HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Atl-clb

Old
05-05-2011, 09:39 PM
GatoradeG*

vCash: 500
Atl-clb

Voracek for Bogosian

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 09:40 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I don't think ATL does this, they still highly value ZB.

05-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Both sides have reason to say yes, both sides have reason to say no. Each player had off years, but each player also still has lots of potential. Value-wise, I think it's very good, and if it actually happened, I think each side would feel stung a little bit, but it'd be a fair deal with picks balancing it out one way or the other.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Blueland89

As an ATL fan I would say yes in a heartbeat, because I feel that Kulda could take Bogo's spot right now and could actually pair good with Oduya. Plus Pavelec would love it because Voracek is his best friend from home.

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Any chance we can get Filatov as well. I think he would look good on a line with Burmistrov.

Something like:

To ATL: Voracek, Filatov
To CBJ: Bogosian, Klingberg

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:06 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Really not bad at all. Value is there.

Columbus would like to add a young defenseman. Atlanta would like to add a young winger. Fills needs for both teams swapping players who have kind of had off years and could be needing a change in scenery.

Atlanta has Enstrom - Byfuglien long-term. I don't think Bogosian will ever live up to his draft position in Atlanta with those two in front of him. He could on a team like Columbus who could use a young defenseman to build around.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:40 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Call me crazy, but I think columbus needs to add something significant to make this work.

If voracek was a center this deal would probably ve a lot more appealing...but it seems that both of these clubs are hurting down tha middle and are unable to afford giving up any depth at center.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Would totally do that as a Thrashers fan.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:04 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Don`t know enough about Voracek to really give an opinion.

I`m not sure Atlanta would trade Bogo just because we have Enstrom and Buff though. Bogo logs a lot of minutes as the defensive role player where as Buff does not and Enstrom isn`t needed too.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
I agree with Thadd that I think Columbus needs to add to make this deal work.

What about:

Bogosian, Machacek

For

Voracek, 1st in 2011

But I may be bias because I actually think Atlanta should keep Bogosian and deal players like Oduya and Antropov to get a young forward.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 08:52 AM
TSA0402

This is an interesting proposal. The value is pretty good although I would agree Bogosian carries a bit more value than Voracek, its not nearly enough to add an 8th overall pick though. Would think Atlanta takes a huge hit on defensive depth with Bogosian gone.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I agree with Thadd that I think Columbus needs to add to make this deal work.

What about:

Bogosian, Machacek

For

Voracek, 1st in 2011

But I may be bias because I actually think Atlanta should keep Bogosian and deal players like Oduya and Antropov to get a young forward.
The difference between Bogosian and Voracek isn't a top 10 pick. Machacek holds little value to us.

Columbus does need to add a bit, merely because defensemen are worth more than wingers, but there really isn't a whole lot of difference in value between the two players. IMO, picks/prospects balancing out would be enough.

Old
05-06-2011, 11:09 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
This is an interesting proposal. The value is pretty good although I would agree Bogosian carries a bit more value than Voracek, its not nearly enough to add an 8th overall pick though. Would think Atlanta takes a huge hit on defensive depth with Bogosian gone.
Both of these prospects are still young and some people have seen them as a disappointment up until this point, but I think that Bogosian's ceiling is higher and I think that Bogosian is a more valuable player right now with what he brings to the table.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
The difference between Bogosian and Voracek isn't a top 10 pick. Machacek holds little value to us.

Columbus does need to add a bit, merely because defensemen are worth more than wingers, but there really isn't a whole lot of difference in value between the two players. IMO, picks/prospects balancing out would be enough.
As you can see in my previous answer I think Atlanta should probably try to deal Antropov and Oduya.

Would Bogosian, Antropov, and Oduya be worth Voacek and Brassard? Or Voracek and the 2011 1st?

All three of those Atlanta players would step in an play on Columbus next year.

Old
05-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Crede777
Deputized

No, columbus wouldn't do a quantity for quality deal so they wouldn't deal Voracek + Brassard for anything but a proven #1 defenseman.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
As you can see in my previous answer I think Atlanta should probably try to deal Antropov and Oduya.

Would Bogosian, Antropov, and Oduya be worth Voacek and Brassard? Or Voracek and the 2011 1st?

