HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

ac shoulder injury

Old
05-04-2011, 03:01 PM
goingtopcheese

vCash: 500
ac shoulder injury

just injured shoulder a few days ago. doc said it was between a grade 1 and 2 ac injury. full recovery is about 12 weeks. obviously, i'm still in discomfort since the injury is still in the initial phases but was wondering if anybody has had a similar injury and when did you get back on the ice? i should have greater range of motion in another week or so and that i would be fine in about 2-3 weeks.
thanks!

goingtopcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Steelhead16

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtopcheese View Post
just injured shoulder a few days ago. doc said it was between a grade 1 and 2 ac injury. full recovery is about 12 weeks. obviously, i'm still in discomfort since the injury is still in the initial phases but was wondering if anybody has had a similar injury and when did you get back on the ice? i should have greater range of motion in another week or so and that i would be fine in about 2-3 weeks.
thanks!
Make sure it's fully healed before going back. I didn't and I finally got where I couldn't lift my arm past about 75 degrees to my side. Had to resort to cortizone injections in order to finish the year and have surgery. Surgery was good and rehab was pretty quick. Good as new afterward.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Rille

I had the same injury and I was back on ice 12 weeks later with full body contact. The shoulder will never be 100% again but I feel pretty ok now after 8 months. I started to skate sex weeks later and it felt really strange when I tried to do some wrist shots. I felt like to shoulder started to click.

Here is a picture of my shoulder 10 weeks after the injury.

Rille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Is this the same thing as a separated shoulder?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtopcheese View Post
thanks!
Was an MRI done? If not i highly suggest one. Take it from someone who has had both shoulders surgically fixed. I had torn labrums and partially torn biceps.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Rille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I live in Sweden so I am not sure but I think so.

Rille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 08:54 PM
JSand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Separated shoulder are assigned grades so it is likely the same. I suffered a grade 1 separation and was back on the ice for beer league (no checking) inside of 4 weeks. For a grade 1 (or even 2) injury I believe that after the initial swelling goes down most doctors will allow you to try to resume normal daily activities as tolerated.

JSand is offline   Reply With Quote