HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Benoit Pouliot: not tendered qualifying offer (June 27)

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
"They never believed in me in Montreal. As soon as I made a mistake, I was benched. Here I'm allowed to learn and I guess that's why I feel so confident and am being successful".

- Benoit Pouliot, after scoring his 27th goal of the season, February 24th, 2012.
When was he ever "benched"?

Old
06-26-2011, 03:13 PM
plafleur10

Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
When was he ever "benched"?
For the 2nd half of the season he played-6 minutes per game...nobody, whatever teh talent, will score goals that way.

He might not have developped his full potential, but Ithought for one his play on the 3rd line was quite adequate...best ratio of salary per goal among Habs forwards...

But Jacques Martin and the Goat are major a...holes. Once they write you off, you're dead.

They camouflage their lack of imagination and creativity by taking the hard line on 3rd and 4th liners.

God forbid Pouliot ends up with Bruins or Leafs and comes back to haunt us...

Old
06-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
"They never believed in me in Montreal. As soon as I made a mistake, I was benched. Here I'm allowed to learn and I guess that's why I feel so confident and am being successful".

- Benoit Pouliot, after scoring his 27th goal of the season, February 24th, 2012.
I'm sorry, but sometimes the guy has to meet you half-way.

Guys who play like bums and work like bums don't deserve much of a chance.

Old
06-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I'm sorry, but sometimes the guy has to meet you half-way.

Guys who play like bums and work like bums don't deserve much of a chance.
I've heard this with Ribeiro, Latendresse, SKost, AKost, D'Ago. Can we have some kind of patience for these players, or at least trade them for something?

Old
06-26-2011, 03:26 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
I've heard this with Ribeiro, Latendresse, SKost, AKost, D'Ago. Can we have some kind of patience for these players, or at least trade them for something?
one of them sticks out...

Old
06-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
one of them sticks out...
What, AKost? Public opinion wants him gone more than Gomez...

Old
06-26-2011, 03:36 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
My friend's uncle's brother's sister in law's sister's niece is dating a young boy whose father once saw Bob Gainey... on TV.

They're not going to let Pouliot walk for free. That would be pretty stupid.
According to Renaud lavoie (RDS), Pouliot WON'T be given a qualifying offer and will become UFA on July 1st...

If it's the case: what a waste.

I was hoping PG would trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick at least.

Total fiasco. And we traded Latendresse for THAT !

Old
06-26-2011, 03:37 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:

That does sound bad, but isn't Feb 24th around the time he stops scoring for the rest of the year?

Seriously, I DO think we should qualify him and then see what he does in camp before deciding his role on the team. He might get a break to start with Eller out. Then it's up to him to keep it up.

But he's got to work as hard as he was working when he was on the goal scoring tear with Gomez and Gionta in early 2010. Forecheck hard, backcheck hard, go to the net with authority, release the puck QUICK.

Old
06-26-2011, 03:38 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
What, AKost? Public opinion wants him gone more than Gomez...
go read the akost re-signing thread. i'll bet you'll be surprised at what you will find inside.

Old
06-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:

I sort of agree. Pouliot has a lot of raw talent and I'd be surprised if he never put it all together. Then again it was up to him to elevate his play.

Old
06-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
go read the akost re-signing thread. i'll bet you'll be surprised at what you will find inside.
A lot of people here wants him gone, but I was talking about the general public, where AKost disapproval ratings are worse than Jean Charest's.

Old
06-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
According to Renaud lavoie (RDS), Pouliot WON'T be given a qualifying offer and will become UFA on July 1st...

If it's the case: what a waste.

I was hoping PG would trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick at least.

Total fiasco. And we traded Latendresse for THAT !
I personally want Pouliot back, as I think with more time and development he could be a nice top 9 scoring winger. That being said, I don't think PG is sitting there saying "yeah, I could get a 2nd rounder for him, but I'll just get nothing instead." I highly doubt that management would let a player walk to FA without letting other teams know he is available. If no other team was willing to give a pick for him, and the Habs really don't want him, that's when he'll go to UFA status.

Old
06-26-2011, 03:53 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
I personally want Pouliot back, as I think with more time and development he could be a nice top 9 scoring winger. That being said, I don't think PG is sitting there saying "yeah, I could get a 2nd rounder for him, but I'll just get nothing instead." I highly doubt that management would let a player walk to FA without letting other teams know he is available. If no other team was willing to give a pick for him, and the Habs really don't want him, that's when he'll go to UFA status.
It is a huge loss, anyway. We lost Latendresse for him.

habs are good at loosing telented guys for nothing or less to nothing: Ribeiro, Grabovski, S.Kostitsyn...

Old
06-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Subban76

Quote:

Apparently PG tried to trade him all week-end but nobody wants him.

Have you ever thought of that? Pouliot might have no value.

Old
06-26-2011, 03:55 PM
PricePkPatch

Guys, it's not like this player is a busted homegrown talent. He was crappy in Minni too, which is why we did the "bust-swap" with the Wild.

Plus, when you are given 5-6 minutes, you better give your coach a helluva 6 minutes if you want him to use you again. But Ben takes penalties, and is a general liability.

He should really start to think about how he can fit in better. It's his responsibility, not the club's.

Old
06-26-2011, 03:56 PM
hotcarle

I feel as though good asset management dictates that we need to qualify him, considering what we gave up for him. I like the idea of a Bergfors/Pouliot swap. Bernier...we could have taken for free off waivers in March. Pouliot's season wasn't even that bad. He had 30 points playing on the 3rd line with no PP. I think it's his attitude they feel is detrimental to the team. Trade him for Brule....4th for 6th 2005. Just kidding, Brule is brutal.

Old
06-26-2011, 04:01 PM
TheBuriedHab

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.

Old
06-26-2011, 04:01 PM
NewHabsEra*

Some insides from Reneault Lavoie

Reneauld Lavoie had some insides infos yesterday saying that the Habs didnt plan to re sign Pouliot, he has been told that Markov's first year of his new contrat was blinded by a full NTC, but had limilted NTC for year 2 and 3 of his contract, he has to deliver Gauthier a 15 teams list in the next few days..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 06-26-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old
06-26-2011, 04:04 PM
GordonGraham

so looks like hes gone then

Old
06-26-2011, 04:05 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Needs link, brah.

Old
06-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
That's all fine and dandy on Markov, but the point of a NTC list is useless, if he gets hurt again then nobody will trade for him at that salary. If he stays healthy then we will want to keep him, seems strange to even bother coming up with a list.

The Pouliot thing is bad asset management.

Old
06-26-2011, 04:08 PM
jadensdad

he is not worth the 1.35 m QA. I like pouliot, he still has potential, just not at that number. We might resign him for 800K, you never know

Old
06-26-2011, 04:10 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
That's all fine and dandy on Markov, but the point of a NTC list is useless, if he gets hurt again then nobody will trade for him at that salary. If he stays healthy then we will want to keep him, seems strange to even bother coming up with a list.
If the Habs are struggling in year 2-3 he could be flipped for valuable assets. Not saying it's likely but it's nice to have the option/freedom.

Old
06-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensdad View Post
he is not worth the 1.35 m QA. I like pouliot, he still has potential, just not at that number. We might resign him for 800K, you never know
Assuming Pouliot's agent isn't a moron, if MTL qualifies him at 1.35 they sign it and run.

If Pouliot hits the open market on July 1, my bet is he gets 800K-1 Mil.

This is just simple negotiation tactics, if I'm MTL and have interest in keeping him I offer him 1 year @ 1 Million. If his agent thinks he'll get more as a ufa he walks.

I can't imagine many people being to thrilled with him back at $1.35.

Old
06-26-2011, 04:13 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Are they not going to qualify him so that he doesnt get the 10% raise or whatever? To lose him outright is pretty silly.

Closed Thread