HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 5-Nashville Predators @ Vancouver Canucks (CBC, Team 1040, 5:00pm)

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Exactly, I almost want him to suffer a minor injury so AV cannot play him. No one in the right mind will play Rome at the last few minutes, AV is an idiot whom should be fired much earlier.

Nor should the Sedins be signed, let alone one of them being named captain, if its not Kesler and Burrows then we will be golfing already.
LMAO

Old
05-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Nashville fans are real fans, same as any other team. To say anything less of them smacks of elitism. Nashville has a pretty loyal following and their fanbase, in general, has been incredibly well mannered in this series so far. So let's show them a bit of respect be it on here, their board or the main boards.

Onto Game 5...

What does Ryan Kesler do for an encore? Hopefully he has a few more big goals left in him for Saturday. Another encouraging sign was the Sedin Twins having another solid outting. Now that Hank has finally hit the scoreboard, here's hoping Daniel puts a biscuit in the basket on Saturday.
nm

Last edited by Lucbourdon: 05-06-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old
05-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are

Quote:
Nor should the Sedins be signed, let alone one of them being named captain, if its not Kesler and Burrows then we will be golfing already.
Hank is a great Captain for the even-keel he brings. You don't see him beaking off refs or teammates, letting emotions take control of him, etc. He's f'ing Dolph Lundgren to Kesler's Rocky...except instead of fighting, they're on the same team!

Old
05-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Hank is a great Captain for the even-keel he brings. You don't see him beaking off refs or teammates, letting emotions take control of him, etc. He's f'ing Dolph Lundgren to Kesler's Rocky...except instead of fighting, they're on the same team!
There was a video clip from Round 1 of Henrik talking to a ref while, at the same time, Toews was talking to the other. The difference was astounding. Henrik was engaged in calm dialogue and thus the ref was calm as well. Toews was yelling and gesticulating and the ref he was speaking to was quickly getting angry with him.

Hank is the Captain because he is a diplomat; he keeps an even keel and doesn't lose his composure, even when things are not going well.

But Vancouver_2010 won't be convinced that the Twins are anything better than SEL fodder until they score 10-goals apiece per game en route to a Cup.

Old
05-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Go take a look at there last GDT, then try to come back and say the same thing. 99% of there posts are direct insults to either a - out fanbase / b - our teams dive/embellishment / c - at other hf board members.

I do agree they have a real loyal fanbase, but they are not as "well mannered" as you think. imo
Eh, on their own boards that are entitled to vent. And I've stalked around over there and they have been relatively calm. Different definitions of manners, I suppsoe.

Old
05-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Have you guys seen this yet?, brilliant

Old
05-06-2011, 05:36 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

We're gonna close it out for sure. Rinne isn't so impenetrable these last couple games. 3 1 - Burrows, Salo, Glass / Hornqvist. Luongo makes 30+ saves.

Old
05-06-2011, 05:59 PM
xtr3m

@JamiesonCanucks
#Predators coach Barry Trotz on #Canucks Ryan Kesler: "He's like a Messier out there."

Old
05-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
@JamiesonCanucks
#Predators coach Barry Trotz on #Canucks Ryan Kesler: "He's like a Messier out there."
Ick. Better be Oiler-Ranger Mess and even then, he's nowhere near as dirty.

Smithson is out for the Preds tomorrow, Dumont takes his place.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Not sure how to respond to that, but if you watch Henrik plays in the playoff then you will not make such comments. He should be leading by example, not playing so pathetically that Kesler end up outplaying him. Yes, injury might be a reason why he didn't play up to expectation but so did Linden in 94 and he ends up scoring two goals in game seven.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:08 PM
EskemoJoe

Quote:
@JamiesonCanucks
I hate that comparison, Messier is the scum of the earth.

Also i cant believe people are ready to drop the sedins because of a bad plus minus and a few average games. You call yourselves fans?

