HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wiz wants to come back

Old
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

vCash: 500
Am I the only one nervous that Markov won't get signed in reasonable time so that PG can make other decisions about the D including Wiz? The Habs left everyone go at the end of 2009 and then signed Mara, Spacek and Gill to a D that already included at the time Markov, Hamrlik, Gorges, O'Byrne. Hence they ended up overpaying for virtually all three.

Markov is the key. If they don't get a deal done quickly is there any chance PG moves a different direction and signs Wiz if those two sides agree and then moves forward with any one or two of Hamrlik, Gill, Mara or Sopel? I doubt PG would have to overpay for any of them except maybe Wiz.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Maxpac

I think it's so damn retarded that they will continue the talks with Markov at the end of may, what the hell is wrong with right now? What is it with Habs management that they absolutely have to talk with their players at the very last moment possible? It's ridiculous to have a policy to not sign players during the regular season as well.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I think it's so damn retarded that they will continue the talks with Markov at the end of may, what the hell is wrong with right now? What is it with Habs management that they absolutely have to talk with their players at the very last moment possible? It's ridiculous to have a policy to not sign players during the regular season as well.
I'm guessing the Habs want to monitor Markov's health for as long as possible before signing the deal.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Perhaps they have concerns about the most recent medical information and want to do more diligence before they make a long term committment. Seems reasonable.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 06:04 PM
billy piton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Perhaps they have concerns about the most recent medical information and want to do more diligence before they make a long term committment. Seems reasonable.
on the other hand, they probably want to see how much salary cap goes up.

billy piton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Picaroon

It might be a little crazy, but I could see having Wiz, Subban and Markov on one PP unit.
Markov high on the blue line in the middle, Subban at the high circle on the left and Wiz at the high circle on the right. Then throw Pleks down low and Cammy out front.
Definitely unorthodox but it could be pretty intense if it worked. Just a thought....

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 08:30 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Absolutely...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 08:34 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
It might be a little crazy, but I could see having Wiz, Subban and Markov on one PP unit.
Markov high on the blue line in the middle, Subban at the high circle on the left and Wiz at the high circle on the right. Then throw Pleks down low and Cammy out front.
Definitely unorthodox but it could be pretty intense if it worked. Just a thought....
Aaaah, how do I get my damn mouth to stop drooling?!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Aaaah, how do I get my damn mouth to stop drooling?!
Honestly the more I think about it, the better it sounds. Could be unstoppable...

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:15 PM
habsrule22

What about this defense -
Jan Hejda ($3.200m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Andrei Markov ($5.250m) / James Wisniewski ($4.100m)
Josh Gorges ($2.300m) / Anton Babchuck (2.500m)
Yannick Weber ($0.600m) Spacek (3.833m)

Weber can play as forward from time to time and Markov and Gorges can be given days off so that they are brought along slowly to start season. And we will have injuries. Spacek can be traded at some point during the season. It s a very mobile and pretty big defense. We can keep all our forwards with 1 addition (around 3m). We should get better production from Patch, Eller, Gomez, Cammy.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 10:23 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
Honestly the more I think about it, the better it sounds. Could be unstoppable...
I think we'd give up quite a few 2 on 1 chances, but high risk, high reward. We go with that and with our luck, watch it be the year we are last in the league in pp opportunities.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote