HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

WCSF | GAME 5 | Sharks vs Red Wings | 5:00PM PT | VERSUS (HD),TSN (HD),RDS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Sleepy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burple View Post
Exactly right. Marleau singlehandedly unraveled his teammates' splendid effort. The question is, what should management, coaches, and captain do about it now?
Marleau was terrible. Not sure what you "do" about it. There's not someone that was scratched who is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHALUPA
Wallin wasn't the guy who blew right by his check on the tying goal. Wallin wasn't the one who absolutely failed his check on Datsyuk that led to the 4-3 goal. Marleau was absolutely dreadful defensively. Not to mention that we expect Wallin to be bad, and Marleau is supposed to be one of our best players, and he is playing like one of our worst.
Wallin blew his check on the game-winning tip-in. He blew his check on the goal before and decided to straddle the goalpost instead of playing defense. Wallin has nothing redeeming about his game. *Nothing*. Him suiting up every game is a mystery that is quickly surpassing the league's wheel-of-justice. I'd understand it if there were no other options, but Braun would be better in every way.

Old
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
Wallin/White -3. Niemi letting in 4 on 22 shots. Marleau stinking it up huge. Blowing a 3-1 lead. Am I to believe that this team can still win this series?

Old
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
SHARKS

Old
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
I'm in utter shock right now. It's hard to be mad at the team because I truly believe they didn't let up in the third. Marleau is the only one who has no excuse, and I'm tired of McLellan giving him the pass.
its not just mclellan its the fans also, management also, and even the media.

marleau will go ice cold (where he is utterely useless 5 on 5, 5 on 4, 5 on 3) for a string of like 5+ games, and then he will score 4 goals in 3 games and every one will be kissing his butt like he is the second coming of god.

Old
Kitten Mittons

I am so glad I have a final on Tuesday and will have to miss the game. Don't wanna see another choke.

Old
Felys

Someone call me when this team can score more than 1 goal in a period.

Old
05-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
And I have been wondering...
Marleau is the new Tin man, isn't he?

Old
Chubbs
Toasty

I thought Wallin was fine. The goals he was out for were broken plays and there's nothing you could really do there. The two goals where Marleau was out is completely different and falls on him.

Old
Minicoop831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
You guys are such drama queens. All five games have been close. We're up 3 - 2 against Detroit, a great team, who cares what order the games were in?

You think the 2011 Sharks are the first team to go up 3 - 0 then lose the next two games? The same thing happened to the 2004 Sharks, and the 2008 Stars, and plenty of other teams, and how did it go for them? Nothing is over now just like nothing was over when we were up 3 - 0.

You talk about the team giving up but you're the ones ready to jump off a bridge the second the team sees any adversity at all.

I am lucky to be able to see Game Six live. I look forward to it.
I guess we've had to many bad experiences in the past, quite frankly I just want to puke right now

Old
sjsharklover

Quote:
You guys are such drama queens. All five games have been close. We're up 3 - 2 against Detroit, a great team, who cares what order the wins were in?

You think the 2011 Sharks are the first team to go up 3 - 0 then lose the next two games? The same thing happened to the 2004 Sharks, and the 2008 Stars, and plenty of other teams, and how did it go for them? Nothing is over now just like nothing was over when we were up 3 - 0.

You talk about the team giving up but you're the ones ready to jump off a bridge the second the team sees any adversity at all.

Its not that they are up 3-2..Its not that they lost...Its how they lost...same story with this team..they either come out slow or let up when they are up...they are too soft....start hitting for gods sake

Old
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Quote:
You guys are such drama queens. All five games have been close. We're up 3 - 2 against Detroit, a great team, who cares what order the games were in?

Old
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Here's why this sucks:

Either

1.) This 3rd period choke job is the end of the series, like when the Sharks blew a third period lead against Edmonton in Game 3, lost that game, then 3 more in a row and lost the series in 6.

OR

2.) They nut up and win the series in 6, like they did in the 04 playoffs, only to put up a pathetic effort out of the gate in the WCF.

Either way, it's not so hot. Obviously 2 is better than 1, and it would be nice if Nashville pushes their series to seven while the Sharks find a way to win and not lose three straight and become the laughing stock of the NHL.

Old
Thepainter

Absolute garbage tonight. Detroit did not deserve it, but still found a way to win... those non-calls the other night look pretty damn important now.

Old
OneTooth

Wow, JR is railing on Marleau.

Old
Phu

Now for a little second-guessing. Is it me or on the tying goal, did Niemi's pad and the puck get run into the goal by a Red Wing diving into the crease?

Old
05-08-2011, 09:47 PM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
And I have been wondering...
Marleau is the new Tin man, isn't he?
In this playoffs yes definitely.

Old
05-08-2011, 09:47 PM
5H4RK5

.....................you have to play 60 grueling minutes against the Wings not 59 or you lose unless of course it's OT.

Old
05-08-2011, 09:48 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharklover View Post
Its not that they are up 3-2..Its not that they lost...Its how they lost...same story with this team..they either come out slow or let up when they are up...they are too soft....start hitting for gods sake
Again, that's just generalizing. The team played well. Marleau didn't. Marleau singlehandedly lost them this game.

Old
sjsharklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepainter View Post
Absolute garbage tonight. Detroit did not deserve it, but still found a way to win... those non-calls the other night look pretty damn important now.
I Disagree the Red Wings did deserve it tonight..They fought hard like their plaoff lives depended on it and it worked....the Sharks should take notes..I still dont like the Wings but they deserve it tonight

Old
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Now for a little second-guessing. Is it me or on the tying goal, did Niemi's pad and the puck get run into the goal by a Red Wing diving into the crease?
Looked more like a Shark diving into Niemi.

Old
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
I love patty but tonight he completely blew it.
I gotta agree man, I love Marleau too, but he HAS to pick it up both defensively and offensively. Niemi has to be more clutch too.

Old
05-08-2011, 09:49 PM
ilikebigjoe

you know, i back up this team constantly. i am sick of hearing the **** from the media etc as ive voiced several times on these boards.

well now holy **** **** are we gonna hear it, and we deserve to after this game.

marleau needs to sit, or play on the 4th line period. hes showing no effort, no finish, no heart.

time out needed to be called.

power play is ****ing putrid.

that was a typical choke from our team. and im sick of it, now they have planted the doubt in my head even. i still like our team better on the road than at home. i dont think they feed off the crowd as much as everyone thinks.

they thought once it was 3-3 that they could just keep playing their game and everything would turn out ok....well boys, throw that mindset out the ****ing window and start playing desperate hockey.

this team can usually win tight games. but something i cant stand about us is that if we get the lead, we cant build on it, nor can we even sustain it. its juts a matter of time before we blow it.

the most frustrating part was it was pretty much 3-1, bang bang bang det wins.

ive put my heart and soul into this team and if they cant come out in game 6 with a spirited effort then that speaks for itself. they should be nothing short of completely ashamed of themselves, and they SHOULD be worried now.

Old
Chubbs
Toasty

How could a player of his talent level have such an off-switch in the playoffs? It's mind-boggling. Again, I don't care that he isn't scoring because he doesn't really need to. What I do care about is his effort level which is obviously not there. At this point I'm convinced that it's just in his nature and I want him gone. I'm done defending him.

Old
sjshrky27

Trade Marleau.

It has begun...

Old
Naki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharklover View Post
I Disagree the Red Wings did deserve it tonight..They fought hard like their plaoff lives depended on it and it worked....the Sharks should take notes..I still dont like the Wings but they deserve it tonight
Detroit got dominated for most of the game. I don't see how they deserved to win.

Closed Thread