HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs sign 3

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Habs sign 3

Ribs, Hossa and Begin under contract:

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?...&sport=#104842

So Ribs for 1 year and Hossa as well. Not bad, but would have liked longer but makes sense for both parties to see how well he (Ribeiro) can perform.

Begin for 2 years and a club option for a 3rd is an excellent signing.

Last edited by Bill McNeal: 07-14-2004 at 11:38 AM.
Old
07-14-2004, 11:37 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Here's the english version,

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...13_174454_4576

Glad to see some players inked. Ribs and Hossa one year deals, Sunny 2 years, Begin 2 years + a team option.

Last edited by montreal: 07-14-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old
07-14-2004, 11:39 AM
justicex

You forgot Niklas Sundström

Quote:
Le Directeur général du Club de hockey Canadien, Bob Gainey, a annoncé aujourd’hui la mise sous contrat des attaquants Mike Ribeiro, Steve Bégin, Niklas Sundström et Marcel Hossa. Les termes des ententes n’ont pas été dévoilés.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Nice ,Now sign Souray,Ryder,Zednik and Kovalev

Old
07-14-2004, 11:41 AM
PacketFlo

Hmmmmmmm Strange to see Gainey give out 1 year contracts to Hossa and Ribs... I wonder what's to come with Ryder, Zednick, etc.....

Old
07-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacketFlo
Hmmmmmmm Strange to see Gainey give out 1 year contracts to Hossa and Ribs... I wonder what's to come with Ryder, Zednick, etc.....
I'm sure he'll lock up Ryder and Zednik for longer. Zednik for one has shown he can produce on a pretty regular basis. When you sign him, you know you're getting 20-25 goals a year.

Ryder was Calder runner up and is a very hard worker. He'll be signed for at least 2 years.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:45 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacketFlo

I don't think it's strange at all. Hossa needs to show up this year, no need to sign him long term, as he's shown no progression this year. Ribeiro can cash in with another big season, but I would think that Gainey isn't sold on his playoff performance, hence a one year deal. I like it personally. Sunny is a solid vet, takes a paycut, Begin should be here for 3 years, and Hossa and Ribs will need to show Gainey they want to play here. Hainsey I would think will get a 1 year deal as well.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:47 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
Nice ,Now sign Souray,Ryder,Zednik and Kovalev
Shouldnt be long now imo, as Gainey has more time to concentrate on these guys now!

Souray, Zednik, and Ryder will be signed, Kovalev is the one that Gainey has to keep a close eye on.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Mooch

Any one know what their being payed?????

Nothing on the NLHPA site yet.............

Old
07-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I don't think it's strange at all. Hossa needs to show up this year, no need to sign him long term, as he's shown no progression this year. Ribeiro can cash in with another big season, but I would think that Gainey isn't sold on his playoff performance, hence a one year deal. I like it personally. Sunny is a solid vet, takes a paycut, Begin should be here for 3 years, and Hossa and Ribs will need to show Gainey they want to play here. Hainsey I would think will get a 1 year deal as well.
Thats exactly what i was thinking. This also gives a message to Hossa and Ribs that they still are under the microscope by the Habs management. Maybe this will also motivate both to work even harder this summer to earn new contracts next season!

Old
07-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Any one know what their being payed?????

Nothing on the NLHPA site yet.............
Let's make predictions!

Ribeiro: Say 1.75 a year. Maybe being optimistic, but he's only had one good season and it's a one year contract.

Hossa: Obviously a two way contract, but it's probably for something like 800, 000.

Begin: I'll say 900, 000?

I'm probably way off.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:55 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
HMM interesting you know Gainey has a brain if Ribs won't respond next year he'll trade him for sure because he's not big and don't do the job so B.G will see what Ribs gonna do next year same for Hossa a one year deal because it's his last chance to respond IMO if he don't we have to expect a trade for him and Begin did a great job this past year that's why he got a 2 years contract because we need a pest like begin a guy who can play the PK and who can score 10 goals and do the job and he'll make room for the others and give bonecruching hit he's a true pest and a true WARRIOR and he's cheap.

WE have just to wait the signing of Ryder,Zed,Souray I expect a big raison for Ryder not too much for Zed and Souray and We have to wait for Kovy We don't know with which team he gonna sign so I am sure Gainey will have a eye on him.

Old
07-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Let's make predictions!

Ribeiro: Say 1.75 a year. Maybe being optimistic, but he's only had one good season and it's a one year contract.

Hossa: Obviously a two way contract, but it's probably for something like 800, 000.

Begin: I'll say 900, 000?

I'm probably way off.
huummm.......

Ribs id say 1.75 is about right

Hossa, i think he got more, even though he didnt do much last season. At a minimum my guess would be that he got pretty much what he got payed last season, with no raise.

Begin, id have to agree. For the way way he works, and the intensity he brings ever night, hes worth every penny.