Old
05-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Not sure how to respond to that, but if you watch Henrik plays in the playoff then you will not make such comments. He should be leading by example, not playing so pathetically that Kesler end up outplaying him. Yes, injury might be a reason why he didn't play up to expectation but so did Linden in 94 and he ends up scoring two goals in game seven.
And Kesler played lights out last season when he was injured. Can't have it both ways.

The Twins have five points between them in the last two games; I think they're coming on and I think they will be just fine.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Nuckles
Bim Jenning

Quote:
@JamiesonCanucks
Kesler is doing Lays potato chips commercials?!

Old
05-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskemoJoe View Post
I hate that comparison, Messier is the scum of the earth.

Also i cant believe people are ready to drop the sedins because of a bad plus minus and a few average games. You call yourselves fans?
But that's how Kesler is being portrayed at this point; gut it out, do anything to win, drive...drive...drive. The sort of guy who'd take that cheap shot on Linden in '94 just to have the message delivered; labeled a 'villain' by the Nashville media. The other comparison I've seen is Claude Lemieux.

I'll take that sort of guy all day in the playoffs.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Britton

I think Trotz was trolling us all with that comment.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
The Twins have five points between them in the last two games; I think they're coming on and I think they will be just fine.
It all depends on how the other lines/D-pairs take the pressure off of the Sedins. It's as simple as that.

Perfect example of this would be the Bergenheim/Moore/Downie line in Tampa Bay. They were a wrecking machine in game 4 and gave the Capitals headaches on who to throw their checking line/defensive assignments against. This is what the Canucks are lacking in their overall game right now. Kesler has stepped up and that's HUGE. However, it's time for the other players that aren't named Sedin, Kesler, Burrows, etc to take their games to another level.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:25 PM
ziploc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Kesler is doing Lays potato chips commercials?!
Kesler is balding?!

Old
05-06-2011, 06:27 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Matteau!!! Matteau!!! Matteau!!!!

05-06-2011, 06:27 PM
David71

kesler will continue to be on fire getting a goal and a pair of assists. sedins will finally break out.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
And Kesler played lights out last season when he was injured. Can't have it both ways.

It's true that they have played better in the last two games, but do you really think that that's enough? They are not playing a supporting role for heaven sake, they are our leaders in the team.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
It's true that they have played better in the last two games, but do you really think that that's enough? They are not playing a supporting role for heaven sake, they are our leaders in the team.
They are our leaders, but everyone deals with adversity. I think the Twins are coming through theirs.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
They are our leaders, but everyone deals with adversity. I think the Twins are coming through theirs.
I really hope so, and this game will be a perfect situation where the Sedins can show what kind of players they are.

Old
05-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britton View Post
I think Trotz was trolling us all with that comment.
Trotz seems to be passive aggressive... i.e. when he calls out the reffing, it's not a comment actually about the refs... It's the Canuck players taking advantage of the refs... In a round about way, he's in essence probably saying, "the refs are too incompetent to determine a dive or not, and they're easily being suckered in", but he doesn't actually say it...

I'm a big fan of the "subtle dig" approach... One of my favourite subtle digs regarding a Canuck coach... *Crawford regarding a dman (don't remember exactly who)*, "He's not a bad player"...

To the Nashville fans who may be reading this, I say, you should be very proud... You are fans of a not bad team, and to see you all in your arena cheering is, cute...

Old
05-06-2011, 07:14 PM
billvanseattle

Last year we complained that Burrows and Kes needed to step it up. Its gonna be someone every year; and the Sedins are doing OK. We will be playing to tough series yet, prob SJ and then Bos. They are both gonna be *****es to win.

But the Nuckers are doing just fine.

I really don't think we have seen the best this team has to offer yet. And other than D Sedin's goal, we haven't been getting puck luck.

Game 5 will be 4 - 1 vcr.

Old
05-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Lowkey

Quote:
I really hope so, and this game will be a perfect situation where the Sedins can show what kind of players they are.
No matter what they do you will tell us its not enough or say they had a good game BUT...

Closed Thread