HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eaton and Hnidy agree to terms

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
Eaton and Hnidy agree to terms

Also heard via 99.7, that Tomas Vokoun and Marek Zidlicky are very close in signing new deals...aka they dropped their arbitration cases

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...p?item_id=5092

That just leaves the Timins Tornado and Vlad The Impailer to be signed/case ruling

Old
07-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Preds

Cool

Old
07-15-2004, 10:32 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
NHLPA is saying that Eaton is signed for $1,000,000 next year and Hnidy for $725,000 next year.

Old
07-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

I had a feeling that Eaton would get more than double of last year's salary...he's definitely worth it

Old
07-15-2004, 10:47 PM
predhead1

Excellent news - glad to see Eaton is under wraps. I suppose Hnidy will provide some depth at least. I still think Hutch or Mukachev will be with the big club next season.

Old
07-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

1 million is nothing if Eaton continues to play the way he did last year. I'm not worried about Orszagh's abritration case....He has consistently hit around 30 points per season, and I cannot see him getting more than 1.5 million. Barnaby could be used as a player to model him after, and even then, Barnaby scores more points, has more pims, etc. than Orszagh ever has.....and he only signed for an average of about 1.7 million a year...

Sullivan concerns me, though. He had scary numbers when he was traded to us last year, and that can be used against us. Just about the only thing working in our favor in a arbitration case, is his playoff numbers.......which were non-existant. What is Stevie looking for? How much higher than 3 million are the Preds willing to pay? 4? 4.5? Is Sullivan good enough to be our Miroslav Satan or Sykora? I don't know if he is.........especially with the uncertainty of the new market. I'd love to see him back in a Preds uni, but I sincerely hope he signs at a decent price/length.

07-16-2004, 01:51 AM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
I'm pretty positive he'll want somewhere from 4-5 mill. It's been said in the past he wanted around that from Chicago, and I really don't see any reason why this wouldn't be the case here. I don't buy the rationale behind him taking less because he'd "take a discount to play for the Predators".

He most likely won't get signed at 3, that's for sure. The Predator's will let him walk as opposed to overpaying at around 5mill, so it could very well get sketchy soon.

Old
07-16-2004, 02:41 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
I'm pretty positive he'll want somewhere from 4-5 mill. It's been said in the past he wanted around that from Chicago, and I really don't see any reason why this wouldn't be the case here. I don't buy the rationale behind him taking less because he'd "take a discount to play for the Predators".

He most likely won't get signed at 3, that's for sure. The Predator's will let him walk as opposed to overpaying at around 5mill, so it could very well get sketchy soon.
Maybe it's the un-rational side of me but I would like to believe that he feels good about playing in Nashville. The fact the managemeant, team and city as a whole love him and would love him to stay. So I'm hoping he would sign for a bit to 'play for the Preds'.

I could be totally wrong though.

Old
07-16-2004, 01:07 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Maybe it's the un-rational side of me but I would like to believe that he feels good about playing in Nashville. The fact the managemeant, team and city as a whole love him and would love him to stay. So I'm hoping he would sign for a bit to 'play for the Preds'.

I could be totally wrong though.
if he wants over 4.5 I say let him walk

Old
07-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=34472

Old
07-16-2004, 02:22 PM
PredsMan

Sullivan's arbitration is gonna be scary, if you ask me...

He's not a premier player, but he's the next tier down.

I would not be surprised if he gets $5 mil. I would hope that Poile can get something worked out with him in the $3.5-4.5/yr range for 2 or 3 years.

If it goes to arbitration, the Preds will lose badly. Not to mention, he'll most likely get a 1 year settlement out of it, and that makes him a UFA next season. I sure hope both parties come to their senses and get it done, in a reasonable fashion of course.

Old
07-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Jarnberg

I don't care what it takes, sign Sullivan.

It will especially look bad to the local media if we lose Sullivan because they will see it as the team taking steps back again. The Sullivan trade not only made the team stronger (especially in our offense), but it also showed the local media that the team was moving out of the expansion era.

Closed Thread