HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 6)

View Poll Results: Who would you trade for Kyle Turris?
Brendan Gallagher 1 3.57%
Nathan Beaulieu 0 0%
Lars Eller 1 3.57%
Alexander Avtsin & Michael Bournival 2 7.14%
Louis Leblanc & Yannick Weber 4 14.29%
Two first round picks 0 0%
One first round and two (or three) second round picks 0 0%
Nope! Ain't gonna do it. 20 71.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Too bad Montréal didn't have a solid player playing in the NHL that could be expendable right now, as we should look into Hodgsons. Could be a skilled centre we need.

Though, the price is probably too high and we'd be better off waiting till the 2012 draft and drafting a centre.
Hodgson has had a lot of physical issues the last 2 years, trading for him would be pretty risky.

Old
08-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Habiton

I posted this on the main boards but as you can imagine other teams fans hate us with a passion. Objectively what do you think and will any teams reasonably give us this?

Please stop thinking the Montreal management is going to sell for scraps and stop thinking he is worthless.

Fact:

He is a consistent 20 goal scorer (3/4 seasons, the 1 season he was injured)
He has developed a two-way game this season
He was the Habs leading hitter last season
He has size, skill and determination (Just because every player doesnt live up to their potential doesnt mean they are determined)
His NHL Points average (pending a full season is) ~ 47
His NHL Goals average (pending a full season is) ~ 22
Last season (prorating 1 game) he lived up to his goal total by ~93% and he lived up to his points average by 97.4%, so he is hardly declining.

A 22/47 player with top 6 experience and size and hitting ability in this day in age considered a "Power Forward".

Power forwards are hot commodity, therefore if the Habs decide to trade him (a 'la Penner) it will be for a nice return. Penner got a 1st, 2nd and a Top 10 prospect for his old team.

Penners NHL Goals average is ~25 and Points is ~47.
Penner last season lived up to ~92% of his goal totals and ~95.7% of his point totals. A little less than AK but far, far from decline.
They are almost the *exact* same aside from the fact that Penner is considered a soft player, and AK hardly is.

Lets go over the factual information:

Goals - Penner by 14%
Points - Even
Salary - AK by 20%
Consistency - AK by 2.7%
Tougness? - Even I guess, this is extremely subjective so I dont want to give any bias.

If his name was John Smith I dont think nearly as many people would hate AK. Fact is he is 8.7 points ahead of Penner (by using my above scale, feel free to add).

If we are willing to consider them as somewhat equal then we are willing to concede that his value is or close to:

1st Round Pick, 2nd Round Pick, Top 10 Prospect

If your team isn't willing to give that up then Montreal isnt listening.

We have new management and we aren't idiots. We would rather keep a top 6 forward on the 3rd line then trade for scraps like Hagman and Wolski. Just because he plays on the Habs doesnt make him a piece of s***.

Also did I mention that his salary is ~80% that of Penners. That has to help him out.

/rant.

Old
08-12-2011, 09:20 AM
MathMan

Andrei Kostitsyn is a good and valuable hockey player, and not someone the Habs should trade for scraps. In fact I hope he is retained by the Habs, because guys who can do what he does at his price point (be complementary players on tough-minutes power-on-power first lines) are extremely valuable.

However, Penner is a significantly better player than Kostitsyn, because unlike AKost, Penner is the guy who drives the bus on his line -- at least, he was in Edmonton.

Old
08-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn is a good and valuable hockey player, and not someone the Habs should trade for scraps. In fact I hope he is retained by the Habs, because guys who can do what he does at his price point (be complementary players on tough-minutes power-on-power first lines) are extremely valuable.

However, Penner is a significantly better player than Kostitsyn, because unlike AKost, Penner is the guy who drives the bus on his line -- at least, he was in Edmonton.
Did he jump out of the bus when he got to LA?

His production went from 0.63 PPGM to 0.32 PPGM.

Old
08-12-2011, 03:04 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

Homerism aside, Penner is slightly better offensively. Physically and defensively they're equal. Penner is full of himself ever since he won that ****ing cup with Anaheim. He's a puke.

Old
08-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Pax Macioretty

How about Andrei Kostitsyn and Yannick weber for Tangradi and Engelland?

Pens get the best player, we get a big skilled winger prospect who was once Subban's teammate and we get waayyy tougher on D.

Old
08-12-2011, 11:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

If you think A.Kost is lazzy, you probably didnt see Penner play much..

Old
08-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Subban76

Quote:

Have you seen him play? Especially in LA and in the playoffs?

Penner = over rated, lazy, heartless and no thanks

Old
08-13-2011, 11:40 AM
marcosolodolo

I posted this on the main trade forum but it was either so bad no one wanted to answer or just no one cared anymore but for the sake of discussion, could Kostitsyn + DD or 2nd or 3rd fetch the Habs a package of Hanzal + Pyatt or even just Hanzal?

Old
08-13-2011, 02:06 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosolodolo View Post
I posted this on the main trade forum but it was either so bad no one wanted to answer or just no one cared anymore but for the sake of discussion, could Kostitsyn + DD or 2nd or 3rd fetch the Habs a package of Hanzal + Pyatt or even just Hanzal?
PHX has terrible center depth and Hanzal is their most important center. They are looking to add an offensive center to compliment him. He is extremely valuable to their team and can shut down the best of them in the league. People try to argue his value based on his point totals, but don't let them fool you, PHX won't (should not) be moving him unless it is a big overpayment. This trade makes them worse and does not solve any of their needs. I don't think MTL has what it takes to pry Hanzal away.