I really dont think your off that much at all, but what do i know!

Old
07-14-2004, 11:59 AM
TomasPlekanec

I'd say Ribeiro for $1,800,000
Hossa 2-Way $0,750,000 And
Bégin $0,650,000 ...

I'm probably way off aswell..

Old
07-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Jacques Strappe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
HMM interesting you know Gainey has a brain if Ribs won't respond next year he'll trade him for sure because he's not big and don't do the job so B.G will see what Ribs gonna do next year same for Hossa a one year deal because it's his last chance to respond IMO if he don't we have to expect a trade for him and Begin did a great job this past year that's why he got a 2 years contract because we need a pest like begin a guy who can play the PK and who can score 10 goals and do the job and he'll make room for the others and give bonecruching hit he's a true pest and a true WARRIOR and he's cheap.

WE have just to wait the signing of Ryder,Zed,Souray I expect a big raison for Ryder not too much for Zed and Souray and We have to wait for Kovy We don't know with which team he gonna sign so I am sure Gainey will have a eye on him.
.,?!':; - These are examples of punctuation marks. Even if not used exactly right, they make text easier to read.

My predictions:

Ribs: 1.8 million
Hossa: 2-way 700k
Begin: 900k yr 1, 950k yr 2.

Old
07-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe
.,?!':; - These are examples of punctuation marks. Even if not used exactly right, they make text easier to read.

My predictions:

He doesnt speak or write English so take it easy on the guy. Hes giving an effort and we should commend that!

Old
07-14-2004, 12:20 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe

My predictions:

englsih it's not my first language but my fourth and I am not an adult yet I am 14 so it's hard to know well all of this language and I always forget to make punctuation marks so the next time I will try harder to not forget it thx for remind me that , btw I am giving my 100% to write well so I know that my english isn't perfect but the key is to make atleast an effort and I don't finsh HS yet so when I will finish my HS my english will be near of perfect.

Old
07-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
englsih it's not my first language but my fourth and I am not an adult yet I am 14 so it's hard to know well all of this language and I always forget to make punctuation marks so the next time I will try harder to not forget it thx for remind me that , btw I am giving my 100% to write well so I know that my english isn't perfect but the key is to make atleast an effort and I don't finsh HS yet so when I will finish my HS my english will be near of perfect.
If English is your fourth language, you're doing great. I speak 2 languages, and my French writing is absolutely brutal

What 3 other languages do you speak?

Old
07-14-2004, 12:29 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
If English is your fourth language, you're doing great. I speak 2 languages, and my French writing is absolutely brutal

What 3 other languages do you speak?
Like I said before I am a mexicain/english and a little bit of americain so I am speaking spanish,pashto,french ( I speak this language very often my french is perfect IMO) and english and I am trying to learn more language like Deutch and Persian so I am trying hard when I will finish HS my english will be near of perfect so atleast I am giving a effort you know it's hard for a teen to know four language very well.

Old
07-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hossa, i think he got more, even though he didnt do much last season. At a minimum my guess would be that he got pretty much what he got payed last season, with no raise.
He was qualified and needs to get a 10% raise since he's making under the league's average salary. so $1,075,000 + 10% = $1,182,500. He must still be a 2-way though.

Old
07-14-2004, 12:30 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Good signings. Begin was a slam dunk but I am glad Gainey inked him for two plus a club option. Begin is a heart and soul guy and is a great energy guy game in and game out. Ribs was the top scorer last year after finally getting his chance for regular and top 2 line ice time. He looked great in the regular season but took all but one of the playoff games off (he did look good scoring those two goals against Boston in the post-funky chicken game). I think the one-year deal sends a message, that management isn't quite ready to go the long run with him, so he still needs to show areas of improvement. As for Hossa, good to sign him and hopefully he can finally live up to his potential this season. I would expect he is firmly planted on the proverbial "bubble" this season. Produce or expect to be traded by season's end. Hossa's problem is that other prospects are now catching up to him and could potentially pass him on the NHL-ready chart and he could end up looking inside from outside if he doesn't produce soon.

Old
07-14-2004, 12:50 PM
PacketFlo

Ribs was signed for 1.55 Million!

Old
07-14-2004, 12:52 PM
PacketFlo

Here's the website with all the details.....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=91046

Old
07-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Traitor8

Ribeiro 1.5
Hossa ????
Sundstrom 1.2 then 1.5
Begin ????

Old
07-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Guig

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/HO...N40F561DE.html

Ribeiro: 1.55 M/1 year
Bégin: 1.5 M/2 year (1st year: 700 000K, 2nd year 800 000K, option on the 3rd year: 850 000K)
Sunny: 2.5 M/2 year (1st year: 1.2 M, 2nd year: 1.3 M)
Hossa: 1 year contract

Closed Thread