HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread, Part I

Old
06-20-2011, 08:30 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macehockey24 View Post
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($2.000m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Jaromir Jagr ($4.000m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Brian Boyle ($1.800m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Erik Christensen ($0.925m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.200m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Steve Eminger ($1.000m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,775,000; BONUSES: $1,487,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,225,000

What do you guys think of this roster?
No thanks to Eminger. I would prefer Zuccarello over Avery at this point... We'll have to see who outplays who in camp. Zukes w/ Jagr makes me think of Prucha's success with Jagr.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 09:38 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

If those Russo speculations that were just posted on the main board have some truth to them, and the Devils get Burns i'll be pissed. I would hope Slats would be in on a Burns trade.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Yes if we get Jagr we beter get Prucha!!

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:02 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
If those Russo speculations that were just posted on the main board have some truth to them, and the Devils get Burns i'll be pissed. I would hope Slats would be in on a Burns trade.
Depends on what they have to give up for him. Russo says the Devils are looking to trade Rolston and Zubrus. That's not getting them Burns.

turcotte8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:04 PM
NYR Viper

I would give Sauer + NYR 1st for Burns and walk away a very happy man on draft day....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:05 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would give Sauer + NYR 1st for Burns and walk away a very happy man on draft day....
No thanks. Sauer and a 1st? I'd rather do that for a meaningful forward if that's the case and not for Burns.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:06 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Depends on what they have to give up for him. Russo says the Devils are looking to trade Rolston and Zubrus. That's not getting them Burns.
Of course not, but whatever they have to give - I want him on our team haha.

Sauer and 1st Boyler? Done in a second haha

Old
06-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
No thanks. Sauer and a 1st? I'd rather do that for a meaningful forward if that's the case and not for Burns.
agreed. isnt Burns gonna be an UFA in 2 years? no thanks.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:09 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Adding Burns is like adding another high scoring forward. 50+ points is not out of the realm of possibility EVERY season. Do you realize how many Rangers had over 50 points last year? 1.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:11 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Adding Burns is like adding another high scoring forward. 50+ points is not out of the realm of possibility EVERY season. Do you realize how many Rangers had over 50 points last year? 1.
Yup, if the Rangers manage to sign richards AND add burns, it would immediately remedy a huge malady for us - PP Production.

Those two on the points - watch out

Old
06-20-2011, 10:18 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
His defensive game has taken a step or two back -- mostly b/c of his injuries.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Janerixon

Anyone else see this claim that Wolski has been bought out:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...weeks_of_answ/

"All of that changes this week. We’re now amidst periods of time in which teams can file for salary arbitration (as the Devils and Predators did with Zach Parise and Shea Weber, respectively) and buy out players (as the Rangers did with Wojtek Wolski), the NHL Awards are on Wednesday, the Entry Draft and inevitable trades take place on Friday and Saturday in St. Paul, and a week from this Friday, the unrestricted free agency period and its feeding frenzy hit amidst the fireworks of Canada Day."

States Wolski was bought out, I find it odd that he is training with Underhill and fellow Rangers, and that he is bought out and it is only mentioned here... but hey I remember someone breaking the news about Callahan breaking his ankle and everyone shooting it down, same thing with Biron breaking his collarbone also, maybe this is the scoop?

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:26 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post

"All of that changes this week. We’re now amidst periods of time in which teams can file for salary arbitration (as the Devils and Predators did with Zach Parise and Shea Weber, respectively) and buy out players (as the Rangers did with Wojtek Wolski), the NHL Awards are on Wednesday, the Entry Draft and inevitable trades take place on Friday and Saturday in St. Paul, and a week from this Friday, the unrestricted free agency period and its feeding frenzy hit amidst the fireworks of Canada Day."

States Wolski was bought out, I find it odd that he is training with Underhill and fellow Rangers, and that he is bought out and it is only mentioned here... but hey I remember someone breaking the news about Callahan breaking his ankle and everyone shooting it down, same thing with Biron breaking his collarbone also, maybe this is the scoop?
Definitely didn't happen yet. He has to be put on waivers first and that would have been reported.

turcotte8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:

Yep. It was discussed in another thread and he was just reporting old rumors. Another poster here asked him about it on Twitter.