Old
08-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Ubercron9000*

the only person i see being traded is andrei k. Our team is full up with depth at the moment. I've seen a lot of weber proposals and I can see why he may be traded away. He is small and not overly physical. How ever trading him now would be useless asset management. If emelin and diaz don't pan out it would be a big mistake. Weber can play and I think he may have a future in montreal.

Old
08-14-2011, 12:29 PM
MattSens65

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
Mtl:

-Kostitsyn
-Kristo
-A pick or another prospect if needed

CBJ:

-Filatov
Whoa...... O.O
Ottawa got him for a 3rd pick.

Old
08-14-2011, 12:33 PM
MattSens65

Also, i dont know why you habs fans always undervalue and throw AK46 around like he's nothing, im from Montreal and i watch their games when im not watching the Sens, and when he is on his game he could be a pretty good player.

Old
08-14-2011, 01:01 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSens65 View Post
Also, i dont know why you habs fans always undervalue and throw AK46 around like he's nothing, im from Montreal and i watch their games when im not watching the Sens, and when he is on his game he could be a pretty good player.
Everybody's like "he wants out; sell him for peanuts" He's turning UFA, but still. I'd say no trade unless there's no way he's re-signing by deadline.

Old
08-14-2011, 01:54 PM
JackZap

not a huge AK fan but I rather have him on the 3rd line and be a replacement for the 2nd line if someone struggles/injured than trading him for a fringe 3rd line player

Old
08-15-2011, 05:59 AM
The Architect
When weasels fly...

Keep AK. By the way, to the poster asking for a 1st, a 2nd, and a top prospect - Penner had an additional year on his contract. That makes a difference.

I'd imagine a 1st and a mid prospect or a high prospect plus mid pick is something that is more realistic if you're set on comparing him to Penner's compensation.

I'd try to find a way to work it out. This new NHL needs depth - the Sharks were lucky last year when Pavelski was giving 3rd line centering duty and didn't take it as offensive. I can see where a top 6 player wouldn't like being off the top 2 lines.

Old
08-15-2011, 10:15 AM
otto bond

If AK as to go then maybe we can swing something with Nashville

To Nashville: Andrei Kostitsyn+conditional pick if Andrei doesn't resign
To Montreal:Blake Geoffrion+ Zach Budish

The Pred get a top 6 RW/LW to play with his brother and some scoring depth with they need with a decent contract.

Montreal gets potential in Blake and more size with Budish down the road.
I could see Blake playing the LW next to Eller with DD on the RW.

Old
08-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
If AK as to go then maybe we can swing something with Nashville

To Nashville: Andrei Kostitsyn+conditional pick if Andrei doesn't resign
To Montreal:Blake Geoffrion+ Zach Budish

The Pred get a top 6 RW/LW to play with his brother and some scoring depth with they need with a decent contract.

Montreal gets potential in Blake and more size with Budish down the road.
I could see Blake playing the LW next to Eller with DD on the RW.
I was just coming on this topic to offer AK for Geoffrion...maybe instead of Budish we could get Gabriel Bourque.

Another guy I would love on the Habs is Kyle Beach from Chicago. I wonder what it would take to get him

Old
08-15-2011, 01:53 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKnPRICE View Post
I was just coming on this topic to offer AK for Geoffrion...maybe instead of Budish we could get Gabriel Bourque.

Another guy I would love on the Habs is Kyle Beach from Chicago. I wonder what it would take to get him
Not much, I was high on him, but now he is approaching bust status.

Old
08-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Not much, I was high on him, but now he is approaching bust status.
He just finished his first full AHL season. 16G 20A 36PTS and 163 PIM is a pretty decent season. Last year in the W he finished with 52G 34A and 186 PIM...I wouldn't call him a bust yet, maybe just a late bloomer. He's having the same development as Ryane Clowe. Could turn out to be a similar player

Old
08-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 50
As of right now, I would be pretty happy with fetching a 1st round pick and a mid-level prospect for kostitsyn. I know there is no imeadiate replacement for AK but with the amount of talent in the 2012 draft, it would be a good move in the long run.

Old
08-17-2011, 12:21 PM
S Bah

With a full season to watch him and Eller playing together,they could become a scoring threat and move up to second line minutes.I'm not so eager to give up on AK's potential as do some others,he may surprise everybody and have a great breakthrough year given steady minutes with the same linemates.

Old
08-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Beendair Donedat

To Pittsburgh: Andrei Kostitsyn, Yannick Weber, 4th rounder

To Montreal: Chris Kunitz, Deryk Engelland

Deal 2
To New Jersey: 2nd Round pick
To Montreal: David Clarkson
New lineup:

Camelleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Eller - Kunitz - Clarkson
Moen - Desharnais - White

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Engelland - Yemelin
Spacek

Old
08-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
To Pittsburgh: Andrei Kostitsyn, Yannick Weber, 4th rounder

To Montreal: Chris Kunitz, Deryk Engelland

Deal 2
To New Jersey: 2nd Round pick
To Montreal: David Clarkson
New lineup:

Camelleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Desharnais-Eller-Kunitz
Moen - White -Clarkson

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Engelland - Yemelin
Spacek
I'd be pretty happy if that turns out to be our starting line-up!

Last edited by Pax Macioretty: 08-18-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old
08-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Bieber fever

Ak

For

Stoll
3rd

Closed Thread