HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blair Betts

Old
05-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

vCash: 500
Blair Betts

What would the Flyers be interested in for Betts on the last year of his contract?

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:45 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
He won't be moved. No reason to move a guy on a good cap hit that is a valuable part of the team for anything short of an overpayment, and I don't see a team overpaying for Blair Betts.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:46 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I wish the Rangers never let him go

05-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
3rd rounder. It's not worth it for a team to trade a 3rd for him, versus signing someone else to perform his role with comparable ability. There are a lot of guys out there willing to do what he does that can do it almost as well.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I guess I didn't realize that Philly were attached to him like they are. Whenever I see Betts, I see him as the perfect 4th liner and someone I'd love to have on my team. It makes sense that you guys don't wanna see him go as he's on a great deal and is an ideal player for your bottom line.

I think I would slightly overpay for him but I don't think Bowman and co. would, which is probably a good thing.

I'd do Dowell (his RFA rights) and a 6th or 7th but again, I'm sure Philly would pass.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:13 PM
JVR21
G

I appreciate what he does on the PK, but we need a 4th line center who can win a damn faceoff.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I appreciate what he does on the PK, but we need a 4th line center who can win a damn faceoff.
Are you talking about Betts or Dowell?

What are your thoughts on Powe then? Is he available?

Old
05-06-2011, 06:29 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmcgart View Post
Are you talking about Betts or Dowell?

What are your thoughts on Powe then? Is he available?
I'm talking about Betts. He does everything right except in the faceoff circle.

Powe is a perfect part of our 4th line in my opinion. He's a speedy mother****er who will hit anything, and he's signed for cheap.

I'd love to trade Betts for a pick and get a guy like Konopka.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:10 PM
gotmonte

ANY TEAM could have signed him when he was a Free Agent. He was a tryout for God's sake. Why would teams overpay for him NOW? He has played just as well as when he was on the Rangers. Sather just didnt realize what he actually had there and thought he could easily fill his role. He DID fill his role but I would have much rather had Blair.

I was listening to B.Betts on NHL XM about I dont know, 3 weeks ago? He was saying basically the only team to show ANY interest in him was the Flyers and they claimed they had to do some moving around to try and bring him in. He waited for others and the time ran out. He DID say Flyers had contacted him IMMEDIATELY after midnight on Free Agency July 1st and he thought he might generate some more interest, but it never came to fruitation. Then towards the end of the summer, he realized he was in a little bit of a problem. And thats why he excepted Flyers offer of a try out basis.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
ANY TEAM could have signed him when he was a Free Agent. He was a tryout for God's sake. Why would teams overpay for him NOW? He has played just as well as when he was on the Rangers. Sather just didnt realize what he actually had there and thought he could easily fill his role. He DID fill his role but I would have much rather had Blair.

I was listening to B.Betts on NHL XM about I dont know, 3 weeks ago? He was saying basically the only team to show ANY interest in him was the Flyers and they claimed they had to do some moving around to try and bring him in. He waited for others and the time ran out. He DID say Flyers had contacted him IMMEDIATELY after midnight on Free Agency July 1st and he thought he might generate some more interest, but it never came to fruitation. Then towards the end of the summer, he realized he was in a little bit of a problem. And thats why he excepted Flyers offer of a try out basis.
Sometimes it takes a bit more attention to really realize the kind of player he is. I never really thought of Betts as a player I'd overpay for... but I think the Hawks are in a situation where we have enough decent to good prospects who are too similar to what the Hawks already have. We could offer one of those prospects and the asking price for him to slightly overpay. This is why I said we could overpay by a little.

With the Hawks being in 'win now' mode again next season, I don't think I'd mind seeing a mid-level prospect and a 4th/5th going to the Flyers for him if it means it would pry him out of Philly's hands.