Nothing at all to it, since Wolski wasn't put on waivers.

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:

I saw someone ask about this to Spector on twitter today and he pretty much shot it down. Could just be the author making an assumption

Old
06-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post
Yep. It was discussed in another thread and he was just reporting old rumors. Another poster here asked him about it on Twitter.

Nothing at all to it, since Wolski wasn't put on waivers.
I figured it wasn't accurate, but that site isn't all garbage and the beat writers have been wrong before. I remember Spector denying the reports of Biron's injury saying he hadn't heard anything about it, then once the news broke he said he saw him skate off and never looked into it because of the deadline activity. All of the beat writers denied the Cally ankle injury and finally Spector said Callahan wasn't in the locker-room and was being evaluated by Rammer. You never know who has the story right or wrong, but this one certainly looks wrong.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:37 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
You're right about the beat writers sometimes being wrong or missing things Jan, but Wolski is of a high enough profile that someone around the league would have picked up on him being waived. There are enough guys that have connections to people in the league office and central registry that nothing slips through unreported anymore. And if something is mentioned on Twitter, you know that it's on HF literally 5 seconds later.

If Drury is really going to force his way onto LTIR, it probably makes more sense to keep Wolski anyway. Especially as it's just for one year.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:01 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
I'd give up a lot for Burns.

Staal-Burns would be a godly pairing.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
You're right about the beat writers sometimes being wrong or missing things Jan, but Wolski is of a high enough profile that someone around the league would have picked up on him being waived. There are enough guys that have connections to people in the league office and central registry that nothing slips through unreported anymore. And if something is mentioned on Twitter, you know that it's on HF literally 5 seconds later.

If Drury is really going to force his way onto LTIR, it probably makes more sense to keep Wolski anyway. Especially as it's just for one year.
im guessing they wanna waive Wolski for salary reasons which is dumb because he is only 25. and if its only because of a roster move they should waive EC.

Old
06-21-2011, 12:35 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

No one here loves Sauer more than I do but if there's a chance to get Burns, I'd carry him on my back to Minnesota to make the deal. Having watched Burns play for several years when I lived In Minnesota my perception is that no one here realizes how good he really is. He's a wonderful player...terrific puck mover, very responsible positionally and willing to lay the big hit. What I don't know is how he is off the ice (which is important here) and how is his health. I also worry that his ticket going forward would make our defesne more expensive rather than economical. But I'd sure be listening and investigating.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
No one here loves Sauer more than I do but if there's a chance to get Burns, I'd carry him on my back to Minnesota to make the deal. Having watched Burns play for several years when I lived In Minnesota my perception is that no one here realizes how good he really is. He's a wonderful player...terrific puck mover, very responsible positionally and willing to lay the big hit. What I don't know is how he is off the ice (which is important here) and how is his health. I also worry that his ticket going forward would make our defesne more expensive rather than economical. But I'd sure be listening and investigating.
i like Burns but a player like him id take a chance of waiting when he becomes an UFA. no sense to trade for a player a year or 2 before he becomes an UFA. rangers arent that team that is one player away yet.

Old
06-21-2011, 12:52 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Well, you have to sign the guy eventually. If you can't sign him to an extension when he's under your control, you definitely won't be able to sign him as a UFA.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 02:34 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Just purely out of curiosity here, would doing another annual trade with PHX for Brett MacLean be a bad idea?

Before I get flamed, I've never seen the guy play, so if he's no good, forget it. But from looking at his stats (which is no way to judge a player, I know), he looks like exactly the type of scoring winger this team is missing. Is that a correct assumption or no? If he is a scorer, he might look good on the 2nd line as a LW. If someone who's seen him play somewhat regularly could give me a rundown that'd be great.

Perhaps a trade like Valentenko and a pick for MacLean would get it done? Thanks in advance.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 03:03 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Classic Sather

drosennhl Dan Rosen
Glen Sather walks past the media and says, "Sorry boys, I've got to go to the office to catch a plane." Priceless.
11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 01:51 AM
Hockey2000nyr

nevermind, the link wont attach to it.... whoops

Hockey2000nyr is offline   Reply With Quote