HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg's NHL Team/Canucks' AHL Affiliate

Old
05-11-2011, 04:16 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 500
Detroit would be perennial Cup finalists if they ever moved to the East... just total domination right there. And so the dynasty lives on.

vanuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 04:24 AM
Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
Coyotes going to Winnipeg isn't happening next season people. Glendale is getting another year to try and close a deal. So lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Also, the Jets name won't happen if we get a new team. True North Enterprises does not own the name so get over the idea the Jets will be back, because they wont... EVER! So mewh!
Canucks bought the Millionaires name so it's not completely out of the question. But I do doubt it happens.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
If that were the priority... based on the franchise map above:

Van, Cal, Edm, Wpg, Min
SJ, LA, Ana, Pho, Col
Det, Dal, Chi, StL, CBJ

Nash into the SE

That would be the best from a travel/time zone standpoint if Van doesn't slide into the Pacific.
This is what makes the most sense to me too. If it's Phoenix, the Eastern conference remains intact. If it's Atlanta, then they get Nashville. Dallas will not be thrilled about being tossed into the same division as Detroit and Chicago though haha.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:55 AM
jimmythescot

The Winnipeg Coyotes? Sure, why not? The Winnipeg Thrashers would give me nightmares.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:14 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by spixel View Post
Canucks bought the Millionaires name so it's not completely out of the question. But I do doubt it happens.
TNE even stated if they do get a team it won't be called the Jets and the Millionaires are a bit different situation. The Jets name and logo are tied in merchandising limbo as of now. There is no way it will happen, and that is solely based on those two reasons alone. Not owning said property and also not wanting said property. So there Ms. Chriqui! hehe

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 03:15 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
The Winnipeg Coyotes? Sure, why not? The Winnipeg Thrashers would give me nightmares.
Again, not happening. Glendale and the NHL love losing money so they'll give it a 2nd go of being bent over. Just saying. It's really sad the state things are in right now.

Old
05-11-2011, 04:25 PM
jimmythescot

Quote:
Again, not happening. Glendale and the NHL love losing money so they'll give it a 2nd go of being bent over. Just saying. It's really sad the state things are in right now.
My comment was more directed towards the return of the Buff.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 05:05 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Apparently TNE will rename the team 'Manitoba Moose' if they get a team.

Old
05-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Apparently TNE will rename the team 'Manitoba Moose' if they get a team.
I guess thats familiar enough.

Eminem could sing the anthems.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:34 PM
ItWasTheCat

A few weeks ago I heard the name Manitoba Falcons being thrown around. Not a fan, but then again I think it was pure speculation anyway.

ItWasTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:26 PM
lanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasTheCat View Post
A few weeks ago I heard the name Manitoba Falcons being thrown around. Not a fan, but then again I think it was pure speculation anyway.
I heard this rumour. I heard the jerseys have been designed and are ready for roll out. It's just a rumour, but it's more than speculation.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 08:32 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

But the falcon is a bird, just like the thrasher... does TNE know something about which team is moving to the Peg?

Old
05-11-2011, 08:36 PM
ddawg1950

I believe it would be great to have Winnipeg as a division rival and like other posters I have a lot of fond memories of the Nucks and Jets mixing it up.

And just think, all those posters Manitoba posters that we love because they keep us informed about the Moose' progress would become our hated rivals and then they could repeatedly tell us how classless we are.

Win-win.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:18 PM
The Big Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
I believe it would be great to have Winnipeg as a division rival and like other posters I have a lot of fond memories of the Nucks and Jets mixing it up.

And just think, all those posters Manitoba posters that we love because they keep us informed about the Moose' progress would become our hated rivals and then they could repeatedly tell us how classless we are.

Win-win.
Can you imagine Pensfan if we traded Lack to the Thrashers?

The Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Ernie

Quote:
Coyotes going to Winnipeg isn't happening next season people. Glendale is getting another year to try and close a deal. So lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Also, the Jets name won't happen if we get a new team. True North Enterprises does not own the name so get over the idea the Jets will be back, because they wont... EVER! So mewh!
You must be the only hockey fan in Winnipeg who doesn't want a NHL team.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 09:40 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 122
I'm always gonna be a huge Canucks fan, a (slightly less) huge Habs fan regardless of if Winnipeg gets a team (I "believe" it will happen )..in addition I will be a huge Manitoba fan.

I would love to see them in the same division so I could see the Canucks here in Winnipeg more, but I don't think it will be like the old division with 4 Canadian teams when the Jets were around.

roccerfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:56 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
I would actually be ok with leaving the NW all together and moving into the pacific with Dallas finally moving into the Central where they belong and would thrive with time zones.

I think Winnipeg should slide into the NW with Nash sliding into the SE, and Dal into the Cen.

You need to keep Det in the west imo... the 2 O6's really still have a lot of pull.

Van, SJ, LA, Ana, Pho
Cal, Edm, Wpg, Col, Min
Det, Dal, Chi, CBJ, StL

cool map... I have always had an idea of what this looks like in my head but it`s nice to see it nonetheless. If Winnipeg does indeed get the Thrashers, then they will join the NW division, without question.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 12:14 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Looking at that map, I still can't quite believe just how freaking far east the BJ's, Wings and Preds are. Those teams in the East like the Flyers, Devils, Rangers etc sure have it easy though being all bunched up together.

Old
05-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Screw Byfuglien.

It will be the wrath of Evander Kane that will haunt us someday.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 01:07 AM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
You must be the only hockey fan in Winnipeg who doesn't want a NHL team.
I'm the only hockey fan with sense in Winnipeg, perhaps. *ducks for cover* You're paying next to nothing to see the NHL superstars of tomorrow, today. We're talking seats up at the glass going for 20 to 32 dollars depending where your seats are. Behind the net seats go for 20 and behind the player benches go for 32. Season ticket holder prices mind you. Either way, those would be 200-400 dollar seats once the NHL comes to town. Remember, and I love sounding like a broken record, but 85 percent of the NHL is former AHL alumni. Should the cost of tickets dictate a 100-150 percent price increase when the overall talent and skill level from the AHL to the NHL is no where near that? Heck no!

I am just happy to pay family happy prices for a good show. Is that so wrong? I love going to live hockey games. Live quality hockey games and seeing many games a year 20-40. With the NHL, I'll be lucky to go to a few. So yeah, call me unimpressed by all this NHL talk. It's also 15 years of repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat... it's like the boy who cried wolf. Sooner or later you gotta say, "put up" or "shut up." I choose to say "shut up."

Old
05-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

So today it came out that the Thrashers are having talks to move to Winnipeg.

They should try hard for Schneider as their goalie and it'd be good for them to have a rivalry with the Canucks with all their ex-Blackhawks.

Maybe we can get Ladd for Schneider +.....

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 04:00 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

It also came out that they're also having talks to keep the team in Atlanta, so really nothing has changed.

As for this thread, I'd be okay with it. Byfuglien in our division. Finally we'd have the ultimate division rival.

05-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Scouter

vCash: 478
Yes, Evander Kane, Burmistrov, Ladd, Enstrom, Byfuglien, Pavelec, yes please.

Last edited by Scouter: 05-16-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 04:13 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Quote:

The NHL owns the Jets name/logo. The team likely could have it back, TNE doesn't want to have the Jets. Allegedly because they have invested a lot into branding the Moose in Winnipeg and would like to not have to start over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
Thrashers works with the wheat farming aspect. It was pointed out on twitter today that Winnipeg (or Manitoba) Thrashers was a team in Scott Young's hockey books.

topheavyhookjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 04:15 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

They want to go with Winnipeg Moose?

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote