5m in cash he's paid and send him to the AHL.

dubplatepressure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Yah, exactly. I think if Toronto ate Drury's contract then they'd be wanting some form of payment to accompany it, and in this day and age of the NHL that's a dangerous game. With only 1 year remaining it may be in Sather's better interest to eat the $5m in cash he's paid and send him to the AHL.
I agree with your idea in that we should just pay out the remaining one year, but Drury has a NMC, which means in no way, shape or form can he be sent to the AHL.

Old
05-05-2011, 12:04 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
1 year of Drury is WAY better than 3 years of Komisarek even with their terrible cap hits.
Not neccessarily. If the $3m savings allows them to sign Brad Richards, then it could make sense -- especially knowing how badly Komisarek needs a change of scenery.

Quote:
The problem with doing so is that Redden is already buried in the minors. All 1-way contracts count against the cap in the summer (you can go 10% over). Redden, at $6.5m basically takes up the entire allowed overage during the summer. So, while they could send Drury to the minors in September, they wouldn't be able to use the $7m in cap space until they actually do that in September.

Last edited by seanlinden: 05-05-2011 at 12:16 PM.
seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:11 PM
100angryvikings

Lets keep this in mind here-Leafs are trying to make the playoffs, and if we want to do that, the Rangers are one of the teams we have to leapfrog to do it. Helping them clear cap space to sign Richards does not help our cause.

Let Glen Sather deal with his own horrid contracts. If he cant clear the space, then weve got a better shot at landing Brad Richards for ourselves. Leafs say no to this deal

100angryvikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Not neccessarily. If the $3m savings allows them to sign Brad Richards, then it could make sense -- especially knowing how badly Komisarek needs a change of scenery.
No, it wouldn't. We can buy out drury and save 3 million this year. Then only have him on the cap next year at 1.5.

There's no room for Komi on our d either.

Old
05-05-2011, 12:15 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

The fail in this thread is simply laughable.

1) Drury has a NMC and would never in his right mind waive it to go to TOR

2) Why the hell would we take on that srcub Komisarek for 3 years when we get rid of Drury after this year (if we don't buy him out altogether). No need to give up assets for him.

3) I really don't want Kadri, who in my eyes will either be around the same production as Stepan, and Gunnarsson has no appeal to me at all.

Terrible trade by the OP, makes no sense logistically.

05-05-2011, 12:22 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
no thanks Stepan is better then Kadri

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
The fail in this thread is simply laughable.

1) Drury has a NMC and would never in his right mind waive it to go to TOR

2) Why the hell would we take on that srcub Komisarek for 3 years when we get rid of Drury after this year (if we don't buy him out altogether). No need to give up assets for him.

3) I really don't want Kadri, who in my eyes will either be around the same production as Stepan, and Gunnarsson has no appeal to me at all.

Terrible trade by the OP, makes no sense logistically.
If Kadri will be at the same production as Stepan (which is very likely, imo) then the trade is Drury for Gunnar + a 2nd. How could you possibly turn that down?

Terrible deal for the Leafs. Stepan had a really great year, but Kadri still has plenty of time to show why he was a top 10 pick.

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
If Kadri will be at the same production as Stepan (which is very likely, imo) then the trade is Drury for Gunnar + a 2nd. How could you possibly turn that down?

Terrible deal for the Leafs. Stepan had a really great year, but Kadri still has plenty of time to show why he was a top 10 pick.
I like Kadri and certainly wouldn't mind him on the Rangers, but right now, I'd prefer Stepan over him.

Old
05-05-2011, 02:04 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
ok so basically, we give up 3 futures for one while taking on a terrible contract and basically handing over Richards to you? how about this....

Stephan
Drury

for

Phi 3rd

Takes us out of the Richards race, opens up 7 mill to put towards Richards, and the Leafs get a young centre.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
ok so basically, we give up 3 futures for one while taking on a terrible contract and basically handing over Richards to you? how about this....

Stephan
Drury

for

Phi 3rd

Takes us out of the Richards race, opens up 7 mill to put towards Richards, and the Leafs get a young centre.
Lol your nuts.

and its stepan.

Will keep the drury contract or buy him out...thanks. We can fit richards in if we buy out drury. Even though i know you don't believe that.

Old
05-05-2011, 02:11 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Lol your nuts.

and its stepan.

Will keep the drury contract or buy him out...thanks. We can fit richards in if we buy out drury. Even though i know you don't believe that.
That contracts pretty bad.... you have to give Toronto a reason to make the trade. Take out Drury and the deal is still leaning in NYR favour. Obviously im exaggerating but this deal is no where close to fair.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
That contracts pretty bad.... you have to give Toronto a reason to make the trade. Take out Drury and the deal is still leaning in NYR favour. Obviously im exaggerating but this deal is no where close to fair.
ya, and it was proposed by a leafs fan, not a rangers fan. so i dunno what to tell you.