HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4...continue

Old
05-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Artful_Dodger*

vCash: 500
HF needs a friggin free-for-all board BADDDD.

Artful_Dodger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:23 PM
KzooShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
Remember when Patty used to score goals?
Who?

Is he a former captain like Owen Nolan? Because I've seen them both about as much.

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:24 PM
ramstoria

Well if anyone wants to take me and my perfect record against the wings and in play off games I won't say no.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I'm worried. Game 5 is no gimmie, and if it goes back to Detroit all bets are off.
Do you know how much it's gonna cost me if we make it to the SC. If the Sharks lose 4 in a row, not only do they not deserve that money, they don't deserve to get there period.

Half serious.

Youth Movement Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:28 PM
irregardless
Registered Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KzooShark View Post
Who?

Is he a former captain like Owen Nolan? Because I've seen them both about as much.

He is probably the most frustrating Shark to watch in this series. Always a step behind in the offensive zone, it feels like.

irregardless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:29 PM
USF Shark
Zôion politikòn

I need a real stiff drink after this game...I'm still upset....

barkeep! better make that a triple...

Old
05-06-2011, 09:33 PM
SJSharkzie

I don't even care about missed calls really. The pps could still be 4 to 2 at the end of the day and I would be fine if the refs didn't miss that offsides that gave Detroit a goal. That's the game right there and it pisses me off immensly.

SJSharkzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post

Old
05-06-2011, 09:37 PM
ilikebigjoe

ok wow. so i mean we can all continue to ***** and moan about the refs, and yes they were terrible and were detroits 6th man all night, but what i think is ridiculous and that i cant stand are all you guys, the media, wings fans, especially sharks fans saying that we're in trouble and you are counting out the team. let me lay it out for everyone.

1. san jose knew det was gonna come out hard, at home, and they tried to match it, but just were unable to. this happens.

2. top line needed to be a bit better, play jumbo against dats, not zets at home for game 5.

3. refs clearly gave det the momentum everytime they could use it, then tried to make it seem like they called a fair game by giving SJ half as many pps in the third (even if the game was tied). reffing was horrible, has been all series, but this was just a joke. im not saying its why SJ lost, but it def made it hard for them to win.

4. sick of ****ing listening to ppl say that detroit is the team that can come back from down 3-0. now shark fans are ******** themselves, the media is going to have a field day, and the wings/their fans think theyve got all the momentum. they and every other team down 3-0 or 3-1 says "we have nothing to lose now"....last time i checked, both teams were in the tournament playing for stanley cup, both have something to lose...stupid statement. this sharks team has come back several times and has won every close game these playoffs until this game. we need to relax. its one game. they are going home for game 5, are going to be angry (especially cuz of the refs) and are hopefully going to close this one out just like last year. stop counting out the sharks as soon as they drop a game. ya the wings are good. guess what??? so is SJ. they are actually the better team IMO, and people gotta calm down. i dont get ppl jumping ship and the media making this out to be such a big deal. you dont go 16-0 in the playoffs, the boys battled tonight, got ****ed around, and let their foot off and just tried to get it to OT instead of continue to playing hard in the last 5 mins. lets go sharks. believe in this team fans. stop counting them out after one game. pressure is on detroit, not san jose. the media and ppl have turned being up 3-0 into a disadvantage for the leading team. being up 2-1, then 3-1 these days is apparently a better thing than being up 3-0 and a chance to sweep....cuz the media ****s off. im sick of hearing about it.

sharks will bounce back sunday, i believe in this team. so should all of you.

i apologize for being so blunt, but im obviously pissed off like any other sharks fan lol, and we need to help our team rally, not be afraid every time they lose one game in a series. if this gets to game 7, then worry. until then, pressure is on detroit, despite what ppl say. it will end in game 5, be confident. as long as SJ comes out with the right attitude (we gotta close them out tonight) on sunday, and not (well were still ok if we lose this one), they will prevail.

*also, this was first road game SJ has lost in the postseason. should be confident about this team, not worried cuz they lost one game and it was"the red wings"....

GO SHARKIES GOES!!!!

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:45 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Botching about the reffing only makes you guys sound like the wings fans after game 1. Tonight was a clear cut case of why I hate he let em play mentality. If this game was reffed like the game was supposed to be after the lockout the penalty totals would not have been so one sided. The penalties the sharks earned were all well deserved and happened because the wings were thouroughly out playing the sharks for the first two periods. What makes me feel good about this game was niemi play. Bertuzzi and lidstrom both scored flukey goals and despite being outplayed the sharks had a chance to steal the game.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post

Same here. Notice how the NHL replay conveniently cuts out all that hooking, holding and mugging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebigjoe View Post
ok wow. so i mean we can all continue to ***** and moan about the refs, and yes they were terrible and were detroits 6th man all night, but what i think is ridiculous and that i cant stand are all you guys, the media, wings fans, especially sharks fans saying that we're in trouble and you are counting out the team. let me lay it out for everyone.

1. san jose knew det was gonna come out hard, at home, and they tried to match it, but just were unable to. this happens.

2. top line needed to be a bit better, play jumbo against dats, not zets at home for game 5.

3. refs clearly gave det the momentum everytime they could use it, then tried to make it seem like they called a fair game by giving SJ half as many pps in the third (even if the game was tied). reffing was horrible, has been all series, but this was just a joke. im not saying its why SJ lost, but it def made it hard for them to win.

4. sick of ****ing listening to ppl say that detroit is the team that can come back from down 3-0. now shark fans are ******** themselves, the media is going to have a field day, and the wings/their fans think theyve got all the momentum. they and every other team down 3-0 or 3-1 says "we have nothing to lose now"....last time i checked, both teams were in the tournament playing for stanley cup, both have something to lose...stupid statement. this sharks team has come back several times and has won every close game these playoffs until this game. we need to relax. its one game. they are going home for game 5, are going to be angry (especially cuz of the refs) and are hopefully going to close this one out just like last year. stop counting out the sharks as soon as they drop a game. ya the wings are good. guess what??? so is SJ. they are actually the better team IMO, and people gotta calm down. i dont get ppl jumping ship and the media making this out to be such a big deal. you dont go 16-0 in the playoffs, the boys battled tonight, got ****ed around, and let their foot off and just tried to get it to OT instead of continue to playing hard in the last 5 mins. lets go sharks. believe in this team fans. stop counting them out after one game. pressure is on detroit, not san jose. the media and ppl have turned being up 3-0 into a disadvantage for the leading team. being up 2-1, then 3-1 these days is apparently a better thing than being up 3-0 and a chance to sweep....cuz the media ****s off. im sick of hearing about it.

i apologize for being so blunt, but im obviously pissed off like any other sharks fan lol, and we need to help our team rally, not be afraid every time they lose one game in a series. if this gets to game 7, then worry. until then, pressure is on detroit, despite what ppl say. it will end in game 5, be confident. as long as SJ comes out with the right attitude (we gotta close them out tonight) on sunday, and not (well were still ok if we lose this one), they will prevail.

*also, this was first road game SJ has lost in the postseason. should be confident about this team, not worried cuz they lost one game and it was"the red wings"....

GO SHARKIES GOES!!!!
I don't know that any reasonable fan thinks the Sharks are in trouble now, but they could be if the reffing goes that way for the rest of the series. It was beyond simply bad and crossing into malfeasant. The longer the series goes, the longer Zetterberg and Franzen have to get up to speed, and that could well turn the series. Sharks still are comfortably in the driver's seat, but every extra game is a chance for ******** to happen, momentum to shift or perhaps most importantly, a key player to get injured.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:51 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
Botching about the reffing only makes you guys sound like the wings fans after game 1. Tonight was a clear cut case of why I hate he let em play mentality. If this game was reffed like the game was supposed to be after the lockout the penalty totals would not have been so one sided. The penalties the sharks earned were all well deserved and happened because the wings were thouroughly out playing the sharks for the first two periods. What makes me feel good about this game was niemi play. Bertuzzi and lidstrom both scored flukey goals and despite being outplayed the sharks had a chance to steal the game.
The only calls I'm mad about are both of the offsides calls. Cleary was offside when Bertuzzi scored, and the Sharks weren't offside on their 3-on-1 rush.

rangerssharks414 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Chucknorrislovesyou

Hopefully this loss helps the sharks http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AWEhrJqNGqk for game 5.

Chucknorrislovesyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
Quote:

GO SHARKIES GOES!!!!
Nashville has gotten dominated by vancouver and the series will end in 5 unless toews somehow legally gets inserted into nashville's lineup. if we get past detroit, the series with vancouver will be very tough so the sharks can't afford to jet across the country to detroit while vancouver is healing up. we need all the advantages we can get to beat vancouver.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucknorrislovesyou View Post
Hopefully this loss helps the sharks for game 5.
FIFY

Old
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
The only calls I'm mad about are both of the offsides calls. Cleary was offside when Bertuzzi scored, and the Sharks weren't offside on their 3-on-1 rush.
I'm actually not mad about those so much as the complete DCS on the last goal. Offsides are split second decisions viewed from one side of the rink that can be missed. Three or more calls on a critical play should NOT be missed no matter what, at the very least incidental contact should have wiped the goal.

Old
05-06-2011, 09:59 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Officiating was bad, but this was a game where the Sharks should have overcome it. They didn't show up for most of the game and still pulled off tying the game.

Sucks to lose so late, but what can you do. Bad calls/missed calls happen.

Positives to take from the game: Detroit can't contain the sharks when they are firing on all cylinders, The sharks stayed in it despite not putting in nearly as much effort and Detroit being gifted calls.

We'll end this series eventually.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:03 PM
irregardless
Registered Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Officiating was bad, but this was a game where the Sharks should have overcome it. They didn't show up for most of the game and still pulled off tying the game.
Yeah... the Sharks definitely need to fix this no-show first period problem of theirs. Ughh, come onnnnn.

irregardless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:03 PM
ChubbChubby
My life is a gym

Quote:
Key word here is CAN. I don't think anyone is jumping ship or doubting the Sharks. It's more that we respect the other team and know that the next game isn't a surefire win.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:05 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
Me too! The refs were clearly...well, I don't know what they were.

But the linesmen are usually spot on, they were HORRIBLE! 3 blown offside calls.
1st resulted in the Bertuzzi goal, 2nd resulted in Mitchell's penalty on Datsyuk, 3rd resulted in a no go on a Sharks 3 on 1. I'll give the refs a break since they just generally aren't great but the linesmen shouldn't decide a game.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Minicoop831

Minicoop831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:21 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Do we still have a time out left? I think we might wanna take one.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Phu

What was really great was that the boys closed out the game threatening. I think another 30 secs to 1 minute would have been enough to get the goal back. I think they were as pissed about those blown calls as we were.

Old
05-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
Just finished watching (DVR) ... Damn. Is it too much to ask for a sweep?

Difficult to win when you spot your opponent a 3 goal lead ... Also difficult to win when you can't clear the effin' puck. Jesus ...

Oh, and no more GDT for you Dan ... no more ...

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
Just finished watching (DVR) ... Damn. Is it too much to ask for a sweep?

Difficult to win when you spot your opponent a 3 goal lead ... Also difficult to win when you can't clear the effin' puck. Jesus ...

Oh, and no more GDT for you Dan ... no more ...
Do you have the ability to upload your DVR video?