HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF: #3 Boston Bruins vs. #5 Tampa Bay Lightning - Welcome to the Conference Finals

View Poll Results: Who will win the series?
Bruins will win in 4 8 4.12%
Bruins will win in 5 32 16.49%
Bruins will win in 6 96 49.48%
Bruins will win in 7 34 17.53%
Tampa Bay will win in 4 3 1.55%
Tampa Bay will win in 5 3 1.55%
Tampa Bay will win in 6 15 7.73%
Tampa Bay will win in 7 3 1.55%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Rookie Chargers

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
St. Louis is undoubtedly the key to that team....just like going into the Flyers series Briere was the guy the Bruins had to neutralize.

I think with the way the Bruins top defensive pairing and Thomas is playing the Bruins will make their first Stanley Cup Finals appearance since 1990.
Moore and Bergenheim have a set play where Moore carries the puck around the net then backhands a pass to a trailing Bergenheim at the side of the net.

Little plays like this netted Bergenheim at least 2 goals on consecutive games, goals that I saw anyways.

Bruins need to show some patience like let Moore go around the net and support Thomas by staying at the goal posts.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
With Bergeron out, I see Tampa taking this in 5/6 games...Boston is back to being a one line team.
Even if it was true (it ain't), TB is a team without defense and with a guy in net that will fall on earth any minute.

Even without Bergy, the Bruins are the better team and shpould advance.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 01:46 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
With Bergeron out, I see Tampa taking this in 5/6 games...Boston is back to being a one line team.
all wrong

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Thanks so much for sweeping the Flyers! Too bad you couldn't nail Richards though...Oh well, there's always next season!

Good luck next round! I really like both teams, and although I think the Bruins are the better team, and I am picking you guys to win it in 6, I am still going to root for TB because of the hometown boy done good Ryan Malone. Gotta stick with my Burgh Boys when in doubt.

I got Vancouver winning it all this season, but give them hell the rest of the way, and thanks again! Gawd I hate Philly.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by FONZIE View Post
Assuming Bergeron is in, I think Bruins in 6.

However, I do think the Bruins will lose the first game. I think that 1-3-1 will give them fits in the first game, but they'll figure it out like they did in the regular season,
Yes we did... and do you care to explain why we have to figure it out again ? since we did figure it out already

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
all wrong
Marchand and Recchi will not produce with Kelly as their center....I'm sorry, but as a CBC analyst said last night, Bergeron is the straw that stirs the drink on that line.

Bergeron's absence will unfortunately be the downfall of this team, IMO.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Marchand and Recchi will not produce with Kelly as their center....I'm sorry, but as a CBC analyst said last night, Bergeron is the straw that stirs the drink on that line.

Analysts are wrong most of the time. The Bruins are the better team and with Bergy out, they have all the more motivation in the world to get to the promised land. You have no idea how Marchy or Rex will perform. Until you see it, don't knock Kelly or Marchy and Rex for that matter.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Analysts are wrong most of the time. The Bruins are the better team and with Bergy out, they have all the more motivation in the world to get to the promised land. You have no idea how Marchy or Rex will perform. Until you see it, don't knock Kelly or Marchy and Rex for that matter.
Motivation only goes so far.

Losing your best forward (both offensively and defensively in these playoffs) against a team that has gamebreaking talents like St. Louis, Lecavalier, and Stamkos is a HUGE loss.

I don't know why people are so confident and calling Tampa an easy opponent...they dispatched Washington and came back from a 3-1 deficit against Pittsburgh. I think people are in for a shock when this series starts.

Old
05-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Rubber Biscuit

None of us knows how Seguin will perform until Bergy returns. Sure the obvious thought is that he isn't ready for playoff hockey, but he could come out pumped up and ready to play and impress us all. Plus, now we can see if he can get the PP going.

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 03:02 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
seriously...

Im going to have to start putting the negative nelly's on ignore until each series is over with

This team makes it to the ECF for the first time since 92, ya Bergy goes down with a concussion but all reports indicate he'll be back mid tampa series (and personally i dont think we need him to beat tampa) and yet you'd think the Bruins just lost another 3-0 lead

No other team has shown more heart than the Bruins this post season. None. Maybe the Hawks, but they are gone so it's moot.

I can't stand the negativity, it drives me up a wall.

Old
05-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

It's not negativity.

Anyone thinking this team won't be hurt from losing Bergeron is out to lunch. He's been this team's best player in the playoffs, so obviously Boston is going to take a huge hit.

I also think people are underestimating Tampa Bay...with Roloson and a balanced offense, they will be a tough team to take out.

Old
05-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Boston in 5.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 03:11 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
It's not negativity.

Anyone thinking this team won't be hurt from losing Bergeron is out to lunch. He's been this team's best player in the playoffs, so obviously Boston is going to take a huge hit.

I also think people are underestimating Tampa Bay...with Roloson and a balanced offense, they will be a tough team to take out.
I dont think anyone is denying that, but you're acting as if the sky is falling

Do i think we win the cup without bergeron? no

do i think we can beat tampa without him? yes

Thankfully I'd imagine he'll be back in time to play the last few games against Tampa.

Old
05-07-2011, 03:56 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:

If Kelly centers that line, I would agree.... but I would hope/expect Claude to put Peverley there. It's the most logical move.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
If Kelly centers that line, I would agree.... but I would hope/expect Claude to put Peverley there. It's the most logical move.
Agreed, Pevs needs to be on that line.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 04:22 PM
patty59

Quote:
It's not negativity.

They have a great team, no doubt, you don't make it to the Conference Finals without a good team. But I think the Bruins can over come the loss of Bergeron, especially if he only misses the first 2 games. I think the key to overcoming the loss is to get the PP going and tighten up the PK. It's not as if we are completely ****ed now.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 04:31 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

I like the fact that Roloson may have to sit for a week, that could really cool him down. Or at least that is what I'm hoping...

I think the lose of Bergeron definitely hurts Boston, but I'm in the camp that thinks that Seguin will perform well. I'm hopeful that he just slots into Bergeron's spot with March & Rex. The other lines are clicking too well to mess with IMO.

Hopefully the Western Conference can drag it out for a couple more nights, and get everyone some rest.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

I think the best part about about bergeron being hurt (if that's possible) is Seguin is best fit for this type of series.

Tampa doesn't have much intimadating and he can play his game

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 04:40 PM
KillerKampfer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
I think the best part about about bergeron being hurt (if that's possible) is Seguin is best fit for this type of series.

Tampa doesn't have much intimadating and he can play his game
This is a good post. I agree with that Seguin will be entering the playoffs in a pretty good spot. Just like Philly was a good matchup for our first line to break out of its funk and start scoring, I was never worried about Horton Lucic or Krejci against them.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
The Real Timmy

this may be the wrong thread for this so I apologize but can someone tell me the name of the street that's (I think) 2 blocks from the garden where you can basically park for free if you find a spot. I am coming up from NJ and did it last year I just can't remember the name of the street.

thanks

The Real Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 04:48 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

The loss of Jack Edwards is gonna hurt me, I'll tell you that...I'll wait and see what happens minus Patrick Cleary. Even if they lose Game 1 (6-game win streaks don't come too easily to the Bruins) I'll give 'em until Game 2 to figure out how to right the ship without the 1st Officer.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 04:59 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

If he's ready I see no reason to not play Kampfer over Hnidy. Hnidy is average just over 3 minutes a game, and Kampfer has proven himself at the NHL level and he has produced against Tampa. Give me Kampfer and Seguin centering Marchand and Recchi and I'm happy. Why mess with the chemistry of the 4th line or between Kelly and Peverly?

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 05:06 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
If he's ready I see no reason to not play Kampfer over Hnidy. Hnidy is average just over 3 minutes a game, and Kampfer has proven himself at the NHL level and he has produced against Tampa. Give me Kampfer and Seguin centering Marchand and Recchi and I'm happy. Why mess with the chemistry of the 4th line or between Kelly and Peverly?
Adding two rookies to the lineup sounds risky. I'd give it a shot if it were mid-season, but might be tempted to avoid forcing the Kampfer issue unless it becomes absolutely necessary. Even with limited time, I think I feel better about Sheriff in the lineup at this time.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 05:07 PM
BruinsFanMike82

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
I agree with all of this, but I just don't see Claude giving Seguin 2nd line minutes in the 3rd round of the playoffs especially considering he has zero playoff experience.

BruinsFanMike82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

I personally think Seguin will make an impact this series and when bergeron is healthy to come back Thornton will be on the sideline

This year feels different then any other year. When I watch the bruins I dont feel as nervous and it feels like they'll win any night

Seguin stepping up just feels right

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote