HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the real DB23 please stand up????

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2004, 10:38 AM
flick0069

vCash: 500
Will the real DB23 please stand up????

This was posted by our "friend" :mad: db23 in response to a thread about possible prospect we could select in the first round . This was posted a few weeks before the draft:

db23
1. Thelen - Unlikely he will be available. I still think he could go in the top 5. Mattias Ohlund potential.

2. Wolski - Also unlikely to be around. Statsitically and size wise, he is in the same class as Eric Staal, Rick Nash, Joe Thornton as OHL draftees.

3. Schremp - Robbie appears to be the real wildcard of the draft in terms of where he will go. Similar to Patrick O'Sullivan a year ago. Top 10 talent.

4. Green - Another Dan Hamhuis. Questions about his size, but at 6-1.5, 200 pounds he is the same size as Dion Phaneuf. Better numbers for a poorer team than Phaneuf in the WHL, as well.

5. Alexandrov - Most skilled Eastern European after Ovechkin and Malkin in the draft. Better prospect than Perezhogin or Kastitsyn, I think.

This is his thread after the draft:
db23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like someone better who was taken later, try to make your case.

Hmmmmm....wonder what happened in such a short time to make him change his mind?? 4 of the 5 are still on there at 18, yet now he is love with Chipchura.... 3 weeks ago he was not eve in his top five. Maybe all the other prospects are dead!Thank God db23 is not our Head Scout!

Old
07-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I don't see the point of this thread.

Old
07-14-2004, 10:49 AM
velimiiro

I noticed that too... that kid is a moron.

Old
07-14-2004, 10:55 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
I really don't think you can call out another poster like this.

When he was only stating that those 5 guys were his favourites in the draft, not the guys who were gonna go top 5. I personally agree with db23, i think those guys do have top 10 talents, just Wolski doesn't work, Green played on a crap team, Schremp is a wildcard ect. Just because Chipchura didn't make his top 5 doesn't mean that he hates him.

So just get off his back, the guys does show alot of guts posting his views even if they agree with nobody, we are all titled to our own opinion.

Old
07-14-2004, 10:59 AM
velimiiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac

When he was only stating that those 5 guys were his favourites in the draft, not the guys who were gonna go top 5. I personally agree with db23, i think those guys do have top 10 talents, just Wolski doesn't work, Green played on a crap team, Schremp is a wildcard ect. Just because Chipchura didn't make his top 5 doesn't mean that he hates him.

So just get off his back, the guys does show alot of guts posting his views even if they agree with nobody, we are all titled to our own opinion.
He actually did state his anger at the Chipchura pic after it was made, thats what makes him look even more stupid.

Old
07-14-2004, 10:59 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Leave db23 alone,I don't like him too but he can have it's own opinion we have to respect even if you don't agree ,we all know that he wants to bash kost the most he can anyways it's his opinion he deserves the respect.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac

Yeah, exactly. I forget who I listed as my top-5, but Mike Green would have been one, and lots of other people seemed smitten with Fransson, for example, or even Bruce Graham or Adam Pineault, who went a heckuvalot later. I don't see any reason to knock db23 for the draft issue.

We've all had a chance to see Chipchura in action now, and to reflect on how the draft went. It's reasonable for our opinions to change over time. I don't happen to like Schremp or Wolski myself, but I totally see how others would, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they turned out to be more prominent NHLers than our guy.

My opinion on Zajac has shifted a lot too... I used to think he was too risky, but Conte and co. have to make me re-think that. Dubnyk, Wheeler... my mind has been opened up to some of these guys I wasn't remotely high on before the draft, based on what I've been reading and what the NHL scouts are saying. It's natural. Why single out db23 on this issue?

Old
07-14-2004, 11:03 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Just because someone has an opinion that you don't agree with, that doesn't make them stupid. Personal attacks are not allowed on this board.

I may not agree with everything that db says but at least he isn't afraid to post his thoughts and isn't just some sheep.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:08 AM
velimiiro

db23 please stop posting on these boards... noone likes you, infact some despise you.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
db23 please stop posting on these boards... noone likes you, infact some despise you.
Wrong! I like db23. So it's not "no-one". He brings a useful perspective, and initiates some good debates, which he generally backs up in a responsible and thorough manner. I guess it's time to close this thread... :goodmod:

Old
07-14-2004, 11:14 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Why is everyone ganging up on db23? QUIT IT RIGHT NOW or I might take out my WMD.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Wrong! I like db23. So it's not "no-one". He brings a useful perspective, and initiates some good debates, which he generally backs up in a responsible and thorough manner. I guess it's time to close this thread... :goodmod:
Blind Gardien is RIGHT ON !!!

Those who don't like db23 stop reading & stop posting childish comments because tt won't change anything & you give him more purpose to his threads than you would like too.

I agree that he did his posts with a lot of RESPECT which not many does the same thing towards him.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:18 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Give the guy a break! He may have very different opinions when compared to the majority, but he has as much of a right to express them as you do.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:20 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
wtf is happening? He have the right to express his opinions!!

Those who attack him personally are the real problem, If you don't like him, don't read him, that's all.

LIBERTÉ!!!!!!!

Old
07-14-2004, 11:23 AM
habsfansam

Leave it alone guys... db23 has been fairly consistent and we all know that more information is available after the draft than before. Heck, most of what people post now is stuff they got off TSN during the coverage, so don't pick on one guy... not fair, and definitely not just.

If you've got a grudge over his dislike of Kostsitsyn, then ask him what he doesn't like... he's been giving responses that don't include stats, and most have been intelligent observations (even if I didn't agree with all of them).

Hell, he's even been giving off positive vibes about guys like Chipchura and that's probably the most positive thing we've heard from him... since we're getting the good with the bad, leave it alone! It's pathetic start a thread to mock one poster and i'm very disappointed. I thought we had more class than singling out someone we dont' agree with and picking on him like the village bully... it's not right.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:37 AM
growne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Same here. What good is a discussion board if the only acceptable opinions that can be voiced are those that everyone agrees upon?

Old
07-14-2004, 11:37 AM
db23

Before the draft, it's hard to know all the details of the different players. Prior to the draft, Wolski didn't have criminal charges, there wasn't questions about Alexandrov's age, and I didn't know the full extent of Schremp's attitude questions. I still think that all of those players along with Green have better chances to be impact players in the NHL. But, Chipchura fills a need for the team. I think in the future there won't be any full time enforcers the way there are now. It is stupid to pay a guy half a million dollars to go out for three shifts, wrestle around with someone for 30 seconds, spend the next 15 minutes in the penalty box and sit on the bench for the rest of the game. So there will be more of a premium on bigger players who are willing to fight and much it up but can still play 10 or 15 minutes per game in different situations.

I never said that Chipchura will be a star, my projection for him is 30 points or less per season. I think that Wolski, Schremp, and Alexandrov will probably score more points than Chipchura, (probably Green as well) if they get the playing time. But at #18 in a lean draft, the chances of getting a reliable scorer are pretty remote. The team acquired Radek Bonk to fill a need, and hopefully in 3 or 4 years when Bonk moves on, Chipchura will be ready. A third line centre who keeps the opposition honest and will drop the gloves if necessary. A Scott Thornton, Scott Hartnell, type of player.

Old
07-14-2004, 12:06 PM
TomasPlekanec

I personnaly like DB23, I don't post much, but I read what everybody write and I'm really enjoying his posts, he seems like a knowledgeable guy, so leave him alone, he hasn't done anything wrong..

Old
07-14-2004, 12:09 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Actually this post is more objectionable than anything db23 has ever said. My 13 year old knows better than to speak for anyone other than herself. Frankly, I'm one who has had a run in or two with db23 but it seems we can talk hockey and move on. I think posts or threads about posters specifically are kind of below the line for low blows. I don't know this to be true in terms of rules of the board, the mods are capable of that stuff, I'm talking about how you treat people. Do you talk about people like they aren't in the room when they're sitting in front of you ? Not if you have any class. I think that anyone who has a problem with a posters opinion or the way they're expressed, can find a way to deal with that poster.

Old
07-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I personally have nothing against DB23. Sure there are times when i shake my head or completely disagree with him, but thats normal. His opinion, are just that, his, and no one here can take that away from him really.

Ill probably never agree with him, but that dont mean i hate him. I just often strongly disagree with him, and like some said , what good is a discussion board if every one agrees on everything!

Old
07-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Although I don't agree often with what db23 says, I find trying to make him look like a fool for changing his opinion, by comparing different posts of his, nothing short of despicable.

If you don't like db23, put it on your ignore list. Don't start threads about it. It's clearly against HF rules, and quite immature.

This thread should be closed.

Old
07-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

Awards:
This thread is history..

If I am ever summoned here again to see such a breach of our guidelines, then the starter of and/or contributors to such trash will be history as well.

This is not open to debate.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread