HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF | GAME 5 | Sharks vs Red Wings | 5:00PM PT | VERSUS (HD),TSN (HD),RDS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2011, 10:15 PM
OneTooth

vCash: 500
Let's not put all the blame on Marleau. Niemi is/was awful. His rebounds are atrocious, his puck handling is horrific and every save after the first is a scramble because he's sprawled on the ice. He needs to tighten it up.

Old
burple

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
The Sharks need to pick it up around Marleau. It's kinda simple really. The Wings have done that around Zetterburg and Franzen in the past two games.

I know the highest of the totem pole gets the flak... but let's face it... Wally, Whitey, Juicy, Crabby and Heater all coughed up huge goals at very important defensive points in the game.
Mistakes happen in hockey. What has gotten everyone's ire directed at Marleau is the obvious lack of effort. I'm a 42-year-old college professor and I will -- as usual -- work harder at drop-in tomorrow morning than Marleau did tonight. That's why JR called him out.

Old
Wedontneedroads

vCash: 50
very VERY disappointing to watch them squander a 2 goal lead in the third.

that's usually not what championship caliber teams do. sharks still don't look like they have figured out who they want to be yet.

vancouver lost at home too guys, so don't go jumping off any bridges.

sharks still only have to win 1 of 2 games.

sharks are 6-3 vs detroit this year, so i like our chances.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjc View Post
sigh, time to pony up for round 3/4 as payment is due tomorrow....
The Sharks always pick the best times to make us pay more money

Old
05-08-2011, 10:16 PM
sjsharklover

I do love Marleaus game but if he is not hurt what the hell is going on..is Detroit taking him out of his game or is he just lost out there???

Old
05-08-2011, 10:18 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTooth View Post
Let's not put all the blame on Marleau. Niemi is/was awful. His rebounds are atrocious, his puck handling is horrific and every save after the first is a scramble because he's sprawled on the ice. He needs to tighten it up.
No, the blame goes all on Marleau. Niemi wouldn't have to scramble and peek around screens if Marleau actually played defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharklover View Post
I do love Marleaus game but if he is not hurt what the hell is going on..is Detroit taking him out of his game or is he just lost out there???
Marleau was mediocre in the LA series too so...

Old
05-08-2011, 10:19 PM
allworldcaucasn*

Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
***en BS. We had that game wrapped up twice with a two goal lead. No excuse for that. The go ahead goal I saw way better than Niemi did, but I suppose that's not uncommon from certain places in the stands. I thought Cleary was Detroit's best skater, and Marleau still isn't sharp mentally. He's a split second slow out there.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:20 PM
sjsharklover

And Rally towels ????? can we give out something at Game 7 that is a little more noticable....pom poms or everyone gets teal shirts or somethin....im so mad at the fans (even though the team lost it) should be cheering for a full 60 minutes and if you think it cant be done watch Tuesday Night

Old
05-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Slurms McKenzie
Wam wam wazzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
The Sharks always pick the best times to make us pay more money
it used to be autopay by round but since i'm splitting with 3 other people we have to bulk 2 rounds together and pay...and the same crap happened last year too where we weren't guaranteed round 3/4 by the time payment was due

Old
05-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Clowe Me

Very disappointed..

Old
05-08-2011, 10:22 PM
JeremyTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Clowe, dont say anything. your **** talking has woken up a better defenseman than anyone on our team*(minus Boyle).

if this team doesnt figure out a way to beat a team theyre better than (yeah, i said it) they'll be the laughing stock of the world. "lulz ESPN, Melrose, TSN.. they still know how to choke!" i cant wait to read about this **** all summer.

Thornton needs to beat Zetterberg, but he cant. he cant even beat 70% of him. add that to his dive, and the man is an embarassment of a captain. less pts than dives and penalties tonight. Couture is a better leader than him, and he's rookie that tweets more than he dekes (yes, i rhyme when i'm pissed). Cup or bust with this guy. if they choke this lead away, i want him stripped of the captaincy. it's ridiculous. i'm done defending this guy. it cant be done. the best, biggest, most skilled player on the team spends the most time in the penalty box, and when hes not doing that, he's complaining to refs. get over it. you're bigger.

what about our former captain, Patrick Marleau, not much better - heck, he's been worse than the diver. loses a key puck battle to a man with one wrist; boom, pucks in the net..

great job around the net, boys. you're really supposed to crash into your own goalie. thats how you drive the net! if we spent this much time running Howard, we sweep this DRW team.

there is no excuse for this. we are a better, more talented team. our coach knows all their secrets. we play the same way. we had a 3 game head start in a race to 4 wins. no excuses, period. just fix this ****.

all i asked for was them to not embarrass me, but i guess thats too much to ask for.

/rant
Thornton is not to blame here. Even the NHL analysis team have been praising Joe how how well he has played on both sides of the ice.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Anybody who posts anything derogatory about Thornton without completely trashing Marleau is off their ****ing rockers.

Well, that was another in a long series of regrettable life choices
Old
05-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Hopper15

I just knew the momentum would shift after Heatley took that penalty. God I hate him.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:24 PM
SharksAddict

Still think they will win this series, but that was a punch to the gut tonight.

We'll see how they play Tuesday night. How they come out in that game will tell us a lot about the team.

Marleau needs to be dropped off the top line if he is going to keep this act up.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper15 View Post
I just knew the momentum would shift after Heatley took that penalty. God I hate him.
Pahleeeeez

Old
05-08-2011, 10:27 PM
OneTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
No, the blame goes all on Marleau. Niemi wouldn't have to scramble and peek around screens if Marleau actually played defense.
I don't know if you're joking but Niemi let in more than just the Marleau goal. Two of which were possibly stoppable if he wasn't sprawled out and tangled up with his players after the first save.

I think a little more composure from Niemi would go a long way. He seems to overcommit and leaves a gaping hole in net a lot.

Old
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Yes, Please unsticky this thread. It's getting absolutely no attention

Old
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyTB View Post
Thornton is not to blame here. Even the NHL analysis team have been praising Joe how how well he has played on both sides of the ice.
exactly why he shouldnt be in the box.

i'm pissed at Marleau too. i dont care if hes injured. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are too, and i already gave him a pass for being injured in POs before.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Pinkfloyd

Gotta channel that inner-2004. Went up 3-0...blew a game 5 lead. Went on the road for game six. Won it there. This team is capable of closing it out in Detroit. It's not over yet but it's getting close to it. As for Marleau, as bad as he played, you can't bench him. You have to give him every opportunity to turn it around.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Bizz06
#FireDougWilson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
As for Marleau, as bad as he played, you can't bench him. You have to give him every opportunity to turn it around.
Yep, McLellan gave him the opportunity to turn it around right after he caused the Wings to tie the game, and look how that turned out.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

If anything, we'll get to see if this team has indeed changed, or if they are the same old Sharks.

Their backs pretty much are against the wall now even though they still lead the series 3-2. All eyes will be on them, and everyone is predicting them to fail. It is up to them to prove otherwise.

It's time for the team to show its true colors.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz06 View Post
Yep, McLellan gave him the opportunity to turn it around right after he caused the Wings to tie the game, and look how that turned out.
Maybe so but you still don't bench him.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:35 PM
sjsharklover

their done hate to say it

Old
05-08-2011, 10:35 PM
JeremyTB

We can't even really move Marleau down because he will ruin the other two lines. Unless you put him on the 4th line. He may have also cost the team the game tying goal as the pass was headed to Seto for 1 timer with half the net but Marleau picked it off and got nothing out of it.

Old
05-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Maybe so but you still don't bench him.
You do, at some point, take him our of critical situations. Now is that time.

Closed Thread