All three of those Atlanta players would step in an play on Columbus next year.
No. A 31-year old RW who can hit anywhere between 40ish and 55ish points and a defenseman Atlanta would almost give away for free doesn't get you a top ten pick or a top six center that we can't trade. The basis would be Voracek and Bogosian, and pieces would balance it out, with Columbus giving a bit more.

Old
05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
No. A 31-year old RW who can hit anywhere between 40ish and 55ish points and a defenseman Atlanta would almost give away for free doesn't get you a top ten pick or a top six center that we can't trade. The basis would be Voracek and Bogosian, and pieces would balance it out, with Columbus giving a bit more.
That's cool then.

What do you see the "something more" that Columbus needs to give up?

Old
05-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Crede777
Deputized

I wouldn't expect something great, certainly less than a 1st or former 1st round player.

Maybe a 3rd or prospect like Kevin Lynch.

Old
05-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Huffer

Cool. We'll just have to leave this one up to Dudley and Howsen then.

I think that Atlanta would be able to get more than that from Columbus, but it's not worth getting heated over it.

We will just have to say that there is potential here (Bogosian and Voacek) and leave it at that.

Old
05-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Monk

Quote:

I think that Atlanta would be able to get more than that from Columbus, but it's not worth getting heated over it.

We will just have to say that there is potential here (Bogosian and Voacek) and leave it at that.
I'd do something like Voracek + John Moore probably, or Clitsome, or some young defenseman of that variety.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 12:26 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Both of these prospects are still young and some people have seen them as a disappointment up until this point, but I think that Bogosian's ceiling is higher and I think that Bogosian is a more valuable player right now with what he brings to the table.
Bogosian, is more valuable in the sense that he is in more of a premium position. His ceiling is higher but, not by as much as some people would think. Both players have high ceilings and I don't think Bogosian's is high enough that it warrants an 8th overall pick included.

Old
05-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:

I agree. I am not trying to say that Bogosian isn't that valuable, I created a thread a little while ago about offersheeting him. The problem, from a columbus standpoint, is how Bogosian would respond being thrust into a #1 spot in Columbus.

I don't think it would be good for his development if he became the best defenseman by far on our team when he isn't ready. Some fans disagree with me though.

Old
05-06-2011, 01:10 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Really not bad at all. Value is there.

Columbus would like to add a young defenseman. Atlanta would like to add a young winger. Fills needs for both teams swapping players who have kind of had off years and could be needing a change in scenery.

Atlanta has Enstrom - Byfuglien long-term. I don't think Bogosian will ever live up to his draft position in Atlanta with those two in front of him. He could on a team like Columbus who could use a young defenseman to build around.
IMO Bogosian won't necessarily be "blocked" by Tobi and Buff. At the end of this season, Bogosian played with Enstrom and Byfuglien played with Hainsey and both pairs were effective in both zones. If Ramsay liked these pairs, then that's what we'll see next year and Bogosian will be allowed to play with the guy who made Byfuglien the force he was in the beginning of the year.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 01:16 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
IMO Bogosian won't necessarily be "blocked" by Tobi and Buff. At the end of this season, Bogosian played with Enstrom and Byfuglien played with Hainsey and both pairs were effective in both zones. If Ramsay liked these pairs, then that's what we'll see next year and Bogosian will be allowed to play with the guy who made Byfuglien the force he was in the beginning of the year.
Enstrom-Byfuglien seemed like a lock defensive pairing for most of the year and Atlanta struggled at the end. What about Bogosian on the PP unit?

Old
05-06-2011, 01:28 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Enstrom-Byfuglien seemed like a lock defensive pairing for most of the year and Atlanta struggled at the end. What about Bogosian on the PP unit?
We were struggling much before Enstrom-Byfuglien was broken up as a pair. As soon as the second half started, teams figured out that they had to rush Buff at the point. The pair was broken up much later.

At the end of the year, for I think only one game, the PP unit was Tobi-Bogo WITH Byfuglien on RW and playing his role as the crease crasher. (Ironically, this was against Vancouver). We really only got to see this once, but it was what Thrashers fans had been asking for for months.

I think Bogosian could play on the 1st PP. In previous years, he had trouble keeping the point which made it hard to keep things going on the PP, but he has gotten a lot better at it.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote