HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Game 4...continue

Old
05-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
we never get those slapshot goals (like the 1st Lidstrom goal, off the mad scramble). i think that's a problem that needs to be fixed, probably with new personnel. if we're playing the same style as DRW, we should be able to do this.

its a trademark of championship teams. Beauchimen in game 5 vs. Ottawa, even Chicago did a lot of that last year.
You mean like Ian White's goal in game two?

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 11:51 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You mean like Ian White's goal in game two?
not like that. its a different feeling. idk how to explain it, but i'll know when i see it.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 11:56 PM
wtfisthis

vCash: 500
The problem is that this team doesnt really have any guys with a quick and accurate slapper except White. Boyle seems to pass up a lot of good opportunities to shoot, Murray/Wallin can blast it but takes way too long to get it off and has little to no accuracy whatsoever, Demers/Vlasic shots get blocked way too much, so they don't really have much to work with.

wtfisthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
Quote:
we never get those slapshot goals (like the 1st Lidstrom goal, off the mad scramble). i think that's a problem that needs to be fixed, probably with new personnel. if we're playing the same style as DRW, we should be able to do this.

its a trademark of championship teams. Beauchimen in game 5 vs. Ottawa, even Chicago did a lot of that last year.
i think we had a few opportunities like this in the regular season but unfortunately most of them were on Vlasic's stick.

I think the announcer's exact words were "Vlasic Wide!!!" or "Vlasic blocked!!!"

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 12:21 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 999
just re-watch the highlights of the Ducks SCF clinching win in game 5, and the Ducks win over SJ in game 3.. watch how those goals were scored.

those slapshot goals are deflating.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
just re-watch the highlights of the Ducks SCF clinching win in game 5, and the Ducks win over SJ in game 3.. watch how those goals were scored.

those slapshot goals are deflating.
I think you're being a little dramatic about it. It's not any particular type of goal that is deflating. It's any goal in any critical moment of a game that can be deflating.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 01:02 AM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

Lol a lot of you guys are whining like Wings fans! Sure there were some non calls that ended up costing the Sharks. It happens. If this was game 6 I would have a freak out. It's game 4. The Sharks lead 3-1. They played well overall despite the fudge ups from time to time. They'll be fine come Sunday.

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 01:25 AM
Bartcal
HFBoards Sponsor

I would've preferred the Sharks to have finished up the other day since Mother's Day is a suck day to have a game held. I'm not gonna whine about missed calls or missed opportunities. The Sharks could have just shut down after that 3rd goal against; instead, they sucked it up and tied it up. The PP has been too inconsistent in the playoffs. If they'd scored no. 4, this would've been over. They didn't, they have a chance to close it out in front of the fans at home.

Bartcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

*le sigh* we suck again.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote